FG Server Needs More "Carrots"!

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Gregore, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Atan Well-Known Member

It is not, we tested, and the HP pool on live is considerably less than TLE. He also takes more damage (lower resists) on live as well as his damage output is less.
  2. jessejames Active Member

I don't know what you mean by doesn't count. I honestly think many people on the TLE servers don't get much thought at all to live progression guilds. From some of the complaints I hear/read I think you should be on the fourms and FG server recruiting people. You have easier mobs, faster XP, better gear, faster mounts, plat from lvl 100 toons, a complete bell sytem, and like SH our server probably has some sort of shelf life and your toons are already on live and can go be 100 any time. I think those things are better for some people and a big selling point.

In the end its about having fun and if you are doing that then I'm glad. I personally enjoy being a lowbie with a server full of people around my level. I'm having fun with all those extra obstacles.

But all this conversation belongs in a different thread. This thread is about rewards on live server and extra intensives for playing on FG. I think if you could beat pre modified Darathar you should be given a special prismatic weapon on live that scales with every expansion and has a proc that can automatically kill mobs, like Devastation Fist except can work on up to x2 mobs.
    Rozyn likes this.
  3. jessejames Active Member

[IMG]
    ATTN DAYBREAK : We need more carrots
    Dude likes this.
  4. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

I'm putting extra carrots in my beef stew tonight.
    Dude likes this.
  5. Ryuken Active Member

How about actual carrots?

Being able to expand your housing with a garden and to be able to plant an assortment of vegetables, where carrots are among them.

Every vegetable will require attention, watering etc to fully grow.

When you farm the carrots, you will gain consumable carrots on FG giving you temporary boosts.

BUT

The carrots you farm on FG will also grant you carrot-tokens on live.

You could then purchase items on live from a vendor next to Fractal called Carotenia.

10 carrots could buy you an Ethereal Gem

20 carrots could buy you a resolve 30 wrist etc etc

There could also be cosmetic items to be bought, such as a Carrot-hat, carrotboots, Carrot-mount (will look like you are riding a huge flying carrot etc)
    Malleria likes this.
  6. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

We could buy special house expanders to give us entire fields to grow in. They could add a farming section to the marketplace for buying boosters like fertilizer, insta-grow tokens, or farm animals. Hell, they could make it an app where you could log in from your phone or tablet to maintain.
    Mizgamer62 and Malleria like this.
  7. jessejames Active Member

now we are back on topic... more carrot ideas please!!!!
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

I want an animated scare crow like the ones in Antonica. That way the birds won't be able to eat my hard earned carrots.
    jessejames likes this.
  9. Ryuken Active Member

Yes and link it to your social security as well.

The more carrot-tokens you earn in-game, the more bags of carrots you can get (by using your carrot-points on most supermarkets) for free.

This revolutionary idea will prevent starvation, carrots for everyone!

if you reach a certain "treshold" of carrot tokens earned on FG, a certain amount will be added to your pension.

So by doing good/performing well in-game, it will translate to real life as well.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  10. Springelf Active Member

If they gave us farm like stuff....I would be ALL over that lol. If we could make them into house items (carrot cake etc) *squeals* lol.

I play on FG and wont ever go to live as long as there is a TLE option. I dont care how other people play or their motivations. I think its cool there are people at all levels to actually do stuff with if you want. Or just have other ppl in the zones so it doesnt feel like a single player game.
    Chocoholic and jessejames like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

While I like some of the suggestions in this thread for things that could be added to the game both on FG and live servers to enrich the experience for us, I still believe that if carrots are required to get people to play on FG, then they didn't really want to play in the first place.

Cyrrena
  12. Chocoholic Active Member

Agreed, Springelf! I'm here for the duration too.

While I don't really expect DBG to add the farming / gardening element to the game (I took most of this as tongue-in-cheek), it might actually bring a population boost and stimulate store sales if they did add it to a future expansion. I have farmed / gardened in a few other mmo's (FFXIV had the most interesting and in-depth system as I recall, with seed cross-breeding, different tier topsoils, real time watering and harvesting requirements, harvested items used in different crafting skills and decorating, items selling for good prices on the AH, etc.) -- would be amazing if EQ2 could add something along these lines to the game. A different approach can be like a breath of fresh air sometimes. :).
  13. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

An actual pet system instead of familiars.

Call it AAA. Alternative, Alternate Advancement.
  14. Ryuken Active Member

Familiars/Pets that you can make grow by nurturing them and feeding them carrots etc

Want your Bixiekachu to evolve into a Bixanator (adding +5 to all stats?) and finally to a Bixagotchi? (adding +40 % health, potency, fervor etc)

Gotta treat it right, play with it, feed it when it's hungry.

Most importantly, implement carrots in it's diet.

AND NEVER FEED IT AFTER MIDNIGHT! (or it will turn into a Combat Pet called Bixzmo instead)

---

If you keep feeding the Bixikachu butter and cream instead of carrots, it will eventually turn into a ground speed -20 % mount instead)

---

Each familiar react differently to different types of food, so you have to check the glycemic index as well, which is a game in itself.
  15. Nightime New Member

Nothing wrong with this server, I love it and want it to stay as it is. Enjoy the game and explore. I'm looking forward to future expansions especially KoS. I cant wait.
    Chocoholic likes this.
  16. jessejames Active Member

SoS is one of my top fav dungeons... #contesteddungeons4life
  17. Rozyn Well-Known Member

Talking with other permanent FG citizens, we're all totally cool with more 'carrots'. I don't play FG for 'nostalgia' and I think the jumping mount has already added a nice twist to 1-50 gameplay that SH didn't have - and I love getting the lesser HQ rewards on my alts right away. Look, the cash shop has already destroyed any real throwback experience, it's more about enjoying low level content with other at-level players. If we get some carrots to give Live players a little diversion, great! I'm here eating them all up at my own pace already.
    Chocoholic likes this.
  18. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

I don't understand TLE, they bring back something you have done 1,000 times already.
    Mizgamer62 and Snikkety like this.
  19. Bekkr Well-Known Member

Fortunately for us, we can still enjoy it even if you don't understand it.
    Chocoholic likes this.
  20. Chocoholic Active Member

Understand everything you will not ...

:p