[Female Avatars] How did we go from . . .

Discussion in 'Look and Feel' started by ARCHIVED-LordFyre, May 29, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-WeatherMan Guest

I heard a good idea from an ex-player (who left for many reasons, the clothes being but one), an idea that utilizes a supposedly promised design. The design in question? The garb worn by Antonia Bayle. This argument (thankfully) is for non-metal armors, obviously, so let us not bring up the 'platemail bikini' merry-go-round here. As the idea was related to me, it goes thusly: At level X (whatever the level is - he suggested no LESS than level 50), the quest for this garb becomes available. It will be available in two sorts of material. One is cloth, for spellcasters, and the other is leather, for druids, brawlers, and any others who are willing to take a step down from metal armor for this garment. He is of the opinion that making it a raid item is an extraordinarily BAD idea (and I very much agree with him). The quest is multi-part - perhaps a Heritage quest, allowing one to obtain the different pieces at various stages along the way. The type of armor, although all possessing the same basic appearance, would differ in two ways. One, the cloth outfits would be of a slightly more 'matte' appearance, or perhaps that of silk - basically, at its base level, it would exactly resemble Antonia's. The leather outfits would have a slightly thicker, yet more 'shimmery' appearance. To keep the 'realism' crowd happy/at bay/etcetera, no metal version is offered - non-brawler fighters, scouts, and clerics get the leather version, and they'll like it - so there. Perhaps the leather version also comes with legchap graphics in place of the skirt. The second difference is color - and this is a completely optional step. For some reason, no one has been able to replicate the deep aqua-blue color of Antonia's outfit...thus, the colors as they appear denote class...deep green for druids, red for conjurers, black for necromancers, silver and gold for enchanters, white for monks, that funky purple-brown for bruisers (same color as their starting gi), yellow-green for warlocks, sky blue for wizards, and so on and so forth. Appearance-wise, it's stylish, attractive, and most of all, its canonical. I don't think its a bad idea at all.