Fervor Proc on Ethereal Class adorns unbalanced / doesn't bypass cap?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Vlkodlak, Aug 11, 2017.

1. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Two things I was wondering upon reading the changes to the ethereal class adorns for some of the classes.

With reading of this change to fervor over the original potency:
    • Increases the Fervor of Sniper Shot by 100 (recast 5 min)
    • Increases the Fervor of Assassinate by 100 (recast 5 min)
    • Increases the Fervor of Fusion by 150 (recast 3 min)
    • Increases the Fervor of Curse of Darkness by 120 (recast 2 min)
    • Increases the Fervor of Blade Chime by 100 (recast 1 min)
    Just peaking over a sampling of the changes, wouldn't it be reasonable that the classes with the longest recasts have the larger fervor boost?

Also, is the boost granted to these specific spells capped at the current fervor cap, or does it bypass it?
  2. Fenin Member

Caith confirmed in discord yesterday the class adorn fervor buffs bypass the cap
  3. kluxor Well-Known Member

Moral of this story is that predators big hitter needs it recast reduced
  4. Entropy Well-Known Member

Recast time is usually somewhat coordinated with the base damage of something. That is, the hardest hitting stuff is in a long recast. See: Ascension, Fusion, etc etc.

The amount of fervor boost from these runes has nothing to do with that correlation and is a separate balancing issue.
  5. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Honestly when I first started this thread I was unaware of the disparity in the balance of both fervor and recasting times. Seeing them side by side does bring it into the limelight a bit more. I think the decision to use the class cloaks as the proc for the orange class adorn was poorly made. It wasn't a secret they were not working properly as class cloaks when released previously. I would gladly forgo the fervor boost to one spell for a static fervor boost to all spells for all classes. Make them equal across the board, and finally put to rest all of this nonsense of non functional class procs that are themselves outdated and or trivial.
    Mermut likes this.