Focused casting issues?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Morghus, Jun 28, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

So...I'm wondering what the point of its abilities are aside from casting and recovery and whether the advantages truly outweigh the disadvantages to merit a long recast.
    Knockbacks and knockups will effortlessly knock you up or away despite being rooted to the ground, only serving to disservice you. I've died a few times to fights like Powermonger or simply lost dps from a knockback.
    Also, the ability states that you are unable to be interrupted while it is active. This doesn't hold true and links back to the first issue as when you are knocked up or away you get interrupted anyways even though the ability states you are unable to be interrupted. Is this intended or an oversight?
  2. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

yeah the 'unable to be interrupted' is just flat bs. you get just as interrupted with focused casting as without it being cast. typical.
  3. ARCHIVED-Xeblikaa Guest

It's really drawing down the line, it should read "unable to be interrupted except if knocked back/ up"
  4. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Aysira@Crushbone wrote:
    I get interrupted without knock back/up while under 'focus casting'.
  5. ARCHIVED-SageGaspar Guest

It prevents damage from interrupting your casting, so for instance if you're soloing and there's a mob at point blank range you can hit it as a panic button to try to burst it. It also roots you if you're feared which can be handy occasionally. But yeah there's some major drawbacks with knockback and you just have to learn how to use it. On Powermonger there's no reason to use it until the very end of the fight when he stops knockbacks and you have to burn it down fast, which is exactly the kind of situation it's best for. It's also great for overcoming casting speed debuffs like in the curator fight.
  6. ARCHIVED-Wytie Guest

It should add a proc to every spell cast while Focus is active, or some sort of damage componet or another effect.
    At this point in the game the AA end line is kinda lacking imo.
  7. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

It would be nice if the description then were re-worded if it indeed is only meant to prevent interruption from damage. As it is currently worded it states that you are unable to be interrupted as an absolute with no ifs or buts. I also dont see the point in its root component if you can just get knocked back/up anyways which defeats any value in that component.
    This aa is quite nice at least at lower levels, but at higher points its value decreases by quite a bit especially when being required to maneuver and move while dpsing. I would not mind if it were to be reworked or made into a proc, anything as it is now it is not entirely deserving of the short 15 second duration and 2+ minute reuse.
  8. ARCHIVED-Laretha Guest

Like some abilities its situational and I would not cast it in some fights like powermonger.
    So yes it may not work on all fights but that is like all classes its not perfect.
    Raiding with it can be fun and yes you can be knocked back and rooted out of sight of your target.
    Just click it off and get over it. Its about timing it too not just spaming it when it comes up.
    I like the ability and am happy with it the way it is. Not perfect but way way better than those uselss spells we have!

Lare
  9. ARCHIVED-Hellswrath Guest

Laretha wrote:
    Agreed. I think this one is an excellent ability and should be left alone.
  10. ARCHIVED-Korvac Xavier Guest

I would like it to add an immunity to stun/stifle, as it is with very good cast speed gear you really dont need it much. Add an immunity to stun/stifle and you have an ability worthy of an endline.
    Also, it can't just be clicked off. You have to find it on your maintained and cancel it. A 2nd click of it to cancel would be nice.
  11. ARCHIVED-BetaMaster Guest

Don't touch this ability imo.

I know... blasphemy... I'm saying not to buff us. Why? If we are too powerful we get nurfed. This spell is fine. It is useful and I don't see myself dropping it anytime soon. The cast speed we can get high up on (but not capped 100% of the time) and recovery is hard to come by.

"Working as intended"