Finally calling it quits because of XP retardeness.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Vunder, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Vunder Well-Known Member

After 10 years I'm calling it quits.

I don't mind grinding to 100, but the This way or No way mentality they implemented isn't worth my time or money. Doing the same quest over and over (and only getting a couple levels from it, still having to grind the last 3) was ok once, maybe twice. I put feedback in several times in beta that the quests were boring, linear, and not worthy of Everquest. Nerfing the XP worldwide except for AoM was childish. People will not take you into groups until you are 100 and fully geared because they are so hard leaves you to grinding (in the new content only with several hundred other people). I even zoned into Challenge Mode Skyshrine zones at 95 and barely got 400 exp a kill.with 40% vet bonus, 200 vitality and 110 pot, solo with NO merc.

You want to build your game around Non-casuals and fix feedback from your plat selling raider guilds thats fine, I'll find another game.

I know i'm not going to waste Months getting another toon to 100. I play maybe 1 or 2 hours a day. Usually have time for 1 group now days. So with all these changes this game is no longer for me.

And while im at it, your Grandmaster spell increase doesn't reward the difficulty in getting them. One of my wards went from 93899 Master to 94122. at 1233 potency. Thats less than a 1% increase.
    Songwind, Tierisch and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  2. Wirewhisker Well-Known Member

Seeya, and obligatory can-i-have-your-stuff post as well.
    Raff and Shmogre like this.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

I gave all my stuff to Vin.
  4. Gromz Member

Yea, it is kind of strange to come back after so long only to have so many people passing me going for the exit :(. You never realize the mentality of a population until mass numbers of people stop playing and/or stop logging in.
    Songwind likes this.
  5. EQ_Jack Active Member

I do agree with some of the goofy grinding problems. For example the can't progress past level 90 till you LEVEL your AA's to 280 is just nonsense IMO, at this late stage of the game.
    Tierisch and santargria like this.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If you understood the value of having people caught up with AAs vs. having a level 90+ with only 100, you would see how that was a good move.
    Mizgamer62, Charlice, Mermut and 3 others like this.
  7. arturos Active Member

well on the plus side the zones on AB are a LOT less crowded now. GG SOE LOL /shakes head
  8. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

If it takes you months (even at 1 to 2 hours a day) to hit 100, then leaving the game might be a good idea.
  9. xNeth Member

Brokenskull contested is designed for players under 100 to go level in.
  10. ColorsFade Active Member

Yeah, but try and find a group there. Or get one to go there.

Poorly located zone, mobs have too many hit points, yadda yadda.

All the heroic content in this expansion could have been done so much better...
    CoLD MeTaL and Tierisch like this.
  11. Tierisch Well-Known Member

I get what you are saying, but honestly, it should be your choice if you want to be "under-AA'd". But to HAVE to grind roughly 100 AA or have to buy the potion from MP is not cool IMO. Some people have one or two characters they level, experience all the content with etc.. for them the 280 probably wasn't a big deal. However, being an Altoholic myself, the AA requirement to level past 90 is a PITA.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  12. Deveryn Well-Known Member

There is no choice, having the AA is crucial. Choosing to be under AA only hurts you and your groupmates. 280 isn't bad if you run at least a 50/50 slider on your way up in the levels, especially if you get into level agnostic content, which you want to milk as much as you can for all the goodies you can get in each tier.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  13. ColorsFade Active Member

Not to mention: it's already difficult enough (as we're seeing) for the devs to balance new content properly. Imagine them trying to balance content for people who are level 100, but with 50 AA.

All you'd get then is a bunch of people whining about how hard the content is, and how come they're level 100 and can't do the content.

The AA requirement is reasonable.

What's not... is the way the heroics are structure in AoM, the rewards, and the contested zones. Nothing is unfixable, but it would be a much better expansion if some of this stuff was adjusted accordingly.

And I've seen a lot of good suggestions in various threads.
  14. Raff Well-Known Member

The sky is always falling in game forums. In any game forum these days, for that matter..
    Mizgamer62 and ConcealFate like this.
  15. Tierisch Well-Known Member

Heh, the only thing is, I don't group.. EVER! And yes my mains have well over 300 AA and I have not even tried to level a toon to 100. Crafting was my priority.
    I can agree that in heroic dungeon groups there should be some sort of door check for armor level and/or AA level, but soloists shouldn't be held to the AA minimum. As long as we are happy with what we are able to kill, and understand that higher or group content will necessitate many more AAs and armor upgrades, why force it on us as long as we do not inconvenience others by grouping :p ?
  16. Raff Well-Known Member

Been playing for years. Forums are the same in all the games. "The sky is falling, the sky is falling"...but its not, really. All of these games are what you make of it. None of them are perfect, none of them will ever make everyone happy. Played quite a of the new ones, but I always come back here.

All in all...there is not a better MMO out there right now, imo. I just wish I could go back in time and was stepping onto the shores of Norrath for the first time. Knowing nothing...
  17. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

This expansion will go down as the alt killer.
    Kalderon likes this.
  18. Raff Well-Known Member

How many time have we heard that?

"This expansion will kill the game"

In every single expansion since this game rolled out, chicken littles flood the forums with dire predictions of flaming failure.

Yawn.....
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  19. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

No too many people are too addicted at this point for it to kill the game. But nearly every play style seems to be saying that they will let their alts go.

Although from the update notes you can see that the zones were indeed too hard for most people and they are adjusting it.
    Kalderon likes this.
  20. ingenius Member

well i can see why soe wants to get people into the new stuff for better xp as last expac was everyone grind ss till they are all ready instead of doing dungeons as they gained aas but nerfing xp from things like ss and slightly increasing xp for the new stuff isn't quite cutting it as many are not willing to spend the extra hours just to get what they payed for. what about not nerfing any xp and just buffing it for newer stuff even tov zones as people can still get helpful gear and kill stuff they payed for after or before they do the aom questline another trick could be put a new aa clicky consumable on sale for a higher price for the new stuff and maybe a larger xp potion so those that want to pay extra get faster content a win win as long as you don't forget the people unwilling to pay for those extra things and keep xp decent all around
  21. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Fixed
    Kalderon likes this.
  22. Songwind Member

And what do you do trying to level from level 86 to 95? I tried mentoring a level 86 with my level 95 SK and the level 86 keep getting one shotted by the mobs. Yes I have 2 accounts so I can mentor down and help level a toon on my other account. That is not totally useless the way SOE has !@^$ the XP up. God I wish I had not wasted my money on buying the expansion for 2 accounts. Seems like SOE is trying to drive us away. I am a hair trigger away from cancelling my accounts after 10 years.