FG Server Needs More "Carrots"!

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Gregore, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Gregore Active Member

SO the only reason I made a toon on this server was to earn rewards for my raid main, and for alts to a lesser degree. I got my Necro to level 30 (what a suckfest of a grind!), and earned the familiar buff, dwarven work boots, journeyman's boots, and greater lightstone for my account. After looking at the remaining HQ's/HQ rewards, I have no desire to put in anymore work on this server. Almost all of the remaining HQ's reward either weapons or jewelry. I don't need weapons or jewelry for my toons on HOF, I need armor or items like familiar buffs. Especially with the Summer ethereal grind, raiding three nights a week, and still trying to grind solo PG weeklies out to earn the battle cat familiar for my raid main (more PG grinding later to get stuff for alts), FG server is fading in the distance.
    I think more carrots need to be put into place to keep people like myself logging in over on the FG server, just saying!
    On a related note, the level 30 familiar buff just says it will raise the level of a familiar one level. The Summer weekly promotion familiar buff specifically states that it will only raise a level one familiar to level two. So am I correct in assuming that I can get my battle cat, use the Summer weekly familiar buff to make him level two, and then use the level 30 FG server familiar buff to make the battle cat level three? I'm trying to find out ahead of time to avoid extreme disappointment later on. Please weigh in on this DEVs.
  2. jessejames Active Member

from listening to people on the forums and talking with people in game it seems like people who just play on FG for the account rewards are an extreme minority.
    Dude, Bekkr and Pixistik like this.
  3. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

This isn't an event server like Race to Trakanon. The real carrot is playing on the server itself.

I'm honestly not sure why the HQ reward thing was tacked onto Fallen Gate instead of hosting an actual event server for it. In order to get all of the HQ rewards for your mains on a live server you basically have to quit playing there and play on Fallen Gate full time.
    Dude likes this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I started playing FG in addition to AB because I missed RtT and had/have no desire to play on SH. The earning HQ rewards on AB was just the push I needed to start playing there. I don't think we need TLE servers, people can level lock on live and go as slow as they want, but with that being said, the TLE servers are here and now I play there as well.

I have seen quite a few a$$hats, but that is always the case on any server and on any game. There are nice people to. Hubby and I duo, we are not part of a guild as we don't want to commit time to others when that time may not be able to be fulfilled due to medical issues. We would start a guild of our own but we don't have the coin to pay people for 5 minutes of their time.

Cyrrena
  5. jessejames Active Member

ok you can level lock but trying shouting "32 dirge LFG for RoV" How long will it take to get a group?
    Rozyn, Dude, Pixistik and 1 other person like this.
  6. Zenji Well-Known Member

Between the ridiculous economy, and how trivial content is with access to agnostic gear, fabled crafted gear and AAs. No leveling locking guilds are no where near what people on TLE want. Not to mention the idea of a "fresh start" is appealing to lots of people.
    Rozyn, Dude, Bekkr and 3 others like this.
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

No offense, but that is not remotely the same thing.
    Rozyn, Mermut, Pixistik and 2 others like this.
  8. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

How can you even say that? FG is nothing like playing on a progression guild on live servers. I tried it where we would cap at levels and try not to use gear over our level, you know what happen? Every single raid encounter was one shot, so we stayed at each tier for a WEEK.

Thats just not fun and that is why TLE servers are warranted.
    Rozyn and Draknox like this.
  9. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if DB periodically develops and releases a new carrot to get people on the "pay for xp" server; a new carrot that has literally no benefit to the permanent players on the server... much like the HQ rewards thing.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

Honestly, I hope they do, and it would make sense to do so as they unlock expansions.

Those of us that live on the 'pay for xp' server don't feel it is required to pay as we don't have the same expectation point of people that come from live to play in our sandbox. We will have plenty of time to get 50 to 60 in DoF and still complete all relevant content without dropping a penny on xp.

Those coming in just for the carrot will want to rush to their creamy filling, they'll buy up xp as well as give us plenty of grouping opportunity for us to xp.

From the perspective of a permanent resident of FG, this works well for me. I'm sure from DBG's perspective this works well for them too.

So, I'd like to kindly thank all you carrot seekers for your contributions that allow me to enjoy the game as I like to enjoy it and keep a few more people employed in the process.
    Rozyn, Alenna, Draknox and 1 other person like this.
  11. Marilia Active Member

Every progression guild on the normal servers is different as they all have differing rules for progression raiding, but our progression guild does not one shot raid encounters. Maybe we're doing something wrong or doing it with less than a full raid, but we've wiped on things like Darathar (only a couple of times, mind you, on him), Poet's Palace Return raid, the Splitpaw raid no one ever does, and the Twin Dragons (still knocking our heads against that one as it has a lockout on failed attempts).

We're currently locked at lvl 60 doing Desert of Flames content. We don't use AA's, familiars, agnostic gear, or the new diety stuff in raids. I'd prefer we didn't allow MC Fabled gear, but at our level that gear isn't all that great anyway to be honest. We also stay longer at each expansion than most. We don't move on until every single raid for that expansion has been completed.

You are correct that a TLE server and a progression guild on a normal server is not the same thing. They each have something to offer, but don't just completely discount progression guilds on normal servers. :)
    Snikkety likes this.
  12. jessejames Active Member

try darathar on our server
    Rozyn, Pixistik and Atan like this.
  13. Marilia Active Member

I would if the level grind wasn't so extreme, in my opinion. Key words: My opinion. I don't like the long grind to get anything done on the TLE servers. Others do, and that's perfectly fine.

I was just trying to point out that in some progression guilds on normal servers it isn't the one shot and done deal some people think they are, that's all.
  14. jessejames Active Member

I would assume the one shot thing was an exaggeration but the point I was making you killed him in a few pulls. He was literally unkillable on our server even after like 20 adjustments on him.
  15. Atan Well-Known Member

Couple key differences:
    1) You don't have a level set playing field to compete against a wide array of other players for objectives
    2) The content hasn't been tuned to be appropriately difficult

There is a tremendous difference between say Darathar on FG verses on Live. He has been retuned on FG to be more in line with his original difficulty at launch before the game mechanics have been changed 20k times.

The buff packages, hit points, etc are all different on the TLE to make the encounters actually difficult again verses how they are in live. This makes for an authentic gameplay experience rather than a manufactured difficulty level that is still extremely easy in comparison.
  16. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Who are you speaking for? Because you leveled your main on quite a few xp pots, if I recall correctly from another recent thread.
  17. Atan Well-Known Member

You are right, I had ~5400 DBC on my account when I returned, I got quite a few 89 cent xp pots.

But I've now leveled 4 to 50 and my 5th is 46, and I don't expect to use anything for 50-60, but do factor in we'll get around 1000 DBC per account for the 12 weeks it is live, so I may use some.

But I'm not 'paying for xp' Just using the resources I am provided with a subscription.

I've also accumulated 10 krono farming, I'm wagering you have more as you farm more than I, I can choose to trade them for more resources if I care to, but its all wealth and purchasing power we can easily accumulate without 'paying for xp'.
  18. Zenji Well-Known Member

19. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

and as we already hashed out in the last thread, leveling alts off existing resources from your main is easier. as for exactly how you acquired your DBC, you're just argument semantics.
  20. Marilia Active Member

I will readily admit I don't know how Darathar is on Live right now as we were already in DoF stuff before FG launched, but I do know some of the lvl 50'ish gear was changed on Live to match how it was on FG. Perhaps the Darathar encounter has been retuned for Live as well? I honestly don't know. Not that I'm saying it's harder or the same on Live as it is onTLE.

Again, I'm just trying to point out that Progression guilds on normal servers CAN be just as fun as a guild on a TLE server, and we don't always one shot something or even two shot it. I'm not trying to say it is the exact same experience. It also doesn't make us any lesser of a choice for someone looking to experience older content, but sometimes I get the feeling from people on TLE servers that if you don't play on a TLE server to experience older content then it "doesn't count" somehow.