Finding it hard

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Noobless, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Noobless Member

i am finding it hard to enjoy the game,

if its not one thing its another, i couldnt give a crap if they have spelt an items name wrong i would rather be able to loot an item and use it like armour patterns instead just have them zapped out of bags and nothing in place, then there is the stupid amount of single potion rewards u get and the insane amount of infusers or essence of chaos that was used in creating something from last xpac that no longer has a use but hey done a weekly have this, then theres the huge pay to win aspect and now its becoming evidently clear if u want to be a top raider in a top raid force you will need to plow all your plat into pay to win crates to get the super mount the millions of barding slots u need the millions of "special infusers" and so on what happened to everquest when it was for the masses not for the few wallet warriors that will keep daybreak happy and not caring its a shame what has become of this game over the last few years

would also like to point out the the majority of crafters got shafted this xpac to since when has mc gear been worse than solo overland gear..
    Rhodris, Argosunited and Pixistik like this.
  2. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

They do care much more than you realize..Holly said so.
    chattie, Argosunited and Breanna like this.
  3. Noobless Member

funny way of showing it contact support and all you get is scripted messages and 0 support
  4. Rebelde Active Member

Cause they are not giving support to new content, so make a petition about Luclin is a waste of time
  5. Noobless Member

then whats the point in the support feature if they cant give support on current content be like working for like bmw and only being able to speak about models from the 80's no?
    Rhodris likes this.
  6. Rebelde Active Member

IDK, but I deleted a quest by mistake and support (a GM kind and polite, as always, no complain about him) sent me to check wiki or ask other players because they can't do anything about this expansion content.
    I miss the old times, when a GM came and turned you back your soul, or reset a bugged raid mob, or turn you back a destroyed item... /sigh
    Argosunited likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since I am a retired technical writer, typos and grammar issues catch my eye and I report them using /typo. Fixing a typo is a minimal time investment that anyone can basically do, it doesn't take but a second.

Don't take that to mean that they're focusing on typos instead of working on big issues, but in a team development environment, Developer A may have to wait for Developer B to finish Dev B's module before Dev A can complete the module he was assigned, because chunks of code often have interdependencies. Working on small bug fixes in these gaps is better than sitting there with your thumb in your... ear.

Plus which, your QA staff, tech writers, and interns can fix typos, depending on how the dev team is set up. For all we know, typo fixes aren't affecting devs actively coding at all.
    Finnwizz and Breanna like this.
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

At the same time it requires Dev C to sign off on it, but he's out to lunch grabbing an ice cold beer to wash down the tatertots
  9. Noobless Member

A brilliant thing would be going back to testing patches before there put out so craps not making it to live servers broken
    Rhodris likes this.
  10. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Do you ever play on test?
  11. Noobless Member

From time to time yes
  12. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Then you already understand its almost impossible for everything to be tested before release with the population of test.
    Breanna likes this.
  13. Almee Well-Known Member

I stopped playing on Test when DB made it clear that their company no longer supported players on Test. I found a major bug, which I needed to have fixed, so I could progress testing new content. It was something a dev could do, though I don't remember what it was as years have passed. I just know that the same thing had happened during Sony's reign and a dev had quickly fixed the problem.

So, without support, there was little sense in continuing on Test. I got the distinct impression that DB could care less about the players on Test.

That doesn't mean that this situation still exists. There have been a lot of changes to DB since it took over the game so hopefully players on Test are being treated better today..