Fire Within Rune...

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tanto, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

The 1st stage is a flurry proc that's supposed to last for 6.9s. It looks like it's currently dispelling after 1 swing. So it procs, I see my flurry rise above 10k, and I have an audible alarm for this which does work. Then almost instantly my flurry returns to normal. Looking at my parse, I do one flurry, then it's gone.
    That's if I see it proc at all. I can go a long time not seeing (or hearing via my UI) any proc at all. Now there's two possibilities there.. Either a) it's not proccing as often as it says it should, or b) it's proccing and dispelling itself instantly, so my UI perhaps doesn't see the stat increase so it doesn't fire the audible.

Looking at my parse, from running around destroying heroics in the shik'nar caves, including the nameds... it's not proccing.

Anyway, clearly not working correctly.
    Priority and Carynn like this.
  2. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

15% proc rate is simply incorrect. It's not 15% at all. More like 1%, or less.
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Been giving it a thorough testing this evening. Definitely only lasts one swing when it procs. Definitely broken.
  4. Revanu Well-Known Member

A viable solution to this rune set would be adding +10adc & flurry to hard stat on the rune itself and changing the proc bonus to 1 pc bonus + +100 cboc for 10 sec once every 30 and 2 set being +15 fervor/fervor oc for 10 sec every 30 sec. with as much grinding as it’s going to take to obtain celestial bp which has the adc proc affixed to it being 2nd rune, to have a once every 3-5 min proc chain, it’s very lackluster. When I obtained other day I did 4 seperate 10 min tests on multiple dummies in guild halls and one test it proccd once but the proc bugged and flurry lasted entirety of test then every other test is didn’t proc at all. Needs a looking into. As is it is very, ummmm, disappointing for what’s involved in finishing the entire set.
    Snikkety and Breanna like this.
  5. Melt Actually plays the game

Seriously, the only possible use I can see for this rune (no reason not to run it, but not a huge reason to either) is on a swash, hitting a 10k abdc dagger storm every 5 minutes, if that.
  6. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

I'm hoping it's a precursor to something better. In its current form, well, most people have adc well over 100, with rage rune, so will doublecast almost 100% of the time. And flurry, well, 6.9 seconds (when it's working) every 1-5 minutes is hardly going to make much of a difference, and for those people who rely on flurry for their dps, this will be of even less use to them. Fair enough it's a whole new rune slot, so it's something as opposed to nothing, but still, it's meh.

Just to clarify, in case a red name reads this, the flurry effect currently dispels after the first swing instead of lasting the 6.9 seconds it says on the tooltip.
    Snikkety likes this.
  7. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Thought I'd bump this. Hopefully many more people have the rune now and have noticed the problem.

The buff icon does stay in your buff window for the duration, but the adjustment to your flurry stat lasts for only 1 swing, then your flurry goes back to normal. If others with the rune could have a close look at it too, and look not at the icon, but at the flurry stat when it procs, that'd be cool.
    Best way to do this is with the stat monitor in darqui.

I can't help wondering if the problem is because of the way the level 2 effect on the rune will dispel after one ability is cast.