Fighter Balance

Discussion in 'General Fighter Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Evette23, Aug 27, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Stonestrong Guest

Lygerr@Mistmoore wrote:
    Anyone can play it sure. Anyone can play any class. I'm talking about playing to the extent that is top end and has people complaining to nerf it. Joe blow with decent/average gear and skill isn't going to do anything significant to have people crying for nerfs. Somebody with endgame gear in a hardcore guild playing the class to its potential isn't the norm and shouldn't be used as a point to argue nerfs.
  2. ARCHIVED-Evette23 Guest

Lygerr@Mistmoore wrote:
    Yea, you're probably right for the most part. My numbers are just for illustration, and I have seen guardian parses of 48k dps (with no shield btw), but then again... I've seen shadowknight parses of 80k dps and the more mobs there are, the more the gap widens. Hell, the more mobs there are, the more survivability crusaders have compared to guardians.
  3. ARCHIVED-Evette23 Guest

As far as the gear and group setup comparison (let's be real, EQ2 is easy to play and requires only basic generic gaming skills and average intelligence), the further you get away from end-game gear/group setups/epic mobs the more significant the imbalances between tanks becomes.
  4. ARCHIVED-LygerT Guest

there is examples that many people don't take into account which are basic tools like cure pots, food/drink, ammo, temp potions, quested clickies etc that really do make a bit of difference in how well someone plays their class which is generally the difference i see. it's not difficult to point out a plate tank wearing leather and moaning that they need more survivability in order to compete against a raid geared main tank.
    knowing that stats have mousovers should be pretty self explanatory. unlike "dude, how come you have 230% crit and only 45% double attack, 7% crit bonus and 5% potency?"
  5. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=445320&post_id=5403638 We do not allow direct links to sites that do not have the same rating as ours.
  6. ARCHIVED-RazeltheRogue Guest

Lygerr@Mistmoore wrote:
    agree with ya, on the other tools certainly, My zerker is a 90 provi, 450tinker, and I have a 90alc (my 90coercer). In addition, I have keep item I find with some sort of clicky effect that might be useful: manastone, fear charm from SoF, earring of solstice, hadden's earring, and sharpening stones to name a few.
    And general knowledge of the game does go a long well, akin to your second paragraph.
  7. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=445320&post_id=5403667 If you feel the need to find ways to avoid the Language Filter, it is probably better not to use that word.
  8. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=445320&post_id=5403645 We can not allow direct links to another site that does not share our rating. Thank you!
  9. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

This is why "nerf" posts are not appreciated nor allowed here. They turn into a bickering fest.
    This is now closed.
  10. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=445320&post_id=5403493 There is no reason to be offensive to half of the player base of this game.
  11. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=445320&post_id=5403676 We do not wish ill will on anyone on these forums.
  12. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=445320&post_id=5403717 There is no reason to be vulgar.