Finding some one to help

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sclerotia, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Sclerotia Member

A friend and my self started a new quest. Nether of us have done heritage quests before so we chose one that was a few levels below me and a couple above her. I then mentor down to her. We started the quest and got through the first two steps. We are now working on our trade skill level to get it up so we can do the trade skill section of the quest.

Last night I was looking ahead in the list of things we have to do on this heritage quest and realized the last two steps. One was to kill an 74x4 Epic and the last step is to kill a 74x4 epic that is located in a raid zone.

Now, our guild is small and does not raid. How would one go about finding a group to help us get to and finish the quest when get get to that point?
  2. Elostirion Well-Known Member

At this point in the game's development, I would check Zam, Wiki, etc to see if the quest will update from a grey con mob. If so, then your friend and yourself should be able to duo a 74 raid zone with yourselves and maybe mercs, if you are 95 characters.

If it doesnt, then politely spam the chat channels. Advertise what the reward of the quest is. Catch other people up to your step and do the last step together. Might take a few weeks to set up. Some of the older quests were designed to rather heavily encourage progressively larger amounts of cooperation, so those who didnt raid would only get so far and settle for a lesser reward. Thankfully the genre seems to have moved away from that model
  3. Seefar Well-Known Member

Don't be too worried by the 74x4 (implying four groups needed) epic label. Most older 'raid' encounters have been nerfed (or changes to the game system have effectively made them weaker) such that you should be fine with a single group, especially if you can find help from higher-level players willing to mentor/ chronomentor (as such characters are very overpowered).
  4. Payton Active Member

You can solo (with a merc) Lv. 80 epic x4 mobs once you're over Lv92 with level adequate gear.
    You can mentor down to 90 (must not be more than 10 levels above target!).
    Some epic encounters require a few people still, because they have some complex scripts or need 2 tanks etc... but generally you should be alright with 1 full group for 95%.

You also should ask in the chat 1-9 channel for people to join and or help you. Because some players haven't seen much of the old content fully and would appreciate the chance to join.
  5. Loch Well-Known Member

From the description of the heritage quest, I'm guessing you are doing A Thorn of Old for the Wurmslayer. Both of the epic encounters are located in Kingdom of Sky zones, so they should be MUCH easier than what you are expecting. Being new to the game (only playing for a year), my wife and I were able to take down both of them as a duo around level 83 a few months ago. (We were just cleaning our journal out and noticed we still had the quest. We may have been able to do it sooner than that.)

Our gear at that point was also pretty pitiful by most standards...I would say mostly legendary and a little fabled. Gear has changed so much since this quest was created, that it pretty much trivializes the old content. Take a few guildies with you and wipe the floor with them. I'd say two or three would do it easily.

Be sure to clean out that last dragon's zone before you engage him though...he will call everything to him to assist. Learned that the hard way. Other than that, we blew through them so quickly that I really couldn't see any sort of complicated strategy to them that would require more than a few people.