FG Boxing restrictions?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Vlahkmaak, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Vlahkmaak Active Member

The FG FAQ did not address boxing. I was under the impression that on beta I had to run separate systems to box. Is this still true or can I box off my main PC if I wish to now?
  2. Loresinger Active Member

There's no boxing restrictions. I'm running two accounts off the same PC right now on FG.
  3. Revel Well-Known Member

There damn well should be, I've already seen the bot groups leveling and that should've been squashed immediately. It's already highly disappointing that there's level 50 guilds within hours of release due to mechanics that should have NEVER been allowed to hit FG.
    Xephane, Kaegrim, Snikkety and 2 others like this.
  4. Loresinger Active Member

I wouldn't have objected to FG having been a 'true box' server, but it is what it is now.

As for the guild leveling, I doubt much of that has anything to do with boxing. The guild I joined is already in the 30s, not from anyone boxing, as most are not, but from selling familiar crates from the marketplace.
  5. Gnaff Active Member

So you would rather limit people boxing based on how many computer they can afford, rather than simply how many accounts they can afford ?
  6. Vlahkmaak Active Member

Outstanding: When I play over on EQ1 TLE I have to break out a laptop to box and I currently have limited desk space atm :)
  7. Vlahkmaak Active Member

Why should there be? If wee are actively playing the accounts what concern is it of anyone else? When I want to group I will group - when I cannot I will box.
  8. Revel Well-Known Member

There's also a difference between boxing and botting and its clear some people are doing the latter.
    Xephane, Snikkety and Draknox like this.
  9. Tajar Well-Known Member

Yeah, I two box frequently, which is allowed, botting is an entirely different thing.
    Xephane, Draknox and Prissetta like this.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

people are using station cash just to increase guild level ? Oo
    Xephane likes this.
  11. windozer Member

The ones I hate are the ones running around with a full group of obviously boxed characters. That is an advantage to the person boxing. Not to mention the fact if you tell me you can run 6 accounts cast spells/CA without a 3rd party program you are full of it. You cant possible click between 6 characters to within a second cast 6 spells/ca THAT is where I have a problem.

Yes you bought your account yippi, that doesnt make it okay for someone to use 3rd party software or hardware to operate 6 toons instantly "fair" could I do it...sure I have the computer to handle it and 3 others I could use. But I dont think it's right. Don't bother flaming me I am simply speaking my opinion. You are entitled to yours. If we differ in that opinion on this subject then so be it.
    Snikkety, CoLD MeTaL and Lagerale like this.
  12. Lagerale Member

Not only will I not flame you I'll applaud you and agree with you. I have no issues with someone actually playing multiple characters, as long as they do it 100% themselves. I boxed in other games (for me it killed the game because it made it trivial but that's me) and if you can handle doing it fine, but when I see a full group clearly on auto follow and all with the same type name and all working at the same time it's BS and I wish they could stop it.

That said FG is an all access only server as I recall, so they won't stop it because it's bringing in money and it's a business so I understand that, it's just kind of against everything the game was about when it launched and that's what this server is supposed to be, a throw back to when it launched.
  13. Testa23 New Member

Ive always wondered this. What is your definition of all at once? Cause i have my laptops set up for agnarr true boxing. Which means i 5 box with 5 10 key keyboards so i can hit my abilities on those laptops. It takes me literally seconds to tap 1 (send pet) 2 (nuke) on 4 of the 10 key keyboards. Then just repeat hiting 2 on each keypad. If u didnt know i had that set up, and if i was watching someone do the same thing in game id assume they were using a 3rd party program to broadcast.
    So how do you discern the acceptable amount of time before you see a toon do something?
  14. Lagerale Member

It's like how **** was described once, I can't explain it but I know it when I see it.

It's pretty obvious I wont hide that I don't believe you. 5 laptops, even set up in a line, to move your hands from one to the other if it takes one second (it doesn't it takes longer) you'd have a 5 second lag from one to the last. If it takes two seconds it would take 10 seconds from one laptop to the last. That's a noticeable lag between actions and I could easily see that. When I see constant fighting for several minutes and not even once is there any lag between actions it's a person who's using bot programs.

I've played MMO's since Eq1 launch, I have two boxed, I understand what it takes and what it would take to do five and if you are suggesting you can do it flawlessly I disagree. Again anyone who's done boxing understands at some time you will have a miss click, you will miss something hell it happens when playing normal. To watch groups of five act perfectly, never lag between casts, that's a bot.
  15. Testa23 New Member

Wasnt trying to be hostile was just asking a question. Also you misunderstand. I dont touch the laptops after logging in and /follow. They each have a usb 10 key keyboard plugged in. It takes literally no time to move my fingers a couple inchs to press each key. Its not efficent. It waste healer power. Dps doesnt do top tier dps and the only character that is even played fully is the tank but my point is from the outside once the pets are sent in and im just casting nukes/spam healing. All 5 are casting at the same time. I mean the easy solution i guess is report and let the gms figure it out. I was just asking what is your measure of ok these guys are all casting to close to each other im reporting.
  16. Albertine Member

This invertebrate pentopod with tentacle like arms flicking from keyboard to keyboard is a comic character for the ages, but also somewhat amazing. The problem with actual cheaters and semi-cheaters (a guild already at 50 on FG) is that they're boring human beings with no spine for a challenge, whoset own exploits ruin their own good time. I love my hard earned status points.
    Xephane likes this.
  17. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

DBG may not call that botting, but I do. Your using "software" to control the other characters.
  18. Testa23 New Member

Software? Keyboards are the def hardware
    Xephane and Snikkety like this.
  19. Nagash Member

how is it clear? are you an expert on botting? do you box? Do you understand how easy it is to box in EQ2, press one key and set off a macro that will do everything you need to do. EQ2 has the best auto follow out of any game i have every played. you can buy a cheap computer to play EQ2 or use an older system to play no problem.
    Xephane likes this.
  20. Melt Actually plays the game

It is incredibly easy to discern boxing from botting. I can box up to 3 toons at a time, with noticeable action delay, as I have to alt-tab between windows. It is simply not possible for someone to swap between 5 windows and use actions on them, regardless of the macro system. I saw one group that was using an obvious tabspam-path-kill-loot system, with 5 toons following them and casting at the exact same time. That is botting. Watching someone who pulls on a tank, then uses a heal, then send in a pet, then uses mage spells? That's boxing.