Fighter Class Changes, The Berserker

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Zhonata, Sep 19, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Airborne101 Guest

Waiting on beta invite as well... remember that you'll need some top end zerkers to test out some of those changes, and I'm one of 5-ish :p I'm a zerker MT (everything up to and including Trakanon) as well if that helps my chances!
  2. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    Wait, what do you mean by "regen stuff"? Are you removing the "Blood Rage" line? Or the "Perseverance" Acheivement Ability?

Powers &8^]
  3. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Who's to say it's not both?
  4. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

well hopefully the tank changes offset that some, believe it or not, health regen does help a fair amount while soloing but not as much as it used to in previous expansion. i still notice it when it's not there though.
    in raid/group though, it is complete and utter garbage, i think we all could agree on that.
  5. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

Lyger@Mistmoore wrote:
    No way! I use those all the time. I can't tell you how many times I've finished a fight with a sliver of health that wouldn't have been there without the regen.

Powers &8^]
  6. ARCHIVED-Airborne101 Guest

I can't tell you how many times I've been hit by a raid mob for over 15k damage that the hp regen didn't help at all on.
    Edited to say that remember, if they change it its going to be to something that will help us in solo, group, AND raid.. so if you're serious about actually missing regen you'll either have something equivalent or better(hopefully :p)
  7. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

well yes that was my point, something that can absorb or avoid a few K damage while solo. i solo around KC sometimes for fun and without the regen sometimes i know i would faceplant, even sometimes with it the mobs get a string of hits or i get a string of misses and it doesn't matter either way.
  8. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

OK, here's the truth: I have no idea what Aeralik's winky-smilie is supposed to indicate. Is he joking about removing regen? Or is he joking about us being upset about it? Becuase I, for one, really enjoy having my already-high regen double when my health drops below 30%. And that's not a joke or sarcasm.

Powers &8^]
  9. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

Hmmm 13.5k health. So at 30% you have around 4k health. Raid mobs hit for 6k+ Minimum = Useless. Heroic Mobs can double attack in ROK easily for 30-40% of you life in one attack. So to put it activating at 30% is a joke it doesnt have time to take effect. Combine this with the fact you only recieve around 300 Health every 6 sec which mean the mobs has likely hits 2-3 times in the period.
    Be glad it is going BYe bye.
  10. ARCHIVED-GrandMasterUb Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    I'm going to assume this is not sarcasm and theres actually going to be something new to replace it which makes me wonder...

Are they also going to be changing the Perserverance Line of our Zerker tree, as well as our mythical ability (the 300% hate part). Just curious, doubt he'll be back in the thread soon but something to ponder.
  11. ARCHIVED-joxuj Guest

Aeralik wrote:
    still waiting on my invite to join the fun too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  12. ARCHIVED-Aldhissla Guest

I'm currently leveling a SK alt, but if they would fix some issues with Berserker I would definitely reroll him as a Berserker. Unfortunately I don't know if I like these new changes, so I can't be sure if my leveling effort will be in vain after TSO.
    So I'd like to ask when we will receive detailed information on the changes made?
  13. ARCHIVED-Vanario Guest

Well, since the beta info shouldnt be disclosed, I won't list out what we are getting (even if some can find it if they search enough on the internet). But after testing it a bit, I believe that berserker will be falling even harder than in the past expansion. We basically got the worst of the 4 plate tank as far as new AA goes for tanking. I really hope the current state of AA in the beta doesn't come up live without changes, because it's not looking good at all unless you wish to be a wannabe scout.
    Really sad day as far as i'm concerned... I was really happy to finally be able to see the beta but what I saw made my hope disapear...
  14. ARCHIVED-Endorplasmic Guest

Vanario wrote:
    I've got no shame in saying that I've seen our new AAs (not sure how old the screenshots were), but if what you're saying is true we didn't see the same data.

I'm going to assume that we did see the same stuff and that you are looking at it wrong or something. We've gotten so much (needed) hate modifiers it's amazing. What's that? Ah yes, and some extra survivability as well!!

Unless Aeralik (man it's tough to spell, sorry if it's wrong) went into a fit of rage and changed our new AA tree, I'd have to say that I'll take whatever you're smoking.
  15. ARCHIVED-Vanario Guest

If you compare to other class, our survivability button got the shortest duration and doesnt compare to other classes at rank 5, even if we get some hate modifier we got no avoidance boost unlike the others, not to mention one that get an incredible ammount , and 3 of the AA choice are just laughable.
    So yeah i guess if you strictly look at hate boost, we got some cookies, but as far as survivability goes, we got hurt badly.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

Um, ..... but hate boost I hope you mean Hate position tools, because Zerker have 0 issue with maintaining aggro and generating it. IF all we got was more hate generation then we seriosuly got shafted.
  17. ARCHIVED-Vanario Guest

Well so far we aren't getting anything that the other aren't getting as far as snap agro goes, let's put it that way. I'd rather not speak more about the subject because I would be giving informations and get myself in trouble.
    My issue is with the fact that we will be getting a monstrous nerf as far as avoidance goes, and nothing to make up for it, while the others seem to be getting some stuff that will make up for the nerf. (This isn't beta information between, you can find that info from aeralik posts about the changes coming)
    I know that right Now, we aren't having such a Huge issue over survivability, even if we aren't at the top of the food chain, we can manage to do decent, but the issue is, things are gonna be changing heavily, so far as far as uncontested avoidance goes we are getting hurt badly, but i'll let you see it for yourselves since i can't give any info other than those 'speculations'
    And between endorplasmic, the new AA are really only a small part of the class revisit if you didn't know that yet, and i guess you didn't see what is changed right now, or you're the one smoking if you believe we will be any better than we actually are.
    I do know that it's hasty to jump to conclusion so fast, but it's rather frightening at the moment, hopefully devs will read some of the feedbacks and not go so deeply in the avoidance nerfs.
  18. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

you've already given too much information as it is, and not all of it was disclosed by any dev on the general forums.
    instead of worrying our community about an expansion that is still almost 2 months away my suggestion is do more testing, find specific areas you think need tweaked and post it in the correct beta forum post so that hopefully changes are made.
  19. ARCHIVED-Powers Guest

Zhon@Lucan DLere wrote:
    13.5k health? ROK? Raids? Not hardly. I've got 4,639 health at level 46. Regen has been very useful to me, and Perseverance is really really useful on those occasions when I've bit off more than I could otherwise chew.

Powers &8^]
  20. ARCHIVED-Zhonata Guest

Anyword on what is going to be done with to update our Mythical with the Health Regen being thrown out the window. 300% health regen = Hate gain in combat is going to be even more useless.