Finally finished this quest. Now I'm curious about the time others take.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Hartsmith, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

Finally finished the Legend of Roger Goldie series today. When I looked at the date of when I first started it, I got a chuckle; 2/11/2012. Guess nobody should try following me on quests if they need to complete it fast, LOL.

Made me wonder, though. How many other players have had quests going undone like this for years versus getting an entire zone worth of quests completed before the weekend is over?
  2. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I've got several characters that have quests I've picked up years ago and never completed. I have one toon however, that while I do have quests from many years ago, I've been going through and actually "Everquesting" with her, using wiki as a guide to find and fill in zone quests that I've not done. My goal with her is to work through all the stuff I can get to that's in the game. I've bought several betrayal tokens and can change my alignments back and forth for various lines too. :) I'm not doing them in any sort of rush though. Just taking my time with em.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I have a handful of old quests (mostly Signature or Heritage quests) in most of my alts' Journals. In general, when we get to this point in the release cycle, I run whatever I need to for ethereal coins on Thursday and Friday, then I run old content for shinies, and depending on how I'm feeling about stuff in general, I sometimes break out one of the old quests and work on it. I've always been reluctant to just delete old quests (well, I'll get rid of repeatable quests so long as I did it once).
  4. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I've been looking up some of the repeatables on wiki, and some of them quit after five or 10 times, so i'll do those until i can't anymore. the truly unlimited ones, i'll do em once or twice if i'm still running through an area, but as long as i've done em once, i'm content to not keep at em.
    Breanna and Hartsmith like this.
  5. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I left this game back in 2011 during Destiny of Velious, and returned in 2019. It was only last week that I finally managed to *NOT* break the script of the second named in the Fortress of Rime raid zone and actually progress to finish the zone, and finish a quest from an NPC on the hill outside the zone in that was sitting there since 2011.

I fear I may end up never completing the raid questline to progress through the Blood of Luclin expansion though. Our guild couldn't get past a boss in Ssraeshza during that expansion because the mechanics were broken after people were cheesing it by not fighting the way it was intended (which resulted in people fighting it the way it was intended to fail). It has so many mechanics that I doubt I'll be able to return some day at a level cap of 200 and just one-shot everything.
    Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There may be people on Maj'Dul who would be willing to tag along for the zone. I doubt it would need a whole raid, but maybe a group could manage?
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I seam to have a problem with getting stuck at the last step for several signature quests .
    For example the peacock quest ,
    The shadow odyssey and such .
    Others loose interest helping when other stuff comes out that gives better rewards .
    To me it's about finishing the job , so I hold on to those quests .
    Hartsmith and Breanna like this.
  8. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

What level are you? Higher than level 100 and you're so overpowered you can one shot any boss below level 95. I was able to complete Shadow Odyssey solo when I returned in 2019. There aren't any mechanics in the Peacock questline that would prevent you from soloing it.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I had that problem on any TLE servers , so I am not that high a level yet .
    I tried to finish my peacock quest on my now level 95 , but in order to get to the top of that spring you have to kill some nasty nameds , and bunches , I guess If I could get a hand full of people to help it might work .
    When you come from a TLE server your raid gear is not even a match to regular handcrafted gear on live ,
    I might be exaggerating , but not much .
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Used to be farming the eyes was tedious but I think they made that part easier.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

One day I might finish this...

[IMG]
    Hartsmith likes this.
  12. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Dive off the waterfall and you'll find him right there at the bottom pond.
  13. Hartsmith Well-Known Member

"It seems his knight is quite the loafer..."
    Now that is a funny place to stall out on a quest, LOL.
    Mercychalice likes this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

That's another one I am stuck on for some of my girls , but I finally finished it this time on the accounts I play on in Kaladim.
    I want to finish all heritage quests so it does not matter to me on what TLE I do that on .

You need a t4 raid to finish that quest so yea after all the cool people in the guilds did it , your left behind .
  15. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

How long does it take to completely quest through classic with all of the drop-only quest starters? I've found classic requires A LOT of zone farming. Sword of Thunder, I'm looking at you.
  16. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

lol i'm still doing it. i've been using the fandom wiki pages, pulling up zones, and creating checklists of all the quests associated with that zone, and so far, the longest i've spent was a small chest drop in antonica- over 4 months on that one. I'm still in the newbie zones, even several months later! i've been chronomaging between 5 and 25 right now, just to bounce around those levels so as not to let myself become too bored with one place if i become stuck on a difficult drop. i also have a ftp account that if an item is a small chest drop for example off one particular mob, i'll park the ftp toon there to kill those while i go about my way until it drops. helps to ease the pain of killing 8 badgers in the forest ruins for hours, for example:rolleyes:. I've also found on my journey, that between all the revamps of the lower zones, several quests have been removed from several zones or are attributed to racial quests. so i mark those with which race or as 'gone', cross them off and continue. i've contemplated in the future, changing races every month or two, and picking a new one, and doing all the lines too. but that'll be much much later. :) i also plan on doing the timelines for the polar class after betraying, the betrayal quests back and forth to each city, and all the deity quests, to later return to my preferred. I have lofty goals it seems! :eek::cool:
  17. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

that old weaponsmith has been waiting for you for quite some time it seems :p
  18. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Far Seas Requisition? Those things will drive you mad.
  19. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

absolutely! :p exactly what i was after too LOL i got it after a day or so.
    Breanna likes this.