Flying Mount

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sarcas, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Sarcas New Member

I have played since launch However I had to take a real life break for the last 5 years. I am playing again and enjoy it. my question is I have gotten my all access but have not bought tov or aom. Will I have to buy a flying mount or do I quest for one. Thanks
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

There are multiple quests for flying mounts, no need to spend money on them if you don't want to.
    Feara and iamvegano like this.
  3. Sarcas New Member

Feara likes this.
  4. Charlice Well-Known Member

Also check /claim, you may have one in there.
    The first flying mount quest starts in the DoV zones.
    Feara likes this.
  5. Wurm Well-Known Member

Feara likes this.
  6. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Welcome back!

Edit: Ignore this, apparently you need to do the Eidolon timeline before you can get that quest. Which can be done in less than a week, though, which is how long it takes to get the DoV griffon due to the last set of quests being dailies.

The fastest way (other than if /claim has a flying mount, that is) to get a flying mount is to head for Obol Plains, and speak to Anton the Mad in Cardin Ward. His very short questline will get you a sokokar flying mount:

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Mad_Crown's_Quest
  7. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Doesn't this quest line give you a windgazer glider, rather than a flying mount ??
  8. Feara Well-Known Member

To all the righteous players that take the time to answers questions on these Forums. You rock! :cool:

Me... I'm just here to disturb the peace.

Welcome back Sarcas!
  9. Delishus Active Member

I used to flap my arms really fast until someone reminded me I'm Arasai.
    Juraiya, Wurm and HaphazardAllure like this.
  10. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Did I look at the wrong quest? I know there's one somewhere that gives a sokokar! I'll see if I can find it (adv and crafter versions).
    Feara and flameweaver like this.
  11. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Sorry, looks like that one was ToV - Sokokar Airstrider was the mount I was thinking of (it has a crafting and adv version, that somehow have the same name, but show as 2 mounts on the mount list if you've done both quests).
  12. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

If you can /claim the 8 year veteran's reward you get an Elemental Mount. It's basically a disc to fly around on.
  13. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

This may be the best line to follow for a returning player Flying Mount
    the sokakar is a ToV mount in Vesspyr
    Welcome back Sarcas Good Hunting!!:)
  14. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The OP doesn't have ToV.
  15. Gharyn Well-Known Member

If you're new to the flying thing here I would suggest you do the Leaping to Conclusions quest in Butcherblock first that gets you the leaper mount and play with that for a while because that is an absolute blast. Once you move to actual flying it won't have the same impact and you won't want to go back.
    Wurm likes this.
  16. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Aren't those discs also available on the loyalty merchant?
    Charlice likes this.
  17. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Pretty sure there are "elemental" discs on that vendor...are those flying mounts? The way they're packaged you can't preview one, or at least couldn't last time I tried to look at one.
  18. Charlice Well-Known Member

Yeah they fly. They're round discs iirc.
    Dulcenia likes this.
  19. Wurm Well-Known Member

I agree, when leveling up my warden during 2x XP weekend I was very happy to have that mount when I reached KOS content.
  20. s7n7a7k7e Active Member

Yeah, leaping is actually fun. One of my favorite mounts is the spider mount. I have both the Halloween and Xmas versions lol.