Fighter Epic Buffs, by Class

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by wiouxev2, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Vogie Active Member

From what I've seen of the Monk ability, it's ridiculous in raids. Our Monk puts Intervene(until cancelled buff) on the Main tank and the damage done back to the mob counts towards the Monks overall dps. On some fights it's over 75% of our Monks dps . . .

While I'm not opposed to this it makes dpsing as a Monk viable. I wish they could do more of that for fighters so bringing more than 2 to a raid wouldn't hurt so much.
  2. wiouxev2 Active Member

Yeah, that's what I've been hearing.

What it comes down to is this: the actual result of the ability has little or nothing to do with how the spell effects details are worded on the ability.

-There is no intervene ability; it's Intercept
    -Intercept lasts ~1min and is dispelled after 1-2 'intercepted' hits on the monks target.
    -Intercept makes the monk take 100% of the damage of the attack and the victim ~5% of said attack. How the ~24% DR equates into that is unclear
    -10% reflected damage should only work on the 1 or 2 hits from intercept, based on the wording of the spell.

How these mechanics are working now, to me is extremely unclear, as I do not have the epic yet to test for myself. With that being said, it'll be interesting to see how long it lasts in it's current state and how it gets changed.
  3. Kabbe Member

Intervene replaces the spell intercept. Monks and Guards get hit by the nerf bat this update thou.
    wiouxev2 likes this.
  4. wiouxev2 Active Member

PATCH 2-7-17
  5. wiouxev2 Active Member

I would appreciate a Monk chiming in that can report how much of a change Interpose got!
  6. Kabbe Member

On Thurgadin so do not get patch until tomorrow.... It was not so great anyway hard not to gain aggro with it...
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Monk its looks like got best of all (of ALL classes not of all fighter) Intervene and feign for the rest of combat = 400M easy
  8. Kabbe Member

Yes but 400 mill is less what our chanter that has epic does and they help raid more then me being FDed :p

Not saying it is not still good thou. At ancient you can keep 24.8% reduction on up to 6 targets if cycling whenever it is up.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Under the best I mean that monk ability scales it WILL stay relevant in the years to come. Abilities that not scales tend to have short life spawn (till next x-pack at best)
    wiouxev2 likes this.
  10. wiouxev2 Active Member

Per Caith & in-game tooltip, Monk's Masters Interpose went from 10% reflect to 1%.
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Now that's totally idiotic :( WHY reduce very neat ability to something merely useful (DPS vice) - only 1 hope that that reflect work on AoE type damage ... 1% x24 member of raid ... could be decent spike
  12. wiouxev2 Active Member

Taking an ability to 1/10th of the effectiveness is definitely a harsh change. It sounds like it needed to be adjusted; I'm not going to say anything further until I have it to test it out myself, but it doesn't seem promising. If its REALLY bad they may bump it up again. Who knows.
  13. Kabbe Member

x24 will be hard.. Reuse 15 seconds duration 100 seconds :)
  14. Serik Active Member

When you have monks parsing in the billions on t3 mobs with a reflect, something should probably be done about it. Don't get me wrong, I really liked the ability as it was, but it was pretty unbalanced in the grand scheme of things.

Even at 1% it should still do pretty well, just not T1 dps.
    Vogie and wiouxev2 like this.
  15. Billzbub Active Member

So the combat mastery portion of the Guardian's "Guardian" death save now only activates once the death save procs. Is that right?
  16. Ogdinmar Active Member

yep now its total garbage. not to say it wasn't over powered lol. but now we get another death save for someone other than ourselves. at the very least they should have allowed it to be put on ourselves
  17. Raenius Well-Known Member

Regarding Paladins: anyone got any idea what that new pet actually does?

I couldn`t stand the old pet in the first place, to see we get another one is just "meh" - it doesn`t fit.

[DEV] Convert this into something else please.....
  18. Rainmare Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not sure what the new pet does either as a pally. but ai only got the apprentice, so he's only up 7 seconds. maybe once I get higher version where he might actual be up enough to see if he does anything.

if they are going to give us a pet, they should just give us a friggin pet, like they did the SKs.
  19. Justaplayer Member

What does the SK pet do?
  20. Meneltel Well-Known Member