Focused Feedback - Priests

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Xelgad, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Dyeana....I never had an issue with my group cure not curing dets off my group this xpac or last....few occasional graphics bugs which didn't show they removed which sometimes happens yeah...but devoted works fine....about the only thing that maybe could use a tweak would be the heal via aa once the det is removed.
  2. Pantz Active Member

Spirit of the Wolf needs a boost.
  3. Hammdaddy Active Member

I like the spirit of druidism nerf, it was 500k in beta, it is now 130k. Tone it up atleast to spiritual leadership
  4. The Jones Active Member

Could we revamp the INQ Exorcise AA ability? The idea is really cool, but the damage has become laughable
  5. Abyss New Member

We're looking for feedback on anything you find frustrating, annoying or think could be better.

I have played on a handful of accounts a mystic from the launch of EQ2. In most recent years I have enjoyed playing with a select group of core players that very efficiently move through heroic content and contested content. We do not raid or concentrate on solo play. My main focus as the group mystic has been and continues to be as a warder/healer. I do not play with add-on's with the exception of voice and I am hell bent on making things work with the default UI.

Within these constraints I have no issues with keeping our tank alive. I have also resigned myself, with the groups consent, to ignore the damage parse. A win for me is to see the group effectively move through content quickly with as little frustration as possible. To this extent I also have resigned myself that the shaman class and specifically the mystic I play casts things slowly. We are at essence a predictive healing class and not an overtly reactive healing class.

Therefore in my opinion the mystic has fallen behind with a viable mid range GROUP heal over time option. This is strikingly evident with the pulse damage in certain non toxic pulsing damage in heroic content. The damage does not impact my mystic or the tank survivability, but the group. The Mystics shortcomings in dealing with it has become annoying and I believe can be done better. I would think this could be done by making A) Lunar Attendant more powerful to fill that role. The amount healed, survivability, and recast could use some serious adjustment. B) Ancestral Support heal component can be adjusted to make it more effective to the new hit point totals and pulse damage. C) A heal or better ward component from the prestige tree for Ritual of Alacrity could also be tweaked for new point totals and pulse damage, and in a happy mystic world that could be distributed amongst the group. D) or perhaps something else that would fill that gap. I look at the groups Inquisitor new prestige heal overtime with complete envy, and would not only give my eye teeth for that along with Soul Shackle.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to my grumpy ramblings.
    Ketu likes this.
  6. Malleria Well-Known Member

I'd gladly trade my inq HoT for Soul Shackle. Soul Shackle is ridiculously powerful :p
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'll trade the druid direct heal for either of them :p
    Malleria likes this.
  8. Kiry Active Member

I'd trade soul shackle for divine waters or tortoise shell.

As much as I love dog dog, he's less than useless as an AE blocker.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

No argument there, but druids did lose out when comparing the new prestige heals. I might end up speccing into it for specific fights, but it doesn't do enough given it's reuse to be worth the points for use in any 'always/mostly' build I'm likely to have.
  10. Kiry Active Member

Agreed, I use rage of the wild only for another dps button on my druids, but then again that's because druids didn't need anymore heals, just need more dps things to press cos already had no need for heal buttons.
  11. Canth Active Member

I only use it to heal when proccing VC
  12. Canth Active Member

Yeah, I like those silent nerfs.
  13. Koinoo Member

Functional complaint regarding a long standing bug (at least, I think) for one of both shamans' primary buff lines:

Shaman Shroud of Armor & Runic Armor Buff Lines: I'm not sure when this started occurring, but the ward on both of these spells seems to not apply critically within instances or immediately after being cast. When initially cast, the ward amount on the spell is the same as the tooltip value. If I then zone into a non-instanced zone (say, Commonlands, Phantom Sea or Tranquil Sea), the ward refreshes to a significant amount more (as though it is being applied critically).

For example, take my defiler's Shroud of Armor spell:

Solo Stats: 788.8% critical chance, 698.8% critical bonus, 1106.9% potency, 36,378 Ability Mod

Shroud of Armor (tooltip, standing solo): 8054
    Initially Applied: 8054 (on buff window)
    Zone to non-instanced zone (i.e. Commonlands, Phantom/Tranquil Sea): Ward refreshes to ~63k
    Zone to instanced zone (i.e. any advanced solo, Castle Highhold: No Quarter, etc.): Stays at tooltip value or within a very close range of it.

Logs of max absorption amounts for both spells also indicate the above values, telling me that this is not simply a tooltip/display bug.

Looking through logs, I always see one of the two messages for the spell immediately after zoning or initially casting the spell:

[instanced zone] YOUR Shroud of Armor has applied to YOU as a ward for 0.
    [non-instanced zone, buff in maintained window] YOUR Shroud of Armor has applied to YOU as a critical ward for 0.
    [non-instanced zone, initial cast] YOUR Shroud of Armor has applied to YOU as a ward for 0.

The ward refreshes for the appropriate amount on the next server tick after that, usually varying in refresh amount.

I've submitted multiple /bug reports in-game about it over the past couple of years, and thought it would be good to bring it up here as well.

Any chance of getting some confirmation on whether this is a known bug? :)
  14. Kiry Active Member

It's been bugged like that for as long as I can remember tbh.

The other bug that pisses me off is when a group member (e.g the tank) receives a 100% decreased healing received debuff how our Runic Amor/Shroud of Armor gets dispelled completely from the ENTIRE GROUP and cannot be recast until the tank looses the reduced healing debuff. That is not just a small fry problem, that is an automatic dump of 20% of the entire group's hitpoints and a fat chunk of physical mit as well as the lame ward on the rest of the group members that do not have the debuff.
    Malleria and Daalilama like this.
  15. Kalika Well-Known Member

I sort of disagree with peoples claiming that mystic are weak, i play warden and mystic
    and the mystic does well, indeed sometimes i believe that she does better. It's difficult to really assess which one is better because I may struggle with my warden in a dungeon simply because the group is weak (bad gear, bad gameplay, weak group composition) and I may think that my mystic rocks simply because the group is "good".

So claiming that my mystic is more powerfull than my warden would be rather foolish, but what i can say for sure is that she is quite good.

First spirit shackle is extremely powerfull and it require almost no attention, to keep it up I spend 1 second each 60 seconds, and it's on 50 seconds over 60. So to have this huge damage interception on i spend like 2% of my time. On top this ability decrease opponent potency by 20%, usually mob potency is not 1000 but rather 100 or 200. So this 20% is probably significant. I don't have any data proving it, it would require me to look at the value of "ticks" with or without on people with the same mitigation/resistance, but it's probably significant.

Second ancestral authority is simply a second huge source of damage interception. Unlike spirit of druidism it proc even if the mystic is over-healing, it proc even if i am casting "call of the grey" (aoe ressurection) and it also proc if the group is passive. Ancestral Authority proc for any group member taking damage or dealing damage. On parses it proc usually twice more than spirit of the druidism, even if my warden is going for full dps. The ward value is similar (of the same order) to the one of the ward granted by spirit of druidism.
    So Ancestral Authority is very superior to spirit of the druidism, and it's alway on even if due to a script you cannot deal damage.

Third totemic protection is a very nice filler, if you cast it on you it will heal 20% of the damage received before mitigation/resist.
    Since we often mitigate 60-70% of the damage, we receive 30% of the base damage and get healed for 20%, so the real damage is 10% instead of 30%.
    So only 1/3 of the damage is taken, and this is huge, even if it only last for 10second.

Four : Transcendance is a very huge heal, for sure its casting time is longer than the druid fast group heal, but it heals a lot.
    Indeed it probably heals almost as much per second spend casting the spell.

Five : We can use torpor and ST target ward on weak group member or on group member that may reach the agro list top.
    Again those spell last much much longer than a druid heal over the time.

On top mystic do have "emergency" heals that are extremelly strong.

- Ancestral channeling is a monster heal, and you can fire two in a row if you use the emergency ward that reset the reuse timer.

- The mana drain mythical spell is granting something that is close to an immunity to the group while it last.
    It does not prevent one shot, or fail conditions but it heal everything. In typical heroic content the ability is available for each named encounter, and if your group dps is decent it may be up for 1/5 (or more) of the fight. It is also a very nice way to recover for a semi wipe, indeed it's very close to a I WIN button.

Beyond hps and ward Mystic have other abilities that make the class very strong :

- The range of their ressurection spell if very large, i never ever need to move or to find a group member.
    And the open AOE ressurection rocks too.

- They bring many debuf that may significantly decrease opponent damage. Mob stats are usually low, typically 100-200 dps mod, 100 haste and so on. So those debufs are welcome on long (non trash) fight.

- The running speed and mitigation increase on bolster is
    very good too, often i cast it on the weakest group member and not on the tank.

Last there are other assets, less important but I''m mentioning them :

- The heal on termination of the group ward can always help, i'm not always using that ward -- it's a bit slow --
    but i often use it.

- The group ward whose value depends on the group dps may be very good/huge if your group is doing good damage.
    I gave up this ability, because ward was below 100K, but people dps was very low in a normal group it should do at least 400k
    and it may reach 1m with a very good group.

- I don't use Spirit Aegis, it's too slow but if you go for a fully protective spec this is an extra group ward that is not shared.

To conclude remember that a druid healstorm last 7,5 second (it last even less if grouped with a bard) and that my warden spend 1 second to cast it. This is 13% of her time. I tend to have more fun with my mystic
    because her gameplay is more varied. Sure she has "howling with the pack" but this does not works so well when heavy healing is required, and "protective instinct" .. but Protective instinct cap at 1/3 of her hp and does not regenerate and last a rather short time.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Does it actually do enough damage given it's recast to be worth taking instead of more wdb?
  17. Hammdaddy Active Member

It did about 164k on beta when i had practiced bananas gear, so its basically awful. Its cool in instances when people go pull **** in narnia i guess.
    Also: Mystics are the new top afk healer with soul shackle/spiritual leadership. I'm about to reroll so i can make all the other mystics parses look bad and allow my groups to live through a tick damage and an ae auto instead of dieing no matter what.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

That was my impression as well. I played with it for one zone and decided it wasn't worth running with unless/until I find a very specific reason for a long recast direct heal that HoTs just won't work for.
  19. Smite Active Member

On the forums they had posts like these:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2...c-wisdom-line-is-entirely-undesirable.486269/
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2...i-think-it-is-about-time-for-a-revamp.501688/
    _ _ _

So, they cooked two meals at the same time:

http://archive.eq2wire.com/showthread.php?t=504290

The interesting thing about inflation is that now in AoM the -95% potency is a joke. I just tested it and it no longer matters but then again so is the +7% DPS in a 1.5M AOE parse.

Their original motivations were:

a) Not all undead mobs were tagged correctly.
    b) The game isn't 50% undead every new content push.
    c) Too many didn't accept that the Wis line gave 2x the advantage over 1/2 the mobs in the game
    d) I wasn't the only one breaking what the Devs felt was wait in line 'progression' with the Wis line pre-F2P.
    _ _ _

To which I'd now say the Int line has nearly no value at endgame and the Agility line isn't much better given 1 target AOE block and tortoise shell has to remain class defining.

I'll take the old Wis line back as it was... undead gnolls in Thresnet's Den Heroic - no problem. Castle Highhold No Quarter x4 solo healing a group... less of a problem (24s of complete immunity to anything under 50% health per hit groupwide).

What they ought to do is make the Int line as uber as the old Wis line was but only for a chosen enemy mob type from your Master Strike List from competed Legend and Lore. If living and undead were general categories they'd be as uber as it used to be but if even more specific was optional, say Akhevans, it could be much much higher since the frequency would be much much lower obviously.
    _ _ _

Now that would be something we all could get behind. I'm sure there are some obsolete KOS AA lines for Shamans and Druids so insert this suggestion for Cleric Int line with whatever their outdated ones happen to be.

Then again, that doesn't solve the Wis being... meh now with the proc inflation. With as crippling as -95% potency used to be they could make this -95% heal output but make it so we do T1 DPS of 4 million AOE with it on in AoM. If they won't let us hybrid to tanks maybe AOE DPS wouldn't be too much a stretch.

Otherwise they just ought to crunch the AA down like they should buttons. SJ said EQ2's classes are big. WOW crunched abilities we might just want to do the same in EQ2 rather than focusing on how to inflate legacy AA's.
  20. Smite Active Member

A clarification to #222,

If L&L is too small a barrier the Devs could couple it to a new tag beyond Destroyer of X, Y, or Z (10K mobs): "New Dev Label Here" (100K mobs or whatever).

So for new expansions and races like ToV and AoM Devs can rest assured that almost no one (unless cheating) could have their new and improved mobs trivialized by going and trivially mashing mobs elsewhere.
    _ _ _

Lots of priests would have undead as an option, some would have gnolls or orcs, some might have drakes or elementals, but few would have Aeraykn or Akevans.

It could provide some flavor between player choices beyond just class.
    -Soteria- likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.