FG FAQ

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by ShastaDietRaspberrySoda, Jan 22, 2019.

1. ShastaDietRaspberrySoda New Member

Can I use my /claim items?

Claim items will be restricted based on expansion and in some cases not ever made available to preserve the progression of the server.

If /claim items are based on expansion then why are claim items made available on a tle that give players a distinct competitive advantage over others. Ex. illusions, mounts, ToT/KA shrine, etc.

According to the faq you said restrictions would be based on expansion.

What was the reasoning behind allowing said items to be allowed on a server that once had a decent player population.
  2. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

That's a very good question, something that has been asked since the start of the server.

I really wish I had all my xp pots from playing the game for years which I can now only get by shelling out even more money on pay to win.

Combined with familiars and other selective pay to win claims, it's really a shame~
  3. Tabbyclouds Member

I think one of the things that has galled me most is the Houses such as Everfrost Winter Home and the Lavastorm Home being on sale over Christmas in the Marketplace but not claimable on FG, or SH before it.
    People had an issue because DB said they would never allow purchase of pre order or collectors edition stuff in the future. I am fine with that - if I had missed any of the expansions I would like the opportunity to purchase them in the future. Most of them were a long time ago. If new players want them, fine.
    However, I am damned if I am going to pay again for something that I have already paid for in the past. I bought the baubbleshire as it is not something I could get before, but not allowing things (not just houses - xp potions etc) to be claimable on FG and then offering them for sale is only going to make people mad.
    To my mind, as has been said, that makes a lot less sense than allowing familiars if you buy the brand new expansions etc. Just plain weird.
    Kalika likes this.
  4. Coty Member

It is fairly simple the Marketplace makes a lot of money for DB and they wont stop this trend not as long as there are more buyers then "mad ppl" who would like some proper balance in game and when the scales turn they will just simply take that the said tle server paint it in new colors and launch anew :)
  5. Kalika Well-Known Member

We raided with regular familliar obtained questing and today i saw a warlock with around 110 po bonus from P2win items, a 3 month old Mythical familliar at level 10, 2 illusions and a mount. This really negate the meaning of raid progression. 110 potency is not a small bonus, heroic potency is around 200, and high end raid probably grants you 250 or around that. Till a recent run in Outer vault during which the tank told me that the dps of one groupmate was due to P2win stuff i never really took care, and i was assuming that this stuff was like +10% dps/hps or whatever ... ie something nice but not gamebreaking. I was quite wrong ad NAIVE ...

I don' t really care, since it does not affect my gameplay, if some people want to trivialize further content by paying 100s of dollar I don' t care.

But i m not happy because my billy, my call of the veteran, and other fun/fluff items (houses etc) are not claimable but at the SC shop.

Anyway given the current xp rate I may simply call it over, i have been out only 3 monthes but catching up with many alts is too much time, i m getting aggro at home. Yeah i could join more LP instance grinding groups which i did with my main but honeslty i won' t with the current rate unless rested ...

I m perfectly fine paying the montly sub but I will never pay more, and since my savings are stored as kronos I may play for free a while or wait for something cool, like an EQ1 TLE.