Fixing warden in 3 easy moves ...

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-hortefoutre, Apr 28, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

Pick 2 to 6 items in this list :
    - turn tranquility into a reactive cure, each point in imrpoved tranquility will grant 50% chance to trigger on a detrimental. Charges should be 3 or 5.
    - make instinct groupwide.
    - add something usefull to sandstorm (it seems that defense bonus is useless, according to tanks).
    - add a group physical mitigation buff to wolfform -- emulating porcupine and peerless predator --
    - For alll priests make death prevent heal percentage based (including the warden group death prevention).
    - Lower cyclon base reuse to 4-5mn, or make it groupwide, or allow us to cast it on any raid member.
  2. ARCHIVED-RogueSpideyChick Guest

Gorock@Storms wrote:
    peerless predator is NOT a phys mit buff. it is agi & sta ONLY. this xp a tiny bit of avoidance & spell resists were added to it because of the change of stats. why does everybody think that it is? it's the equivalent of ur self wolf buff EXCEPT that urs adds some phys mit, ours adds sta for hp instead. here if u dont believe me. notice where it says CASTER on the zam link. the other wiki link is slightly outdated but it does say SELF.
    zam
    wiki
  3. ARCHIVED-joyhinia Guest

My 3 step fix for wardens would be:
    1. Fix what is broken like the fact if someone isn't in range for the initial heal of a regen the ticks won't crit on the for example.
    2. Revamp the aa's like the druid agi line that you promised and possibly the warden tree cure line that virtually no one takes cause its completely out of date (you might want to look at the mystic and templar version of these too)
    3. Give wardens 1 groupwide utility buff that doesn't involve us having to dps to proc it.
    Your ideas are something to work with but not all of them make sense:
    Tranquility isn't the greatest ability but its ok and can save lifes if it procs at the right time, this isn't something that immediately comes to my mind when I think of warden fixes.
    Making instinct groupwide would be nice however wardens have been asking this is since KoS it hasn't happened yet so I doubt it ever will, maybe instead of asking for instinct to be groupwide we should be thinking of other buffs that would help wardens. Something as simple as energy vortex (10 cb) made furies far more desirable and this should be the lines along which we should be looking for a group utility buff.
    Wardens have plenty of defensive abilities, sandstorm while it isn't the greatest defensive temp buff it does help abit and should be cast whenever it is up, the small defensive bonuses can help tanks but they won't notice until you stop casting it.
    Wolf form is a self buff as is peerless predator however wolf form is the only buff out of the 2 to have physical mitigation. Porcupine is a awesome temp defensive ability however why would it be mentioned with self buffs? Wolf form isn't gonna be made groupwide.
    Completely agree with the deathsaves being made % based and was something that was brought up and not responsed too during beta.
    Cyclone is a extremely powerful temp stoneskin, the reuse sucks however I still think the only change that this needs is to made castable on a raid member not just group.
  4. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

I quite agree with you, best change to cyclone would be to make usable on any raid member (groupwide cyclon would rock but could be a bit overpowered).
    For your remark on peerless predator, i was indeed refering to primal fury which is a massive dps buf (for any class) but which also add mitigation. Sorry for the confusion.
    For tranquility, I keep it up always, but the chance that it proc before we cure is rather small ... raid cure come withing 1-2second, tanquility tick each 15 (on average). A reactive cure would really make wardens special, and since druid are cure oriented it would make sense.
    My remark about +defense being useless is naive, i simply read on some fighter board that super high defense was useless in raid (but not against heroic). My highest tank being 52, i cannot argue about it, but from what i read it seemed that it was a triviality for fighters (contested stuff .... and other tank chit chat). Anyway i keep it up when nothing more urgent is to be done.
    Last, yes for sure the agility line should be revisited. I did not mention it since my focus was on warden.
  5. ARCHIVED-hortefoutre Guest

LOL !
    The dev listened to us, nature walk will now be disabled in PVP. Apparently the fact that nature walk is useless in PVE (except to solo, or till ROK ... when tank could be rooted on a long pull) does not bother them, but ti was certainly annoying to have priest that were not scout food.
    I never entered a BG, but obviously the warden class is KOS in San Diego.
  6. ARCHIVED-RogueSpideyChick Guest

Gorock@Storms wrote:
    it adds a TINY bit of spell resists (359 at m1 t9) because of the change to stats (since it adds wis as one of the stats), no mit, so not sure where ur gettin that either. u MIGHT be thinking of animal form which adds phys mit but ONLY if the target is a mage (it can only be cast on a mage or priest. priests do NOT get the phys mit benefit & lose the ability to cast beneficial spells while it's on them. it does however give a lil over 5k hp to whoever it's on).
  7. ARCHIVED-Ayaka Guest

Gorock@Storms wrote:
    Yep, we call for utility, but now one buff that was actually useful situationally has now been removed. Joy. Of course it only affects PvP/BG... But really... /sigh
  8. ARCHIVED-GrandMasterUb Guest

Gorock@Storms wrote:
    Nature Walk has always been disabled in pvp. As soon as you engaged it no longer worked. It was only good for running until you felt like fighting.

As for fixing wardens:
    1) Make Cyclone castable raidwide
    2) Either make instinct groupwide, OR open up some more conc slots for us (by removing conc requirements on other abilites) and allow instinct to be cast on multiple ppl. I think 3 would be reasonable.
    3) Make sandstorm proc on attacks not just taking damage. Gives us more utility from the hate management aspect.
    4) Tree and fairy could be a good place to add utility. Maybe tree heals power of group. Fairy could add a potency buff while up.

Overall though we need a pretty complete revamp of the EoF tree and the AGI line on the druid tree needs to be looked at.
    IMO: Increase all CA damage in our melee line. Have our Rez AA give us a clean rez and increase the rez range. Have spirit of the bat give a melee buff other than just stats (5% MA?). Completely revamp the cures line. This also could be a good place for utility. On successful nox cure (small hp hot), on successful trauma cure (5% CB temp), on successful arcane cure (5% pot temp), on successful elemental cure (small power hot). Group cure (small hot). Same cure curse thing since its super delicious. No idea for endlines tho
  9. ARCHIVED-AziBam Guest

Elanjar@Nagafen wrote:
    Not that it's really worth debating since it will be a moot point soon but, Nature Walk doesn't disable in pvp right now. The group root immunity (totally sure) and snare reductions (pretty sure) work in pvp. At least until GU60. That was one of the more annoying things about playing against wardens. Trying to root them or a groupmate *immune* I always try to debuff them first hoping Nature Walk is one of the ones I strip off. It's also one of the buffs I try to get back up if it's debuffed off of me when I'm playing my warden in pvp or BGs.
  10. ARCHIVED-theBlackDragon Guest

Bottomline: nothing is gonna change and each GU there will be less raiding wardens left to complain about the issues so the chances things will eventually change only get smaller.
    I'm an optimistic pessimist, I'm positive things could turn out even worse.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lilesthobo Guest

theBlackDragon wrote:
    QFE/QFT