Fighter DPS (which has always been bad) is kinda meh this expac.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by The_Real_Wurm, Feb 26, 2019.

1. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Sure I'm not done gearing yet but good marr almighty I'm not very impressed with my damage output so far this expac.

https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/871878790125

Sure nothing can kill me in the solo instances, but its pretty boring.

Please tell me it gets more bearable with better gear.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. Ogdinmar Active Member

Fighter DPS is awesome. I have no real issues on any of my tanks, save my bruiser. But that's because A: shes a bruiser and B: she doesn't have the fighter rune.
    Soara2 and Kittybock like this.
  3. Simien Active Member

Not done gearing? You are wearing 90% mastercrafted, I would say you just got started. Fighter DPS is in a great spot right now!
  4. Drona Well-Known Member

You have made couple of mistakes from what I can tell. The MC gear you have is not refined nor experimented. Thats huge potency loss. If you have done that and fully infused, you are will be looking at 70k+ potency which will help your DPS.

You need the rares, then refine them and craft. Then infuse it and then experiment on them. Finally reforge into potency. You will be looking at 4.5k+ potency per jewellery item.

Also your belt doesn't have DC on it so get the DC belt instead. You will need about 140 DC for heroics.

You have good mitigation and HP for heroics, so you will be fine in that regard.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Redlight Well-Known Member

Your stats are awfully low. Tanks are in a very solid position at the moment because of the fighter rune. Good monks/zerkers/shadowknights can contest good summoners and sorcerers DPS-wise.
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I knew the "you haven't experimented" or "you aren't using refined gear" comments were coming when I posted this.

I bought the MC from the broker for cheap just so I could upgrade my potency to do the sig-line. I wasn't surprised that the very first reward I received during the quest line was merc-gear :rolleyes: My plan from the beginning was to finish the siglines then make my own refined visionary.

However.

My Friend (Guardian) who is wearing about the same amount of MC (his being fully refined and visionary) is doing equal or most of the time less DPS than me (disregarding Ascension abilities for the moment). So I'm starting to even wonder if I should even bother with it.

And as far as the "fighter rune" goes I'm guessing that was last year's ethereal grind reward? If so, I won't be getting it.

My whole point is why in the heck did they triple the potency from last expac? The power creep is getting higher in a almost direct opposite value to the amount of content we receive. I just don't get it anymore.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. Drona Well-Known Member

I was only trying to help... but it seems this is one of those threads so I will see myself out :rolleyes:
    Redlight likes this.
  8. Ogdinmar Active Member

They didn't triple potency since last xpac, in fact they halved it.
    Soara2 likes this.
  9. Magmag Active Member

lol fighter dps is seriously so good. It's probably the best it's ever been.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  10. Observing Active Member

Fighter DPS is only good if you have the fighter etheal rune
    Soara2 likes this.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

I don't find that to be true. My Pally can kill things just as quick as my Swashy now. And she does not have the ethereal rune. They have really close to the same amount of potency and things go down quick enough. Not like on my Mystic where 3 minutes later I'm still fighting the same mob.
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Simien Active Member

I have to put this in the (help me be better) category. In this game you have to work your toon. That means infusing...grinding for the one"item", grouping for the special rune...collecting for the meta collection reward. If you buy your gear and from that gear you bought and the solos your run come to conclusion (meh) about your class or the expac....you are wrong...almost always. Any toon in any expac have never been good in MC gear comparatively.

You are barely over the potency mitigation of T1 zones. Are you trolling? I would like to think you aren't but rather looking for advice which we are happy to give. Ask for advice or help but don't bash the dps of fighters when you are at the loswest percentile of the spectrum.
    Soara2 and Drona like this.
  13. Drona Well-Known Member

What annoys me about people like the original poster is that, when someone try to help, you get snarky response implying that somehow we are all elitist because we infused/experimented on our gear!

I get that EQ2 has loads of issues and at some point you have decided for yourself whether its the game for you or not. Its not like EQ2 is the only MMO out there. EQ2 is a game and if you are not enjoying it despite the issues then its time to move on and stop lashing out at people who are trying to help...
  14. Drona Well-Known Member

The fighter rune gives a nice DPS boost but like you says fighters can still do great DPS without it as well.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  15. Lifebane New Member

Is the fighter Rune still obtainable? If so, where/how? seen a few folks posting that they don't have it and it makes a difference.
    Soara2 likes this.
  16. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

It was pretty pog when restlessness came out and you could knockout combo on a bruiser and top the parse in skyshrine while main tanking OP.
  17. Simien Active Member

It is obtainable via Isle of Refuge server. You would need to buy Planar Ethereal Coins there then transfer that character (after 30 days of being on IoR) to your normal server and buy the rune.
  18. Antero New Member

What does this rune do? I have been playing on the IoR server for a few weeks. I am just returning after so many years away.... I would like to obtain one of these.

There is just SOOO much to know / learn about this game... it is easy to get lost.. so many timelines to explore and things to do now.
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

As many players (fighters, scouts, mages) are finding out if they have returned is that this xpac is a lot more demanding than in the past. It used to be, you could get dragged through an instance or two and get gear and be viable. With this xpac, getting good gear is the 1st step. It needs to be infused and you'll need to be paying attention to stats like potency AND crit bonus. I saw a marked change in DPS when my potency hit 60K and 4K CB. The temp adorns are invaluable in aiding that. It's a lot more work than we've seen in the past and there are players who aren't willing or unable to devote the time and energy for the "grunt work" to get there. They just want to log in and run instances and I can tell you that won't get it done. We're not elitists or high level raiders. We've been there, done that and got the t-shirt for this xpac. Is it doable? Yes. But it will require more time and effort than in the past.
  20. Antero New Member

My HP total is way less than of other tanks as well... I am just not sure what I am missing....

Now I know I need craft my gear with refined materials, I know I need to infuse (I will after I get refined gear).

I am at 1375 Resolve, my Potency is 52k, and my CB is 3040...

My current goals are to increase health and potency.