Fix the fury!

Discussion in 'Fury' started by ARCHIVED-June, Aug 24, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-June Guest

Among all the healers fury is in deepest a$$. And it gets worse and worse every new expansion. This class doesn’t have any antispykes - no self, no group one. It makes fury the most useless class in pvp and pve. Some add-ons ago there was a discussion about how useless fury is in comparison with inquisitor in mage group. There’s no discussion now. Cause it’s ridiculous.
    Two years ago there was the difference between Inq and Fury, and it was in group buffs. Fury could heal the group though - with greater difficulty cause of mechanics, but it was possible to heal. So furies were waiting when their buffs would be as useful as inq’s buffs. And what we have now?
    Inquisitor can solo heal during most encounters in the game. Stifle-immunity, interruption-immunity, stun-immunity. Groupwide hp buff. Divine Guidance - 24 seconds, group deathsave 8 seconds - nothing can kill the group when it's active. Inq’s mythic with fast cast & reuse works even when he’s flying, and heals great. Solo antispyke - Divine Aura. Great Heroic AA!
    And what about Fury? Absolutely nothing. Permanent interruptions, crutches instead of legs – Serenity. No antispyke, two cures of hostile effects - and the both are useless when you are knockbacked and it’s necessary to cure dots at this time. Absolutely useless Heroic AA, there’s nothing to take. Only one useful AA - 15% reuse on heal stance goes to Warden. Nice sense of humor.
    Fury's rezzes are the worst in game. People even complain when I revive them - longest weakness among all revive spells in game and no revives with full hp/mana.
    In addition Inq is the best buffer for group not even among healers, but among all other support classes. That’s ridiculous. He is the best support for both - melee and mage group.
    Inquisitor
    - gives dps to the group
    - gives haste to the group
    - gives double attack to the group
    - gives stats to the group
    - gives Hp to the group
    - gives one of the best damage procs to the group
    - gives reuse to the group
    - gives potency to the group for a while
    And he has some nice buffs for solo target besides.
    Ok, and what can give Fury instead of that? Of course, his beautiful Primal Fury on solo target, which no one doesn’t even ask anymore. Intelligence goes to solo target. Health buff - to solo target. And 10 critbonus for 30 seconds which acts spells only and makes fury unable to heal under this buff.
    Is it enough? No? Ok! We can compare of Fury's attack stance with Inq's one. Inq has the best one among healers again!
    It seems to me that we compare champion and looser.
    Also I’m interested in why all the ‘useful’ things fury gets in raid depend on fury’s dps. And when you want the group to be alive you must heal it, not do damage! Ok, let’s look at the DoV Heroic AA. If fury would use them he stops healing at all. Fury becomes some kind of a mage (without dps!) and you need another healer in the group to keep it alive. Inq buffs (better) and heals (better) whithout any help!
    Warden has antispykes, endless mana, a ward, group deathsave, Tranquility. Fury has nothing to offer instead of it.
    That’s why there’re no vacancies for furies in normal raid guilds. It seems much better to take some mystic as a second healer who heals better and buffs better and his dps even better too.
    To make Fury equal to Inq we need:
    - to make Primal Fury a group constant buff with a damage proc
    - to make Serenity constant buff with no interrupting while moving
    - to make Tunare’s Grace uninterruptable and fast casting
    - to give Fury some group antispyke and some solo antispyke
    - to take off penalty from Energy Vortex and maybe make it a constant buff
    - to make Lucidity a group buff
    If you give Fury all I ask you for it would be unreal boost for Fury. And that just makes Fury be as useful as an Inq, not even more.
    In future addons new abilities given to furies will only compensate current weaknesses of the class while other healers will be better anyway. It’s necessary to revise the class completely.
    June, fury of Harla Dar, Russia.
  2. ARCHIVED-Tigress Guest

CURES
    furies have a raid wide cure over time with almost instant casting so it can be used when stunned, stiffled, feared (and running). it does have a long recast time but i read that is getting reduced and the cure over time will be reduced to compensate.
    recently, my fury was in a group with an inquisitor. i asked them abt the myth and compared it to tunare's grace. the inq myth is not as good as the druid's tunare's grace. (the differences btwn the two is not mind blowing as they are pretty close but the fury's is definitely better.) i'm not sure abt the recast or amt of time it takes to cast but i can tell you that when i was in a group with an inquisitor, we both kept hitting them together (not knowing the other was) so it must be pretty close. the inq myth does not deal damage, the druid's tunare's grace does. the fury's heal over time on the cure is better than the inquisitor's. the amt that the druid cures is higher than the inquisitor's. (inq=200, druid=210.)
    if you are believing that your fury's cures stink, then you are mistaken. all of our single/group cures heal over time and our raid one cures over time. they also have a quick reuse timer and cast quickly. granted, if you have little to no AAs, then yours arent going to heal over time so get the AAs, if that is the case.

healing passively is always good bc it helps a lot when someone suddenly gets hit.

REVIVES
    yep, they are awful. i even put that in my macro. really irks me when a necro looks at me to revive AND has put no AAs in their revive. makes me think that they dont know their class and/or are unaware of other classes in the game. also not happy when a dirge refuses to use their super quick revive & wants me to stop healing to revive someone.

BUFFS
    yes... they are limited, arent they?

you neglected to mention the useless Feral Tenacity (our "death prevent"). that thing doesnt even work! i was in a group today and someone asked me to put it on the tank. i explained that it lasted only 20-sec & never works but i'll put it on when they want me to. they said that they would let me know when it was the critical moment. they did, i cast it& guess what, it did NOTHING. In additon, the stupid spell increases only the stat for AGI (in addition to the pretend healing).

OTHER
    i'm kinda glad that nobody cares about primal fury. it has an in-combat power regen that is most helpful for the fury. (edit to add: used my memory so i might be confusing power regen with spirit of the bat but i know it has something useful in it for the fury.)
    furies (druids) have serenity. its awesome. casting time is very quick so can be used in any situation to get yourself unstunned, unstiffled and not interrupted. i have used it when running from fear & it worked.

i wish that we could heal/run at the same time. our range is not very wide and when someone gets out of range but needs a quick E-heal, its stressful trying to get to them in time. give us at least one single & one group that will work. why can paladins do it but not furies?
  3. ARCHIVED-Wildfury77 Guest

The OP just sounds like a bad Fury TBH
    For sure Inquis/Mystics are in better shape @ moment but i would put Furies in 3rd place.
    For reference i'm in X2 (Citadel armor), Drunder jewelry etc nothing fancy.
    1) Healing - can solo heal Drunder 2/3 easily and now EoW (easymode). Can solo heal/cure all EMode raid MOBs and both of the hmode MOBs we have doen so far. Not sure how you can claim a class that can do 25k+heals/sec, has hibernation and back into the fray *struggles* with healing.....
    2)Curing - 2 group cures, 1 raid cure - How about using Tortoise shell, Serenity and Howling with the pack?? Combine that with *pre-cures* (casting cure just before DOT lands) and its only on group for 1/10 of a second.
    3) DPS - Raiding - Group fights - 110k, Single target 55k (not great cos my gear isn't wonderful).
    SO HARDLY BROKEN
    - things that need fixed though
    a) Ring of Fire and Ball of lightning ---> why give AAs that give CBonus if they don't Crit?? Make these pets use our CC/CB please! PLEASE petition this guys :)
  4. ARCHIVED-RogueSpideyChick Guest

Grondak@Nagafen wrote:
    TOTALLY agree. i dont know what class he's playing because i solo heal mages without a prob on everything but 1 hm encounter & 1 em encounter that ive killed so far this xp. only thing id fix really is the power problem since im the only healer in raid that has MAJOR issues ESPECIALLY on the BAD mobs this xp for power & im way geared for power in those situations., along with having my chanter & several others watching my back the whole time. so learn to play ur class before u whine, because u obviously have no clue.
    & he thinks wardens r better? ask a warden how many fights they actually get to be in on, then ask a fury. i rarely sit, while our warden sits...a lot. while ur at it, ask them how many probs they have with their class (we have group buffs, then have none except instinct, which's 1 target. go read their boards to see all the issues theyre having. then if u think theyre so amazing compared to us betray because u obviously arent doing the fury class any good with ur incessant whining about the the problems with the class when theyre obviously all in ur head.
    ps.
    hibernate/porcupine & tshell r awesome for spike dmg if u know how to use them. & ppl who dont ask for feral r dumb. who wouldnt want 10 potency, increased stats (since their main stat does something now), cast speed increase (sorcys LOVE this) & if u have the red adorn, 10 reuse?
  5. ARCHIVED-joyhinia Guest

Do you even play a fury seriously?
    At the beginning of this expansion (since creatation actually) I was a warden and I made the hard choice to betray to fury for the good of my guild the reasoning behind this choice is that raid wise furies are in MUCH BETTER SHAPE THAN WARDENS
    1. Cures - furies have 2 excellent group cures + raid cure
    2. Hibernation is one of the best spike prevention heals avaliable
    3. Porcupine is prolly the singlemost best defensive buff in game
    I can solo every mob that Xanadu currently kills, if you want to try and help a class to get better then go take a good look at wardens and templars who are the only classes this expansion who aren't being recruited. I agree that mystics and inquis are excellent but to say that furies are the worst healers in game is just plain laughable.
  6. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Gonna just chime in with the other Vet's, I've been playing a fury for nearing 6 years and have gone through the REALLY bad times. Where we are now as a class is a far cry from RoK and TSO, I feel a lot more useful DPS and Healing wise. I've seen many folks say how easy furies are to play and to be honest, it's not it's a balancing act at times (i'm sure someone is gonna flame me on that :p /puts on firemans gear).
    btw... people actually puts AA into RoF and BL?
  7. ARCHIVED-Wildfury77 Guest

Aneova@Kithicor wrote:
    Well maybe IF they used our CC/CB/Potency....... :)
    as it stands they are broken and do very low dps.
  8. ARCHIVED-camelotcrusade Guest

Here's what I don't get. I thought conceptually Furies were supposed to be able to DPS with magic, not melee. And yet they are still saddled with the awful 120% base crit bonus for spells, while the melee base crit bonus is 130%. Why is this not reversed for Furies, or better yet, equalized?
    What do you get to make up for this? Lots of double cast?
  9. ARCHIVED-Raz_wolf Guest

Necro Post btw

But in no way do i consider furies broke. My rygor geared alt who very rarely gets to raid, can solo heal a mage group Just fine AND do better dps than any of our raid geared healers.

Biggest issue i see is the spike damage and there is nothing i can do about it. However i have learned to be less guilt ridden about it too...I survive just fine. I'm casting the same group heals as the rest of my group gets. So If they are dying and i'm not, they are standing in the wrong spot 9/10 times.

Bottom line if someone takes spike damage more often than not. Its thier fault, not mine.
  10. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Can't remember how many times we get a new mage to raiding and they're in lala land and don't get cured cause they expect me to chase after them.
  11. ARCHIVED-Iksar_God Guest

I'll generally tell a mage in my group that they're out of range, but I refuse to chase after them. If I tell them once, depending on who they are, I might tell them twice, but after that, they're on their own.