Fiery Effigy of Cloatl'thoa

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Guiscard, Mar 9, 2015.

1. Guiscard Active Member

I think this guy needs to be toned down. I was unable to take him down due to the ads. Now I was playing a coercer. I don't know if he is easier in the fire. I pulled him out to the little island to the right of his area.

But it is the ads that are the problem - there are way too many of them and they are definitely quite difficult. I have AOEs but I can't do enough damage at level 98 to take him out.

This means I can't progress and do any other quests because once again Devs are using the timeline and signature quests to block you from other quests. I complained about this in Obol and Eidolon but never changed. A lot of people really are not always interested in doing the Timeline but have fun doing the other questions.

But I would like to see the ads eliminated for this mob in the simple SOLO - I was doing that NOT the T1 Heroic. Just plain solo and this mob is way too difficult for plain SOLO. Get rid of the ads.
  2. Ajjantis Well-Known Member

Uhm, i havent done the solo zone but if its like the heroic version, then you HAVE to kill him in the fire. You are doing the script wrong.
  3. Amfish Active Member

While he is out of the lava he spawns adds. only one of them really matters the other two can be aoe'd down, the one that is white con is the one you need to kill. fight him in lava until he starts hitting too hard, then take him out of lava until the increments on his buff are down to a lower number or gone. rinse repeat really isnt as difficult as you were making it =]
  4. Foretold Well-Known Member

Yeah, he takes very little damage out of the lava. It must have taken you 30 minutes to get him down :S

With my lower dps toons, I usually go to the edge of the lava to start and nuke him til he exits the lava. Then I run around killing the adds while he slowly chases me. Once he hits about 1-2 increments, I jump back in the lava, wait for him to get back in the lava himself, and then hopefully mow him the rest of the way down before he hits @5 increments. If I don't have the dps to finish him before the increments get up to dangerous levels, I jump back out of the lava and repeat.
    Shmogre likes this.
  5. Guiscard Active Member

Aren't you taking big damage when you have to get in the lava? Do the ads disappear when he gets back in the lava?
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is a buff with a counter on the mob. While he's in the lava it ticks up (and his outgoing damage increases) while he's out of the lava he's got massive damage reduction, adds spawn and the buff ticks down.
    In the adavanced solo he starts at 4 ticks. One method is to pull him out of the lava to start, hold him and kill the adds until the buff gets down to zero ticks... pull him into the lava, dps him hard until he gets to 5-10, depending on the healer/damage you can take.. rinse and repeat until dead. Erm.. the mob is dead, not you :p
  7. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Greetings,
    Yeah on this guy you really have to watch his buff counter, key on those lavacaller adds as soon as they pop.Sure this is kinda tough but that's what makes it fun.:) I must admit seeing that buff counter is impossible if I leave my glasses off.
  8. Ratza Well-Known Member

I've noticed this mob is harder for some classes.
  9. Foretold Well-Known Member

I've not noticed any damage in the lava... stand on the edge if you experience such. And no, the adds don't disappear. I usually have one left over that shows up just before Mr. Giant Slow Butt makes it to the lava. I dps him down with the name.
  10. Guiscard Active Member

I killed him today. Kept him in the fire and he seems easier there. I took no damage from getting in the lava pool with him.