~~Finding trade skill recipes~~

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Sagedust, Mar 6, 2018.

1. Sagedust Member

Lately, due to having so many recipes from multiple trade skills, it's hard to locate a specific one. One of my toons, for instance, has Carpenter, Tinker, Adorning / Transmuting, Sage and the basics all thrown into each other in ONE alphabetical list. Yes, there's a search bar at the top, but it would be nice to have a better way to organize them all. Maybe have a tab or the +/- system like what you have in the UI menu. It's getting to be a pain to look up stuff. I hate scrolling the recipes and looking like a zombie while staring at all the others. Please come up with a better way to find trade skill recipes.....:):):)
  2. Hash Member

Did you try using the filters?
  3. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

We could use a filter filter too tbh. Like a type bar in the recipe name field. We have way too many recipes and finding a recipe book is becoming hard.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

5. Sagedust Member

@Hash Sometimes the filters work and at other times they don't. That's another problem I'm having.
  6. Cragfire Well-Known Member

I have no problems finding them on the broker; it's that they are (most) locked behind walls; Weekly quests, collections, raids, ect..
    • Nails Book - Collection. Some people like myself have never found the final nail, while others have found a dozen but can't share.
    • Planar Reconstruction Infusers - Weekly, Rare, No Trade
    • Crafting Books, Advanced 101~110 - Drops (expected)
    • Crafting Books, Grandmaster I~X - Weekly
    • Crafting Books, Ancient I~X - Never seen one, in Heroic/Raid+?? Go for minimal 3+ to 20+ million each on broker. Also needs the Master version, which is also dropped in Heroics and Raids only?
    We are given far seas coins in current crafting content, but what to use them for? If there were a vendor that took my Raid, Ro, or Seas tokens and I could buy missing books or shinies.. They do not have to be cheap, reasonably priced is fine and expected.

Never liked the idea of crafters gaining their recipes by raw chance (RNG)...
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The item Rosyposy is linking to is an updated recipe filter I created a while back because I, too, was disgusted trying to find stuff in recipes.

If you try to create your own filters through the UI, they end up in a mish-mash and you can't control the order. So, I located the file that contains the filters (eq2_recipe_filter.vdl), and manually arranged them to follow some useful rationale.

It's really easy to use, it's not like installing a whole new UI. To install, first rename your existing file to eq2_recipe_filter_backup.vdl - this is a good practice any time you make changes. Then simply unzip the downloaded file into your EQ2 directory, probably somewhere such as C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest II

The filters include, in order:
    • Apprentice Equipment (for your tradeskill apprentices)
    • Adornment & Tinkering Writs (from Londiar Inygad at your tradeskill headquarters)
    • Shipwrecked (all the items you learn to craft doing the Shipwrecked! Timeline)
    • Far Seas Mission Recipes (the weekly and group missions from Mara and Isle of Refuge)
    • Planes of Prophecy
    • Adornments
    • Orange Runes
    • Purple Runes
    • War Runes
    • Green Adorns
    • Infusers
    • Mercenary Gear (100)
    • Holiday: Brewday
    • Holiday: Bristlebane's Perfectly Serious
    • Holiday: Erollisi Gifts
    • Holiday: Frostfell
    • Holiday: Nights of the Dead
    • Holiday: Tinkerfest
    • Tinkering
    • T1 Recipes
    • T2 Recipes
    • T3 Recipes
    • T4 Recipes
    • T5 Recipes
    • T6 Recipes
    • T7 Recipes
    • T8 Recipes
    • T9 Recipes
    • T10 Recipes
    • T11 Recipes
    • T12 Recipes
    • T1 Rare
    • T2 Rare
    • T3 Rare
    • T4 Rare
    • T5 Rare
    • T5 Deathfist Armor
    • T6 Rare
    • T7 Rare
    • T8 Rare
    • T8 RoK
    • T8 Void
    • T9 Rare
    • T10 Rare
    • T11 Rare
    • T12 Rare
    • Fighter Grandmasters to 100
    • Mage Grandmasters to 100
    • Priest Grandmasters to 100
    • Scout Grandmasters to 100
    • Planar Grandmasters
    • Ancient Spells (110)
    • Elementalist Ascension Spells
    • Etherealist Ascension Spells
    • Geomancer Ascension Spells
    • Thaumaturgist Ascension Spells
    • Assorted Furniture (faction-based artisan-crafted items, for the most part)
    • Agnostic Mastercrafting (10-90)
    • Magmatic Armor (55)
    • TSO (79-79)
    • TSO Daily (crafting faction quests)
    • Emerald Halls Recipes (70)
    • Sentinel's Fate (80-90)
    • DoV (85-95)
    • Drunder (89-90)
    • Draconic Knowledge (90-92)
    • Cobalt Scar (95)
    • ToV (95)
    • Ancient Knowledge (95)
    • Spectral Mastery (95)
    • Crowning Achievements (100)
    • Thalumbra (100) (everything needed for Thalumbra tradeskill quests)
    • Kunark Ascending (100) (recipes for Twark tradeskill quests)
    • Sections for each class
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Cragfire like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I tried this and nothing happens. I followed your instructions to the letter Sigdrifa.

Personally I tend to believe that it is because I am the only person from Ireland on the planet that has the stats Luck = 0 and RNG YES = 0. I have this little black cloud, similar to the storm cloud mount that follows me around above my head.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) You're sure you found your EQ2 install folder?
    (2) You restarted the game since you installed it?
    (3) Is the Launcher overwriting it?
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I did find the EQ2 install folder, I renamed the existing file to backup just as you stated, then I unzipped this file into the EQ2 directory just as you said to do. Then I checked the EQ2 directory to make sure that the files from the zipped download were present. I then opened the launcher, ran it all the way to the character select screen and then logged in Cyrrena as she has nearly 10,000 recipes. Nothing was any different. I then logged out, looked into the EQ2 directory where the files from the zip were and they were no longer there, it appears that the launcher simply readded the same files that are in the renamed file and discarded the new unzipped ones.

I then tried rebooting my entire computer and relaunching, still nothing was any different except I have the renamed file as well.
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I don't have the latest version installed, because I have tweaked mine and added stuff.
    My recipe filter resides quite happily in C:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest II and has never been overwritten by the game - I've used it for several years now. You are looking for eq2_recipe_filter.vdl ? And you hit 'n' to open the crafting window, and then used the drop-down menu and still couldn't see the categories 'Drifa listed?
    Heading to the store in a few, but will test this when I return.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Eradani Well-Known Member

your recipes will be unaltered, however they'll be easier to find if you click on the Unfiltered menu. there should be a long list of categories of recipes to choose from.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  13. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Update: I installed the latest version of the recipe filter; it works fine for me.
    Cyrrena and Xianthia like this.