Flight in Echo Caverns

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Treagia Stairfaller, May 9, 2022.

1. Treagia Stairfaller New Member

Feeling really stumped - my mount will fly in 'normal' zones, but I can't for the life of me fly inside of the Echo Caverns zone - is there a quest that I have to complete first? If I understand correctly, flight is necessary to reach Daloryn Krey in the quest "Help for Hildreth", but I'm not able to.... any help? Thanks
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

You have to finish one of the signature lines before you can fly. Either the adventure or the tradeskill one.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Blood of Luclin requires you to complete the entire adventure or tradeskill signature questline before your mount finally "adjusts" to the moon's gravity.

Reign of Shadows requires you to complete each zone as you progress through the signature lines to earn flight as you go. The story reasons just handwave it all and suddenly you can fly again.

Visions of Vetrovia requires you to complete each zone as you progress through the signature lines, but this time around there's no story reason, but it's purely for mechanical reasons to slow down players from burning through all the content in a day.
    Twyla likes this.
  4. Daryx Well-Known Member

Actually, you don't need flight to get to him, but it's a little tricky. You can run up the short ramp above the quarry where you get the update for the signature quest and drop down to him, and get the update and pick up the quest from the NPC by the door. To get out, if you follow the ramp around clockwise to its end, it is entirely possible to jump a little over to a spot to your left where you can easily climb over the rocks and jump down again to continue. Otherwise you can use evac or fast travel to get back to Fordel Midst if you prefer, but flight just makes that all much more convenient.
    Breanna and Twyla like this.