FG Quest exp seems set way too low

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Greene, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Medicinal Active Member

I don't have 5 hours a week to play. I have 45 hours a week to play. I am not spending those hours playing eq2 because the leveling grind is boring. I log on. Stare at my toon on character select. Then log off and go play something that isn't a boring grind. I don't mind grinding. It's the boring part that gets me.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

You've completed every heritage that is level appropriate?

I find I can do an hour to two max grinding, then go bang out a heritage or a quest for a reward I actually want, then go back to grinding some.

Break it up or it becomes work vs fun.
  3. Xephane Active Member

Then that's nobody's fault but your own, you either play the game and live with it or you don't. I've stated multiple times before that it's not that bad if you just don't put any mind to it. I got 50 within two weeks and that's without buying any potions until level 48 when I just wanted to finish it off. Sitting here and staring at your computer and then saying the exp is bad isn't the same as just trying to get through it.

If you think it's so bad have you even tried to complete a collection? They help a lot, just a few get you an entire level if they are a few levels above you. At this point they aren't super expensive either. Shell out a few gold and you get up to that level you wanted to be at.
  4. Medicinal Active Member

Or they could make the game fun to play. Crazy concept, I know.

It really doesn't matter to me. I am not going to bend over backwards trying to make the game fun. I just found other games to play that are fun. I'm not upset, or angry. Really, I'm pretty "meh" about the whole thing. I tried FG. It's worse than SH was. I went elsewhere. I do care about the success of the company. Only posted to give them feedback on why I left. I wasn't looking for advice on how to get to level 50, as I don't plan on continuing to play on the server. (Yes, I did heritage quests and collections and blah, blah, blah.)

I chose not to live with it. Too many people pick that option and the game's going to have problems. More problems than it already has, that is.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  5. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

That's what about 1000 companies, big and small and 100000 indi studios are constantly trying to do. There's nothing crazy, it's down to earth.
  6. jessejames Active Member

I started playing EQ2 at launch. I played constantly until ROK where I tried a bunch of mmorpgs which I'm not going to name but I keep ending up here every few years. A lot of newer mmorpgs make it where you can quest to max level pretty smoothly. But I max a toon out and get bored. What I like about playing on FG is you go to quest and the XP is slow, not to mention I've done the content before. I find myself just enjoying grouping with other lowbies and killing stuff as a team.

If you're not having fun, stop complaining and find a game that is fun. Good luck to you.
    Dude likes this.
  7. Greene Active Member

We're very lucky to have a robust mentoring system. The exp you get mentoring a group is actually better than running around questing even still.

If I could add one thing to the mentor system, it would be a reverse mentor system. Friends too high level? Mentor up to them! Obviously not as strong as if you were really that level, but at least you can contribute ;)