First adventure pack announced ?

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Draigo, Jan 10, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-KaerMickey Guest

2. ARCHIVED-Despak Guest

Original post by Smed follows:

Adventure Packs
    Adventure Packs are a new style of content that we are introducing to EverQuest II. You can think of them as being similar to "Modules" from traditional tabletop RPGs. They will be heavily story driven and themed adventuring areas. We will provide a part of each of these Adventure Packs, at no extra charge, to all of our players. This should give everyone the opportunity to see if a particular Adventure Pack is the kind of thing they are interested in. You'll be able to buy these at any time, since they will be delivered digitally. We plan on keeping the price point for these low... In fact, our first one will be just US$4.99.
    To give you an example of what we're talking about here... Imagine a 5 level dungeon. The first level is a place that all players will be able to access and explore. In order to adventure to the lower levels of the dungeon, you'll need to purchase the Adventure Pack. This gives you the chance to see if this particular Adventure Pack is something you're interested in.
    We plan on keeping the Adventure packs coming on a very regular basis... Somewhere between 2 and 4 per year depending on what exactly we're doing.
    We also will be giving Station Access members these Adventure Packs as part of their Station Access subscription, provided they have been members for at least 2 months (more specifics about this will be out shortly).
    So nowhere in there does it say what future prices will be, so Pain Divide stop trying to scaremonger!
    Pain Divide wrote:
    For the Love of God, read the post!!! The FIRST one will be $5. The later ones will be more. My guess is, if there are enough poeple like you silly enough to pay for it, it will be a LOT more. An expansion is usually 20-30 zones for $50. This will be 1 zone for $5, prolly $15. You don't see the disparity in that? And don't think for a second you wont be required to buy it. You will. There will be things in each zone that make them a required purchase. Count on it.
    Read it yourself. It doesn't state future prices, except they will be low!
    No where does it say (neither does Moorgard state) that abilities will not be the crafted type that can be sold on the broker (neither does it state if they are not though).
    Almost every post here, both for and against, is based on pure speculation. Most of the posts are the pathetic "I'm leaving if you do this" type. So leave already, they are going to do it. The other types are just people speculating, scaremongering and spreading rumours based on absolutely nothing.
    There is a very good saying and it fits perfectly with the Forum community (if they followed it that is):
    "Assumption is the Mother of a F**K UP's"
    Read it and live by it!
    What is needed is a good post by Smed or Moorgard, going into detail about the new packs, explaining what impact these will have on the game as a whole and what impact could be felt by those not buying the packs.
    Things like:
    1. Will the abilities be craftable and usable by all or only the pack users. if just the pack users; will they be fluff or class defining?
    2. Are these dungeons instanced? If so, will they be open to all levels or level restricted content? If all levels are they instanced to level, like LDoN was?
    3. The items that are gained from them; Are the Lore, No Trade? Saleable on the broker and useable to all, or just the owners of the full packs?
    4. Are these "dungeons" along the classis roleplay style - Big, long and a few weeks of working through?
    5. Will they require "full" groups or can a solo adventurer or even a duo/trio use them?
    Currently all we have are baseless rumours, let's at least try and act like adults and ask questions. Jumping to wild and probably inaccurate raving conclusions does nothing to help us (the community) except possible alienate us from the Devs.
    Just my 2 cp.
    Message Edited by Despak on 01-14-2005 10:54 AM
  3. ARCHIVED-Juaks1 Guest

Stop the whining about the 2 starting cities for god sake! Its getting old already. You better get use to it.
    The 2 starting cities have they own Lore.. Its 500 years after the EQ times. You have to undestand that the lore has CHANGED.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ranot Guest

You people never cease to amaze me. EQ2 costs 14.99 a month to play, that's less then the cost of a movie ticket and a popcorn, or a few beers for a months entertainment. Now they want to toss in adventure packs for 5$ and you complain about it? 5$ is less then a meal at mcdonalds and the adventure packs promise to give additional entertainment value. Not only that but if your an all access subscriber the adventure packs are free, so that's 21.99 for EQ, EQ2, and SWG + adventure packs... how can you possibly ever run out of things to do? So people who pay the 5$ will get an advantage of new skills / items, why shouldn't they? The person who dosn't wish to purchase it is happy with the old, like rewatching old movies on t.v. or a dvd you bought last year, while the people who pay the 5$ are getting the new. They arn't forcing you to do or buy anything and personally I can't wait for the first adventure pack so I can read and learn even more lore about what has occur'd to my beloved Norrath.
  5. ARCHIVED-Paradisio15 Guest

Almost every D&D book I have ever seen contained new spells and abilities.