FFS Sort out raiding rangers dps devs :(

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-Candoor, May 20, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Candoor Guest

Ive been playing EQ1 since 99 and then moved on to EQ2 in 2004.
    Ive been raiding in eq2 (casual) since 2006 - and for the most part I have felt I was doing ok despite all the nay sayers and even considering all the nerfs over the years.
    Ok we were not quite within Assassin reach but zw overall used to be respectable compared to them and at the least be competing for top spot with Sin, Lock and Wizzies.
    Since SF - the guild sin does roughly 50-100% more dps than me Zonewide - not even mentioning the spike fights.
    Sin sits at 25-50k dps where my and our other ranger sit between 15-25k.
    Not only that but tonight I got resoundly beaten by Zerker, necro and almost by a dirge.
    Its been 3 months since your acknowledgement that rangers suck and your thumbs are still up your collective ***** with absolutely no communication since on progress / time lines.
    thanks so much for all the completely useless sh*t like a new starter zone - FIX OUR BROKEN CLASS - PLEASE.....
  2. ARCHIVED-Neiloch Guest

I can only hope someone like xelgad is just frantically working on class balance stuff right now. Compared to the other devs he hasn't said much on the forums in general.
    Was hoping the GU would come with some nice ranger fixes for my bday (28th) but so far it doesn't look like its happening. I've had the luxury of being significantly better equipped than the rest of the DPS in my guild so far. They have just started to approach my equipments quality and already matching me on the parse. Soon as they have the same stuff they will definitely be beating me. Especially the swash and assassin. Assassin is using leather pants because no scout ones have dropped, meanwhile I got T3 and hes isn't having a hard time keeping up.
    And no offense but its also kind of disheartening the OP hasn't been modded lol. I don't mind but I'm sure they would. Kind of sad when we can't even get attention from the forum police anymore.
  3. ARCHIVED-Candoor Guest

No offense taken mate - I fully respect I was being a bit rude there - was in the heat of the moment after a thoroughly depressing raid that just showed how badly we need attention. However I stand by my comments come what may - we know the reasonable approach has fallen on deaf ears so may as well vent some like a 10 year old at least that makes me feel better :p
    On trash combined in labs prior to named the assassin literally was 100% more dps than me. Granted he had a dirge and I did not but even then there is no way in hell we should have that large a gap.
    There has been so much information and suggestions shared eloquently and factually to give them areas to look at improving us and as it stands I'm simply not going to raid anymore on my ranger - its too damned depressing.
    (and btw for those reading tempted to suggest I learn my class / gear up etc... Im using tox bow/shoulders etc.. 100/100 crit/dbl atk, 40% potency, 70% crit bonus - typical AA spec for dps, have previously competed well enough - so I dont have crap gear and I am not doing something fundamentally wrong... Im not expecting top guild dps from my toon but I am expecting to compete with other T1 DPS classes who are equipped very much similar as my toon on our raids).