First impressions of the new EQ2 Players

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-0naoko0, Dec 17, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Trinral Guest

And here I was hoping this was a change that would be good.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

I'm still unable to update any preferences for my characters on eq2players.com.
    At least this service is free now or else I'd be asking for a refund.
  3. ARCHIVED-Zkinea Guest

I am repeating myself because everyday when I attempt to use the guild rosters in their current format, I feel cheated. The current roster format is useless.
    Features needed on a roster
    1. Being able to see the whole roster of the guild at one time
    2. Sortable Headings
    3. Players Name Link to their profile
    4. Guild Admin Ability to show roster grouped and sorted by a second heading
    5. Date member joined the guild should be one of the columns of information (helpful for leaders looking at some recruits). This should be in addition to the other columns including name, class, level, primary tradeskill, primary tradeskill level, secondary tradeskill, secondary tradeskill level, Last Logged in Date, Status.
    We shouldnt have to wait so long to get back an item that we had before that wasnt broken.
    There are many other poorly designed and broken things. I just dont understand how this all passed QA.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tallisman Guest

When I change permissions on my characters' profile and then click on "Save permissions", should it retain or ignore my settings? I've tried about 10 times now and none of my permissions are saved... known bug?
  5. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Zkinea@Najena wrote:
    This is the Holidays. I doubt any web developer has been called in emergency at the office during the last week because the website has some missing/broken features - just be patient.
  6. ARCHIVED-Siskiyou Guest

Tallisman wrote:
    It actually saves it - log off and see. But it is sure irritating that the settings are not reflected on the page.
  7. ARCHIVED-Aurelis Guest

Hey -- I just wanted to say, since I was trying to look up characters without a specific name, there is a work-around you can use in the meantime. For the name, input four non-alphanumeric characters. I use ^^^^, but ~~~~, !!!!, and even four spaces work. Some non-alphanumerics don't work, like ````, @@@@.
  8. ARCHIVED-Malachani Guest

WTB Guild roster that isn't completely worthless. 5 people per page, no reasonable sort order, what the hell is that number after the Class name (its not level, cuz that's before!), no ability to sort, its just a whole gigantic mess. How the heck did something that bad ever make it through QA? Did they really think people would be like "AWESOME! Guild roster randomly organized and only 5 people at a time. This will make my life so much easier finding something out about this guild!" sigh............
  9. ARCHIVED-Malachani Guest

Oh yeah, and my new favorite...
    Character Search -> Type in Name -> Radio button for "Exact Match" -> Click Search
    Get all names starting with whatever is typed in....
    I swear I said exact match....
  10. ARCHIVED-tylermadeit Guest

Love the new EQ2 players. The design looks great for one, slap your web designer on the butt.
    The new features are cool ie. level history, AAs.
    I havent experienced any problems.
    Someone mentioned using IE... thats most likely the problem. Get with the 21st century and rid IE for firefox or chrome...web designers, developers around the world will love you for it.
  11. ARCHIVED-Siskiyou Guest

Read the thread.. all that been there, etc etc. Most of the folks don't use IE, I think the most common is Firefox (I cross check on IE periodically) Initial functionality is there and they have changed a bunch that was wrong to begin with - massively. Look closer, you will notice some things (unless you never used those features before)

The site is looking better. The things I looked at was the guild roster. It is now like 20 names per page - no way of sorting though.
    Alts list. Still has no way to sort and the guilds are missing - used to say "not in a guild" or the name of the guild.
    But they are listening, slower than watching ice melt, but changes are showing.
  12. ARCHIVED-Elrohan Guest

One thing that is missing that I always used and relied on was the feature that gave us the info on what was fixed during updates. Yes, there is an update page but that only seems to be for major ones. The latest info on it is still the December 9th "Will of the Tyrant" update. I'm talking about the daily fixes and maintenance that was always shown. Even the "Update Notes" on the log-in page hasn't been updated. Again, the last entry there was December 15th and there have been several updates since then with not one word of what was done. I realize that this is rather a small item but for me, and I know I'm speaking for a bunch of others as I've heard the same thing from them, this is a pretty important piece of information that I always relied on. Everyone else seemed to have covered the major ones which I can't find fault with hardly any of the criticism I've read so far but PLEASE give us back the "TIMELY" update info!!!
  13. ARCHIVED-swbles Guest

Noticed that the Guild Rosters are now much larger per page . Is there any way to make it so you can sort it by name, class, rank, ect?
  14. ARCHIVED-0naoko0 Guest

Lizzoraus@Blackburrow wrote:
    I really hope this is in the works - as it isn't mentioned on the current "things to do" list.
    Also, in the guild chat - is there any way that when someone links an item, we can click the link and it will pop up the item on EQ2 players or something?
    It's annoying not being able to look at linked items in guild chat, especially when they're already available to view on the website. Couldn't this be crossed over?

(Oh by the way, I'm 0naoko0.)
  15. ARCHIVED-PsiaMeese Guest

I was just glancing over the Server Status page. Not all the servers are actually listed.
  16. ARCHIVED-Vicotnik82 Guest

You have to change language in your launcher to see the US, German and so on.
  17. ARCHIVED-Siskiyou Guest

Two things that are still glaringly missing on the places I visit: the ability to sort columns (any columns - guild, ones in the player window, ones in search results - this basic stuff you know) and the absence of guild names in the "alts" list (they are there in the search results - again, that should be using the same code - all alts are is a search with more specific critera)
    It is looking really good otherwise - glad to see the slider bars for alts.
  18. ARCHIVED-Dechau Guest

Worst thing is that it takes forever to load up..
    And that the AA's is not showing correct still :(
    Alaso, it would be very nice if we had a chance to play with AA's somewhere, and I think eq2players should be the site to do so..
    Somewhere we can put in and take out points as we wich, to set up the "perfect" build for our characters :)
  19. ARCHIVED-Siskiyou Guest

WHERE IS THE SORT FUNCTION ON LISTS!!! It's been a month? I haven't noticed any real improvements lately - I suppose it is because of all the business going on about the expansion. New folks are going to get to the web site and notice at least the sorting right away, and probably also ways to explore the lists like best in server for different things and most health, etc etc.
    As for some way of testing out AA, WoW used to have such a thing with armor combinations - seems like if WoW could do it, then we could.
  20. ARCHIVED-0naoko0 Guest

Updated. (See original post).