FG Shinny Limitation Issue

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by FuRiouSOne, Jun 30, 2017.

1. FuRiouSOne Well-Known Member

TIME-LOCKED SERVERS
    • Collectible nodes (shinnies) may now only be seen if you are no less then 10 adventure or tradeskill levels of the zone the node is located in.
    This seems to be flawed and not working as stated.
    I am currently lvl 18 Adventurer and 20 Tradeskill (Tailor) and have not seen ANY shinnies in Stormhold (a lvl 20 zone) or thundering steppes (a lvl 20 zone). I have seen a few shinnies in fallen gate (evil side lvl 20 zone) but havnt checked Nek yet.
    So far from my findings something is right with this new implementation to shinny farming.
  2. Nuhvohk Active Member

Many of the collections in those zones are listed as level 30. You need to be at least level 20 ADVENTURE (tradeskill level only applies to tradeskill collections) to see them.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is nothing in the notes that say TS lvl is only for TS shinies... especially considering that the 'lvl' on TS shinies is very low.. and you have to be at least lvl 80 to get the ability to see TS shinies.
  4. Nuhvohk Active Member

Whoever does those writeups frequently uses vague or incomplete statements. Remember how in the FAQ it said the TLE would have crafting like it was in vanilla? But they didn't mean WORTs and subcombines.

Also, while tradeskill collections technically shouldn't be visible without the earring, on Stormhold people were finding the tradeskill slime collectibles in the sewers, even during vanilla. As far as I'm aware, they never fixed that.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

There's no point to listing tradeskill level if it refers only to tradeskill shinies.. because it is, literally, impossible to be below the level of the tradeskill shinies if you have the earring of the solstice.. which is required to see the tradeskill shines.
  6. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Shinies also have a life expectancy of 0.8 seconds from spawn. Are they not popping or are they over-farmed?