Fens of Nathsar hates my Sarnak T_T

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by ColbyJack, Dec 13, 2012.

1. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I went to start my illusionist epic in Fens of Nathsar, and I made sure to do that one entrance quest so not everything would want to kill me. I completed the quest... and everything wants to kill me.
    I'm still listed at -40k faction with Riliss, and seeing all these quests offered amongst aggro guards and mobs is a touch surreal.

It's not a massive deal for me, since I'm 80 and I can pretty much kick their lizardy butts, but anyone of proper level trying to do this zone is going to find it awfully hard.
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

I'll head over to Fens see if I have the same issue. Lore wise... it makes perfect sense the Iksar hate your Sarnak.
  3. JanEQ Active Member

There are two quests to do ... one to raise your faction with Bathezid and the other to raise your faction with Riliss ... which one did you do?
  4. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

The Riliss one.
    I'm pretty sure I didn't do it wrong, since it's "kill 6 rhinos, kill 6 chickens, kill 5 sabretooths".
  5. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Sarnaks have to use an illusion for Rillis and Iskars need one for Bethasids. At least they do on the crafting side of things and I'm pretty sure it carries over to the adventure side as well.
  6. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

Though I've never played a Sarnak before this character, I have run the Kunark zones multiple times on multiple classes. The quest offered at the Kylong zone line promises you'll be non-KOS to Riliss and the wandering patrols upon completion of that first quest, nothing else has ever been involved before.
    The adventuring is a little different from the crafting timeline.
  7. JanEQ Active Member

There is a hit to Riliss faction if you've killed any Iksar in the Fens. Check your faction and see what it is. Also, killing Sarnshak (near the black panther area gives you 100 Riliss faction per kill.
  8. ColbyJack Well-Known Member

I have killed nothing in the Fens of Nathsar except for the 11 mobs needed for that one quest, as well as enough to do my illusionist epic, but as I recall the Fishmen only give positive faction when killed.
    Either way, I'm done with the zone. It's just extremely odd to now have any issues at all with it, and with faction. I'm tempted to see if any of my other classes haven't yet done it and can see if it's just my big ugly Sarnak, or if something did go awry with the quest.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've run the Fens with my Sarnak and I don't have to run an illusion to keep them from being KoS on me after doing the first faction quest.
  10. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Not to argue the point, cause I well and truley don't know...but if you played a Sarnak class with a buff with a shapeshfting component, it might have been what caused it to seem like they liked you ;)
    DIsclaimer: I don't know if the adventure side had it like the TS side nor do I know if those buffs would even count. Just trying to help solve a mystery :)
  11. Guiscard Active Member

The TS quests made me use an illusion for my iksar in Bathezid. But only the TS quest - he could get all the other quests without an illusion - I am assuming it would be the same for Rilliss.
  12. Mystfit Well-Known Member

Well, then I guess the mystery remains unsolved!