Finish out winter this March with Two Loot Tournaments in Legends of Norrath!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Dexella, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Dexella Associate Producer

Cabin fever? We have two terrific offerings with new loot, twice this March!

For just ten (10) event passes, each participant will receive a Random Rare Foil from Debt of the Ratonga, the March Tournament Loot Card which grants the player either Metamorph Totem : Turepta (EQ) or Shroud of the Roekillik (EQII) loot item (depending on each player's system settings), three (3) Debt of the Ratonga booster packs and entry into one of the March Loot Tournament Weekends to compete for additional prizes!

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

Tournament queues begin filling for the first event at 10:00AM PT on Friday, March 8th and continue through Monday, March 11th at 10:00AM PT, and then at 10:00AM PT on Friday, March 22nd and continue through Monday, March 25th at 10:00AM PT*.

Please note that participation is limited to U.S. residents only. Void in Arizona, Connecticut, Iowa, Maryland, Nevada, Tennessee and Vermont.

*Convert to your local time.
  2. Dexella Associate Producer

Reminder for Gold Members: Log in to Legends of Norrath this month (any time between now and March 31!) to get your five monthly choose-a-pack cards. Also, remember that Debt of the Ratonga is now included in the available sets to choose from!
  3. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

On a couple of my silver accounts I got a total of 10 event passes from the Frostfell gift packs. These are accounts I would likely not be doing actual LoN play with, as I have so few playing cards compared to my main accounts, but could use the Roekilillik illusion for. How do I use the 10 event passes I already have, no-trade ones of course, to get these items?
  4. Dexella Associate Producer

Thanks for your question, redwoodtreesprite! One reason we make the passes no-trade is so that we're able to give them out freely as gifts during special events like Frostfell. If they were tradable, they may be open to misuse/abuse.

That being said, if you enter tournaments, much of the loot/prizing you receive even just for entering is NOT No-Trade. So, you could enter a tourney on one of your alts, get some loot, and then trade it to your main.

Let me know if you have other questions!
  5. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

I am fine with the no-trade part, I am just unfamiliar with how to use the passes so I can get those nifty items. :)
    I don't have to buy passes to get them do I? There is a way to use the 10 no-trade passes I have, on the account I got them on, to get the loot card, booster packs and foil?
  6. Dexella Associate Producer

As long as you're a US Citizen not in one of the states listed above (Arizona, Connecticut, Iowa, Maryland, Nevada, Tennessee and Vermont), you can enter the tournament on the account that has those passes. When you get the loot, if it's not marked as No-Trade, you can trade it to another character/account.

I hope that helps! :)
  7. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Ai! You are trying hard to help I realize. It is not the entering of the tournament I want to do on the accounts that have the 10 passes. It is the getting of the ratonga illusion and such. I have several accounts with over 2000 cards that I might do a tournament with later. But two of my accounts have around 200 cards at best, most from the starter pack. But got ten passes from the Frostfell packs. And I would love to use the passes in a way where I could get the illusion and such.
  8. Dexella Associate Producer

The ten passes get you tournament entry and the foil, the loot card, and the booster packs. Those aren't prizes for winning; just for entering and spending your passes. So if you wanted those items, you should enter the tournament on the accounts that have the passes (even if you feel your decks aren't strong). You might not win additional loot, but you'd still get the items listed above.

There is no way to move the event passes to a different account, though. If you don't use the ones from Frostfell on those specific accounts, then they just go unused.

Also, this may be helpful, from the LON FAQ:

What are the guidelines for trading unneeded loot cards, cards and packs?
    • You can trade any individual Legends of Norrath card or pack in the LON client.
    • You can trade any UNREDEEMED Loot card in the LON client.
    • You CANNOT trade any redeemed or /claimed loot item.
    (So, if you want the loot on another character, don't redeem the loot card! Trade it!)

I hope I answered your question correctly this time! :)
  9. thepriz New Member

What is wrong with those states?
  10. Dexella Associate Producer

It has to do with local legal restrictions in each of those states; we're not allowed to offer tournaments there.
  11. Cyliena Well-Known Member

During the tournament hours:
    1. Login to LoN (attending the tourney close to right when it begins is usually better, not many people are on there any more but usually there will be a rush when a new loot tourney begins)
    2. Click the Shield & Sword icon on the left-hand menu, choose Tournaments.
    3. Look for the tournament in the "Tournament Queues" part. Make sure it mentions that it's a Loot Tournament. Usually it appears at the bottom of the list.
    4. Wait in the queue until it starts. Leaving and re-entering the queue will not make it faster.
    5. When it starts you will be put in a game automatically with another player. Start playing (you don't really need to know what you're doing, but be polite and try). DO NOT LEAVE THE GAME OR TOURNAMENT!
    6. Within 1-3 minutes you should get a pop-up window with your loot tournament pack in it (which will have unlocked boosters and the loot card).
    7. At this point you _can_ leave the tournament. However, it never hurts to try and keep playing. I've managed to win extra booster packs before just for placing a bit higher than last during the tournaments. :)

The packs and illusion will be tradeable inside of LoN.
  12. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Thanks so much! To Cyliena and Dexella. :)
    Dexella and Cyliena like this.