Fishbone Earring

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Guiscard, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Guiscard Active Member

What happened to the Fishbone earring - does it not work anymore? Or did Daybreak decided it was more fun to break stuff you got so it won't work anymore and force you to get something else. I am very angry about this.

I miss all the map hints and it was wrong to take them away.

I got to hand it to Daybreak = they know how to make this game so boring and tedious that it is barely worth playing
  2. Strings Well-Known Member

Just tried mine (fishbone earring), it is indeed not functional. Not sure when that happened.

edit: Did you /bug it?
  3. Spindle Well-Known Member

Mine works as normal which is just fine ))
  4. Satyr Well-Known Member

If you need water breathing the ankh of mikosis drops off Alangria. Probably a million other ways to get it.
  5. Arandar Well-Known Member

No problems with it here.
  6. Guiscard Active Member

What level are you? I am level 100 and tried it also on a level97 and could not get it to work, I am wondering if Daybreak has made the earring stop working after a certain level - it sounds like something they would do to make the game more "un fun"
  7. kluxor Well-Known Member

Are you just equipping it or actually activating it once its equipped? Mine has worked with no issues
  8. Strings Well-Known Member

I tried using "use" and I tried both ears just to be sure. Nothing at all happened.
    Guiscard likes this.
  9. Adevil Well-Known Member

You don't have a "Water Breathing" buff? The earring has never appeared to actually DO anything for me, but the buff has always been there when I examine my toons.
  10. Valzen Well-Known Member

You have to equip it. Then "use". At that point you can unequip it, and be good to go. I'm level 100 and mine works fine. :)
    Guiscard and Seefar like this.
  11. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I just finished Hadding's Earring on my level 90 warlock. The ear works fine. My level 100 characters carry the earring, and at the start of a day's adventuring put it on, right-click it to select "Use", then swap the normal ear back in. The effect icon shows up as a ring of purple bubbles on a purple background, more or less.
  12. Seefar Well-Known Member

I've had my Fishbone Earring for years. Used it just the other day. As Valzen says, it has to be equipped before you can use it (but you can then unequip it without losing the effect). The buff looks identical to the scout's heroic buff 'Swindler's Gift' (which I used to find a bit annoying, but I've long since got used to that).
  13. Louly Well-Known Member

I checked and the chars that have it are able to use it
  14. Guiscard Active Member

The funny thing is today on my SK i had the little Water Breathing symbol but I had not even equipped the earring today.\
    Yesterday when I equipped it and USED ti, INo water breathing symbol appeared and if I went underwater I could see my Breath bar losing breath. There is definitely something wrong with the earring.
  15. Louly Well-Known Member

16. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Earring seems to be working properly. I buffed multiple characters with the earring (level 100s, level 58 and a level 42). All were buffed and ready to go. I took three to actually get under water and see if something wasn't working there, they all were water breathing with no issues.
  17. Strings Well-Known Member

Mea Culpa, you were right, I was wrong. The water buff was there, it just seemed like nothing happened.
    Sorry
    Seefar likes this.
  18. Seefar Well-Known Member

I'm a bit puzzled by what you're saying here.
    1. "Yesterday": You believe that you equipped and used the earring, but found that you could not breathe underwater.

2. "Today": Although you have not even equipped the earring today, you can see the Water Breathing symbol (but you don't state whether you can breathe underwater).

Note: The buff lasts for hours 'n' hours... I can't recall the exact number. So if you both equipped and used it yesterday, I'm pretty sure it would still be working today (unless you cancelled it -- which I often do when I no longer need to breathe underwater).

3. You believe that there's definitely something wrong with the earring.
    May I suggest you try equipping and using the earring again, then see if you can breathe underwater? If you would be so kind as to report back, I think that several folks who have offered you input here would be delighted to find, for instance, that the problem has now magically gone away. (Norrath can be like that, sometimes. Strange place!)
    Enoibia and Spindle like this.