Fix Server Populations

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Atan, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Atan Well-Known Member

Just making a final plea as I leave the building.

Player populations on some servers are a detriment to sustaining play styles. In particular on Unrest, the game is no longer sustainable. It hasn't been sustainable for quite some time, and to be honest, I'm just done with it. Managing a raiding guild thru a steady decline to server death simply drained every ounce of enjoyment I once had with the game. It's a real shame in my eyes as I have been a passionate player and have spent years building community in this game. The developers here are some of the best in the industry, and I really can't fault them at all. However management hasn't prioritized making the game sustainable for the playerbase and their hands off approach has only driven more and more players from the game.

This has been an obvious issue on my server for a very long time, and the lack of due diligence to address the issue by the game provider has in essence driven tons of players from the game on this server alone.

Its too late to save my business, but maybe DBG will do something soon to prevent the steady loss from players bailing the game due to being marooned on non-viable servers.

Ciao!
  2. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Move to AB, we need the players.
  3. Ynnek Well-Known Member

The TLE servers have had a very successful launch, and I can't begrudge them that.

But they've ripped enough population away from the rest of the servers that it was a pretty mortal blow to everything but AB. By the time the schedule merge "at the end of Summer" comes around, it's going to be real easy, as there will be little left to merge.

[IMG]
    CoLD MeTaL and Wirewhisker like this.
  4. Alarra Well-Known Member

Good luck to you Atan. I know how painful it is to lose a business.

They have server mergers slated, so they have the intention to use a temporary fix for it.
    I think it has a lot to do with advertising, communication, and game direction.

The biggest thing I would say is that the game is old, you have to slog through a lot of content solo before you can be where everyone is. being alone through all of that feels like a grind to a new player (98-100 Levels, 300-350 AA before you can group in the upper sphere), older players generally have no interest in helping someone for the nth time through x content.

When they finally get to the point where they can group with people, their untrained abilities get attacked by veterans.
    They sometimes get the black spot for grouping where no one wants to group with them due to their newness to the game.
    Thus we lose a new player at one of those points.

As we have no new players staying for long due to this issue the current player base is being nibbled away by attrition(lose interest, leave due to drama, real life, etc).
    Siren likes this.
  5. Charlice Well-Known Member

No, you cannot leave. Wait until the merges are done. I'm thinking there'll be max 3 US servers, probably 2.
    Mizgamer62 and Siren like this.
  6. Kander Developer

We're already discussing server merges, our hope is for August. It's 100% on our minds.
  7. Josgar Active Member

Im gonna need to delete some of my Josgar and Josgarz characters or Im gonna have a lot of z's on my names.
  8. wazul Active Member

not forgot eu servers please
  9. Deago Well-Known Member

One of those ridiculous pseudo-intellectual moments (aka drunk, or various other methods of obtaining stupidity):

What if our universe is a server...
    What if we blink to find we have been merged. Would we even know? Assuming the other server (other universe) has population on Earth 2 (another planet) ....
    ......whoooa.
  10. Nauralea Active Member

I just wish the TL Servers had come after a merge had been done ;\ it's pretty bad how much population we were already down but now...I haven't had any interest in the TL servers so I tried to avoid speaking about them I know many really wanted them but I do feel they are have split the already tiny populations some servers have left.

Here's to all of us that keep fighting :)
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  11. Blade Parker Active Member

PLEASE let us keep our names this time. New characters after the merges couldn't use the same name but let the existing ones keep theirs. There really wouldn't be confusion and we could be required to have a last name show upon inspection by other players to avoid identity theft. There are only 9 servers so we would never have more than 10 with the same first name and they would not likely be all on at the same time anyway.

All that being said, most of my character names are so gimmptt up from previous renames that they should be safe now.
    SoniatheFierce likes this.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

Typically, subscription players get to keep their names in merges if they're competing with a silver/bronze. If both are sub players, then the character with the most /played time gets to keep the name and the other person gets a free name change. It's pretty fair, all in all.
  13. Breta Well-Known Member

Except that's not the system SoE/DBG used during previous merges. Character creation date > all
  14. Wulfhammer Active Member

Eh? There's only 1 isn't there??
  15. wazul Active Member

no 3.
    split, storm and deutch server.
  16. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Even AB is showing some wear and tear from the TLE release. Can tell in the LFG chat requests, general banter and overall "feel". I can't even imagine what really low populations are going through.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  17. Noguchi Member

hope they fixed Valor to Us basis, EverQuest 2 was never intended for because German speaking countries. People are barely understand English there have any problem, Wiki and Zam have all quests in English-speaking countries with points away. In addition, it would also bring more population group match is promoted more.

In addition, the game needed a better special reward, so that people are made more satisfied. Essential Loots or Mystic Loots should drop rates are raised.
  18. Caela Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be too worried... I made a toon on the TLE server and have played there the last two nights, but I'm ready to come back home. After the initial boat/isle experience, it's the same game, and I would rather go back to the characters I've developed and the friends I've been playing with. A new fresh economy is exciting, but in the end, I would prefer to be with my friends.

The new server smell will be gone soon enough, and a lot of people will go back to their home server.
    Ursa Minor, Daihlya and Cendres like this.
  19. Atan Well-Known Member

Kander,

I'm really glad to hear that, and I'll pass it on to my friends that are taking over for me.

Unfortunately for me, its just too late, all joy has been sucked out of the game for me personally for well over a year, and its just not in me to wait longer. I really quit a couple months ago, but just wanted to make one final request / post for my friends still playing before I formally handed over all my stuff.
  20. Dedith Well-Known Member

Keep in mind, they knew the populations would be hit by the TLE servers, so they planned the mergers AFTER so that they could see the overall effect and plan around that. If they did mergers beforehand and things didn't pan out the way they thought then they'd most likely have to do it again later.