First PvP kill in a year..still best pvp game ever.

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Driskell, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Driskell Active Member

I just came back to the game after a year and change off...I tried Elder Scrolls and its PvP is horra bad..I just got into my first open world PvP fight in Td ..after playing for 2 days and starting all over..The fight lasted like 30 sec and neither of us ran..This is still the best open world PvP game ever made...People just need to accept the fact they are not going to find another Open World PvP game like this and come back and play before its to late. I read all over the forums and on flames people can not find a good PvP game ... come back and give Eq2 a try again..
    Tippysaurus and Vlahkmaak like this.
  2. Vlahkmaak Active Member

ArcheAge pvp is pretty bad too but everyone can spec into the FOTM builds so it ends up being equally mindless across the zerg. I do like the looks/graphics of AA and the ability to spec on the fly across all classes - if the game had a greater emphasis on grouping and cooperative play such a mechanism (introduced into EQ2 hint, hint, hint) would greatly eliminate large/small formation (raid/group) recruiting issues. Only numbers would be needed with the toons being able to respect for the greatest group/raid good. However, AA is lacking in actual content development, specifically cooperative group play and large open dungeons. They took the ESO route and made the game boring but graphically appealing.
  3. Trasor Active Member

What's up Speedoh? I won't touch max level PvP as it is so incredibly out of balance and entirely wack, also they said that they would provide pvp changes over a month ago. No reason to come back at all. The developers couldn't care less...the only thing I might come back for is if the server is merged, until then no reason to do so.
  4. redindus Active Member

I am happy for you, I know it is not easy to find the right target without getting owned. The worst part about this game, they allow players to have multi characters at the same time or multi-boxing. In that case, pretty much you wont have a chance, few days ago saw three characters, two were following.

Just wish they keep it simply, one on one, unless there another party member involved.
  5. Exur Well-Known Member

Comments are all valid. I really think AA is/was solid... the environment and game play. I wasn't entirely sold on the theme, but it was a refreshing PvP focused MMO. The idea of promoting PvP by means of crafting and keeping the Open world relatively small was a great idea and it worked for the most part. In the end however, it's a pay to win game and didn't support the group structure you mentioned.... so I don't play it anymore.

And you are absolutely right... I can't find a game that lures me away from wanting it to be EQ2 combat for more then a month or two. Currently messing around in H1Z1, but the only reason that game is fun at all is running into strangers you don't know are friendly or hostile. Literally can't trust anyone and it's "fun". Take away the player interactions and the game is god awful and boring.

Reinstalled EQ2 via stream to just get a new/clean look. Stood in Moors for about an hour and that was about it for yesterday. Games suck these days... I feel sorry for gamers that are "growing" up with all these terrible "new" games.
    Pawder and Vlahkmaak like this.
  6. Trasor Active Member

Exur,

As someone who is "growing up" via gaming so to speak, the only reason I got into this game is because my dad bought it for me and then there was pvp. Most gamers that are young are on consoles because our friends are on consoles. MMOs are branded as for geeks and stuff and so you could never let your friends know that you played, let alone ask them to join you.

Unfortunately, it is a sad reality. Most people I know play sports games on the xbox and I play with them, it just does get boring to me not really having a progression, but hey what can you do. Besides, tons of people have mac computers, especially young people because their brand name is better and no one can even play eq2 on a mac anyway.

MMORPGs are dying and definitely aren't the game of choice anymore.
  7. Creasote Well-Known Member

There hasn't been a constructive response or post by a GM in the pvp forums since 2014 so for that and many other reasons Nagafen players left the game entirely or transferred to another server. I think many would have stayed if they addressed a few simple items.

Added the new marks of bloodshed to the Warfields.
    Added current adornment drops to the new Tunaria warzones.
    Some minor class and ability changes in pvp.

These are basic changes and only really restore the game to prior to AOM but they couldn't even spare the time address them. Instead we got a new BG zone that most don't even que for.
    Pawder likes this.
  8. Exur Well-Known Member

Hilarious! None of my real life friends know I play MMOs and I would never dare tell them. Heck, even my wife just thinks I "geek out" after the kids are asleep while she watches mindless reality tv shows. I would never suggest I play MMOs while at work or with other anonymous geeks.

Love it though
  9. Darksavanna Active Member

You should see the looks i get from my wife from the stuff i say in vent......
  10. Tippysaurus Active Member

Lack of fixing lag issues caused by PVP XP and Green adornment XP in PVP combat is huge as well. There were multiple x4 raids out there fairly recently until the lag spikes and server crashes got so out of contol that more than half the population split. Myself included.
    Pawder likes this.
  11. Driskell Active Member

I am locked at 20 still and I find some fights not in ant wf...I joined a clan "Invincible" that is doing old raid progression about 3 grps full of people ...currently at 60 and by end of week we going to 70 to raid..The entire clan has locked 20 lvls for pvp and we encourage exiles and freeps to come pvp in ant or cl.. So if anyone wants to raid and do 20 locked pvp join Q side and look us up..its better then not playing or playing some other crap flash in the pan game..
  12. Trasor Active Member

I am down, I will see if I can get some people together to fight you either freep/exile
  13. Creasote Well-Known Member

A few questions:

Since there is no toughness or lethality, what Gear should people wear?

How many AA at level 20? Is 20 the lowest lock level?
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

You know, the anti-gaming attitude kills me, especially when you get it from people who otherwise watch even tackier, more mindless and violent things like Survivor, or Game of Thrones! Hahaha. :)

I always tell people I game instead of watching TV because it requires a more active mind; you have to act, react and help to make the story happen instead of just sitting there like a blob on the sofa.
  15. Crumben New Member

Come on back guys we have alot of 20 pvp in Antonica and the Leveling zones.
  16. Crumben New Member

My lock has about 340 aa level 20 Not sure about others.
  17. Creasote Well-Known Member

340 aa? That's a chore and hardly a way to get new players to participate.
  18. Trasor Active Member

I don't like the 340 AA either, I think that many AA at that level is sort of ridiculous, yet I have a few tricks up my sleeve of getting there.

In any case, I am now LFG for a 6-man group willing to do organized level 20 pvp on either freep or exile to give them competition. Willing to roll whatever class fits in with the group!
    Deathpoke likes this.
  19. Fetish Well-Known Member

Yeah...PvP on a level 14 with 340 AA is kinda ridiculous. The current revamp of AA points, being automatically granted with leveling, lends a near perfect environment to the PvP server if it were to be considered "max" AA at a given level. Level locking would be fun. It isn't that it is hard to get 340 AAs at low level...I mean how hard is it to click a button on the Marketplace? It is just that players with 340 AA at T2 is not fun, nor conducive to fostering an environment that supports and attracts new players. Some classes can make a serious advantage out of 340 @ 20 compared to others...
  20. Trasor Active Member

Yes exactly, I just hope they can unlock the low level zones and put back the 1.5 AA's per level thing again. That would make lower level PvP way better then where high level PvP has been in the past year and a half lol
    Deathpoke and Pawder like this.