Focused Feedback – Zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Silzin, Dec 9, 2014.

1. slica Active Member

Yeah friend the zone is fine in its current state, just play with the encounters a bit and you shall see. I have successfully pugged this many times. :)
  2. Nezette Well-Known Member

Woah woah, friend. Don't toss out my keys to success to freely! :-(
  3. slica Active Member

That nerf to the third named in RoM is real.. 6-7 mins on final part to kill down to 23 seconds...I lol'd
    Stealthmode and Gaealiege like this.
  4. slica Active Member

5. slica Active Member

my edit became a dbl post, my apologies :(
  6. Ezariel Member

Bitterman's barnacle, yes you are right it can be avoided. It is very hard to learn starting out though. Our group outfitted in the gear we received through the sig quest and the mount, was one shotted every time someone got hit. Extremely unforgiving to learn.

Deron's whirling blades, I am not sure what you mean... it is an uncurable piercing zonewide aoe that hits healers in starter gear for anywhere from 300-600k a tick. Being that it hits people who rez at the entrance, and it isn't a cast that you can interrupt, how can you possibly avoid it? Not doubting you here, but wish there was some kind of clue.
  7. Gninja Developer

You're right I was referring to the barnacle. Ill check out the damage on the whirling blades and make sure I didn't typo an extra zero :p
    Stealthmode likes this.
  8. Ezariel Member

don't get me wrong, Deron is a good fight and is manageable once your priests and mages get some decent mitigation upgrades from the heroics. With a few upgraded blues it is a good challenging heal/cure check fight.
  9. Galvanic New Member

On the second named - dont let him increment up........
  10. Kalika Well-Known Member

I did broken skull and we had like 800 hps, it was not fun at all ... overhealing like crazy from beginning to end.

On Bypsie we should have a bit more time to catch her.

Behemoth hits too hard.

Easiest even is boring, the ring is too long.

Z zones are well tuned since you can go there without any gear.

Ossuary : please let us root, snare or cage the two adds, i think that darkness worked on the add that vanish, but on the one that cast bone blade none of my CC worked (fear, cage, snare, root). Since those dudes are perma reseting
    they should be controlable, may be exclude mezzing, but stun, snare, root, cage, fear should work.
  11. Kord New Member

Please don't make this game to the point that the most challenging part, is the logging in.
    Stealthmode likes this.
  12. Nezette Well-Known Member

Have no fear! Combatting lag will always be #1!
    Stealthmode, Jrel and Crychtonn like this.
  13. Kord New Member

Speaking of which, I really am enjoying those "lag" moments on the Sacrificer Aevila D'Serin fight, thanks :)
    Stealthmode likes this.
  14. Uncle Active Member

Castle Highhold: Thresinet’s Den – got asked to help with the last named which i have RENAMED THE QUEEN of Chain CASTING FEAR DOT WITH TOO MUCH HP X2. ONE chain casting her frontal dot with fear effect X2 making it almost im possible to get her intupted unless you have a cleric with sancuary or a fear specced crusader.
    Two adds that are resist to all kinds of damage but heat and peicing is annoying and HP on the sacks to distroy was high for the amount of time the named stays interupted when the group did mamage to get it interupted.
    cocoon hp was high as well for that phase. Thirdly the amount of time for hatching to spawn for that phase for the Dps check was a lil fast not much but a lil. Finally the amount of time it took for to kill it for a reward of PLate HP boots and nothing else made laugh.

The risk for reward on this guy was on par with Broken skull: yellow jacket x2 and since ive killed it once in this condition and saw the reward or lack there of I will not be going back in until changes are made.
  15. Nezette Well-Known Member

You only get feared if you're doing something wrong.

Have someone stand on the opposite side of the room... you pop out and get her attention... the other person throws an arrow or something... the cocoon becomes active... DON'T HIT HER anymore. Personally, I like to hit Daggerstorm so I lols-kill myself with the fear every 15s or so. It's just something I enjoy doing, same as daggerstorming on mobs that reflect. I'm easily amused.

I haven't pugged her because the prior mob was a bit of a block... but I've done it with folks on bad alts and the things you mentioned weren't issues for us. Our main issue is 1) Daggerstorm, 2) people not running well, and... 3) not communicating who's throwing arrows-- basically, our failures were all on ourselves.
    Stealthmode likes this.
  16. Kalika Well-Known Member

Did the twice "boat" (broken skull bay) again, got 500k hps with my mystic ... Had to use bolster on our assasin that had like 500-600k hp (and on 500k hp warden alt on first run) and low mitigation, to prevent 1 shot.

The physical damage is still a bit high on group for people with low mitigation, mainly people who kept potent gear from TOV.

Honestly Ossuary is not harder than the "boat".

Probably everything is easier with a single healer, typically on for BSB we could burn each boss with all my mystic temp up : Mana drain, double ancestral channeling.

Just to give an idea : Me solo heal in Dino/Lizzie zones => never got really above 300k hps.
    Pirat captain : me 490, warden 200 k, paladin 90k=> almost 800k hps.
  17. Gargamol Member

I get the feeling that the recent nerf of the zone resist requirements, were only done for nox/arcane/elemental and the regular physical mitigation requirements for trauma and autoattack damage weren't touched.
  18. Gninja Developer

That is correct for the most part. Going into zones with very low health is still going to end badly for your group. You should be trying to survive with more than just healers healing, its everyone's responsibility to stay alive not just the healer.
    Stealthmode, Gaealiege, Spira and 2 others like this.
  19. Trickykell Member

20. Trickykell Member

Ignore that up above, tried to edit but received a java script... what I was TRYING to do (lol) is quote
    And THEN say... I love it when someone besides me says that... somehow came out looking like I was quoting myself... my ego is out of control I guess?