FG Boxing restrictions?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Vlahkmaak, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Loresinger Active Member

I would think some are after a particular familiar, or buy a multiple pack, and sell off the duplicates they get. Others might be just buying and selling for the guild level. Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me, since guild level doesn't even really do anything on FG yet... but, yeah, people are doing it.
  2. Testa23 New Member

Alt tab boxing is super hard above 2 boxing. Thanks to true boxing servers on eq1 though people have had tome to get multiple old laptops so no alt tabbing is needed
  3. Nagash Member

Or....he has 6 computer and a large desk with 6 keyboards. He also can use both hands to hit 1 key on each keyboard. Man that fella must be a millionaire and a super athlete to do all that at once and to afford all those composers. LOL.
  4. Testa23 New Member

Lol u guys know laptops that can run eq one or two are cheap as hell and for someone who doesnt toss old laptops it is nothing to have laptops to box with...specially after true box eq1 servers being out for so long
  5. Nagash Member

I personally had some old computers. 2 of them, i had retired and didn't use but when EQ1 TLP servers released i got them all up and running. I have old laptops 3 or 4, i have started back up plus my gaming rig and my travel laptop. Rounding up all the computers wasn't hard but getting the space to set it all up was an issue. but i have some little tables i setup around my main desk. Problem solved.
  6. Nagash Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This is why you see some many boxers right now. Not Botters. An EQ1 boxer is very efficient at boxing and boxing on EQ2 is way easier.
    Xephane likes this.
  7. Nuhvohk Active Member

If boxing gives players such an unfair advantage, why don't YOU start boxing and level the playing field? :^)
    Conifur likes this.
  8. Tajar Well-Known Member

See I think Boxing on EQ1 is way easier than in EQ2. I used to have 6 on one PC in EQ1 all perfectly macro'd to each other, but here I struggle with 2 because the macros don't work the same way. I usually have two accounts loaded up, but it's usually a shaman following whatever toon I'm running stuff on that needs a heal or two lol. Proper boxers need to share their sekrits if it;s actually easier here :p
  9. Testa23 New Member

Multiple laptops with multiple keyboards easiest way. Bonus points if its just a 10 key keyboard. Makes it stupid easy easy enough people will assume your a bot
  10. Kioske Well-Known Member

People are using DBC to level guilds, by spending real life money to a company, and people are surprised that this isn't being fixed quickly?

Is anyone still surprised that DBG doesn't bother the botting crowd? Half the game's accounts are part of the bot crews. If they started banning them the game would probably run out of money in less than a year.

Another gimmick server for quick cash. I'm just glad that the gear from it isn't like RTT where everything was BiS.
  11. Arandar Well-Known Member

This is primarily a side-effect of getting duplicate familiars, and not being able to do anything with them besides sell them for status. And practically speaking, right now a guild's level is little more than a number. There won't be any real, substantial benefit to having a high level guild on Fallen Gate for at least a year.
  12. Kaegrim New Member

When i see a box and/or bot/box group of like 8 people running by with one active player and the others on follow.
    It drains away all the happiness of the progression im making. And it takes the fun out of the server.
    I deleted all my characters and im very happy on the fallen gate rulesset server.
    This kills my experience, and kills the game. To argue about why wont mather to people like me. You cant win this discussion by comparing it to something in an attempt to make it sound better.

Try to limit this on Fallen Gate, and i will be looking for a statement about this on the next server you create. There are tons of servers for easy gameplay on normal. Can we please just have one single place to call home, where this stuff are not allowed. It's like stolen valor. They havent done the work, they have just bought/bot/boxed there way forward.

Yours truly /Lothramir, of Fallen Gate.
    Xephane likes this.
  13. Kaegrim New Member

This is just simply not true.

DBG are online checking for this and talking to us to get help reporting people.

This is not a gimmick server for quick cash. It's a way for us to get new content and for them to run a business. It's win/win for both of us. No money into the game = No game, easy as that. Ive asked for a server like this for ages cause i cant stand the normal servers. They have given me what ive asked for, not created a gimmic for you to buy apperance items on.

Xephane likes this.
  14. Synistra Active Member

This is getting out of hand, all this witch hunting and posting screenshots of players with no real proof that they're doing anything against the rules of the game. There are many pieces of hardware out that allow people to box on multiple pcs, much less all on one computer. People are going to play the way they enjoy the game and if them boxing drains all of your fun out of the game then that's a -you- problem, not anyone else's. I was 3 boxing earlier tonight with my boyfriend, who was also boxing 3 toons. Each of our 3rd boxes pretty much sat there unless we happened to not kill a mob fast enough for us to tab to them. We had someone following us around, even though we impacted their gameplay none. I guess they wanted to hover and see if we were botting, it's stupid and irritating but I kept my mouth shut because they didn't actually say anything to us and I didn't want to get reported for language.

We both have ADHD and if we just play one toon at a time we get bored and antsy, we require more to keep our attention in the early game. But that's my business and no one else's yet people still expect an explanation when you play more than one character. You're automatically deemed guilty of breaking some fake rule in a pixelated world. I don't know how most of you guys complaining about boxers make it through life. And yes, you're complaining about boxers even though you say "It's just the botters I have a problem with!" I have a problem with them too, the difference between us is that I don't go around looking to ruin someone's game time just in case they might be doing something I could report and petition them for. I promise you all will enjoy the game much more if you just play and have fun. If people are minding their own business and playing by themselves it's none of your business how or why they enjoy the game and do what they do.
    Lateana, Meneltel, Xephane and 2 others like this.
  15. Kioske Well-Known Member

You are aware that a TLE server already exists, right? This is a gimmick server to keep the people on live "Grinding". They're giving away items for doing stuff on another server. It's a gimmick. I'm not saying they are wrong for doing it, or that it's a bad business decision, but they're not stupid, they know how to make money.
  16. Kioske Well-Known Member

I haven't spent much time on the server, but are familiars even doing anything on the TLE? Like, are they giving stats to players on that server? If so, that's pretty stupid, considering that in the vanilla game familiars weren't a thing. I thought familiars were only giving stats during the KA expansion? Either way, for TLE servers, and servers like this, the marketplace should have been turned off to begin with, no potions, no anything from the marketplace should be allowed on this server.
    Livejazz and Xephane like this.
  17. Revel Well-Known Member

Of course they are. You don't think DB would cut off that revenue stream do you?
  18. Ellah Active Member

I box 3 toons on fg, alt tabbing between them. It might look like they are casting together as some (warlock) have long cast times and all use queued spells.

I'm so tired of constantly seeing people whine about boxers. these people are so small minded and wrapped up in their own little world that they can't see that other people have different circumstances.

I'll happily drop the other 2 boxes if you will group up with me. Oh, I'm a caregiver so I have to afk regularly with no notice for what might be 5 minutes or 2 hours. But that's ok right?after all, I can't be boxing your little world so I'm sure you'll be happy to have me auto follow you around while afk right?

Alternatively, I can box 3 toons and somewhat clumsily try and forge ahead between afks, if that's alright with the self appointed boxing police??,
    Lateana, Molly, Xephane and 1 other person like this.
  19. Revel Well-Known Member

Sure go ahead. Box all you want. In a month or two when people have their familiar upgrade and the heritage items they want on live servers it'll be as dead as Stormhold anyways. You can wave to all the other box groups as you leapfrog each other in dungeons.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  20. Trinity5 New Member

I don't think you understand just how many people that love EQ2 but hate the current version of it, have come back JUST for this server, it is packed with old and and new players. Current live servers have been on life support for awhile so i'm not sure why you think this server is going to die anytime soon.

On the boxer / botter debate, it's 2017, a lot of people know how to effectively box now unlike in the past, they are not botting, botting is unattended gameplay with AI / scripts running the character, I have yet to see anyone actually botting. Auto follow and macros do not a botter make, so do yourself a favor and go enjoy your game and stop messing with paying customers boxing.
    Lateana, Molly, Ellah and 1 other person like this.