Fire Wizard Valagas Bugged?

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-kochanski, Nov 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-kochanski Guest

So my weekly group is finally finishing the Skyshrine access quests (yes I know we suck). We hit a brick wall with Fire Wizard Valagas in Dracur Prime. The fight was going much like the solo version with him casting his ring of fire and everyone moving to avoid it, then he would wipe all or most of the group with a 65K nuke without warning. Some of the group were getting a message saying they has been hit by "Cataclysm of ..." for 65K (I didn't get the exact name) but for me I was getting no warning of this effect whatsoever. No text, no sound, no graphic, no emote, nothing. My combat window didn't even show that I had been hit or died (though I did get the red text for rez sickness when reviving). I can't imagine this is working as intended. So is it just me or is anyone else getting killed without warning as if the mob was in posession of an "I win" button?
  2. ARCHIVED-tomsky Guest

The mob is casting one of his spells along the lines named as "Cataclysm" or something similar.
    Several names within Skyshrine have it, and generally best tactic is to just joust it or AE block it.
    The main issue with it, is that if it starts casting something else that is interruptable at the same time, and that gets interrupted, you lose the cast bar for both.
    Worst comes to worst, range the fight and it'll die.
  3. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

my advice for this fight is to have grp members at max range with the healer at max healnig range with the tank spammnig h for hail when he starts casting his big nuke so the tank can get ether wards up to survive it or an AOE blocker cast on him.
    If that doesnt work i'd suggest getting a second tank that can step in if the MT dies from the nuke.
  4. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Valagas, as said above, has 2 nasty attacks. One is Cataclysm, if you stt this Long cast coming get a good 20m - 30m away from him. The second is the Ring of Death cannot be ignored and you need to move away from it.
    You might find it easier to move that mob several times throuhg out the fight as his nasty abilities will root him and if you miss the cast bars or are jousting too slowly you'll die. So, just move him every 5 seconds or so and the times where he doesn't follow you is becasue he is winding up a big nasty attack and you should have been moving anyway.
    Up and down the hallway @ ranged until you get the timing and recognize the abilities on his casting bar.