Feldon's Fan Sites: A Norrathian Spotlight

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Finora Well-Known Member

About time! :)
    Feldon likes this.
  2. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

This spotlight is well deserve and long overdue.

EQ2U is completely indispensable (with the addition of the quest log being especially useful to me) and EQ2Wire is my go-to place for opinion on EQ2 - his comments are always balanced but take properly into account fairness and the importance of player experience. He was also an incredible voice and support during the ill-fated 'European Players' business.

Keep it Feldon - You Rock!
    Prissetta and Feldon like this.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Who is this Feldon? Why have I never heard of him till now? Does he support duck mounts?

The EQ2U site looks nifty though, perhaps I will check it out one day!
    Prissetta, Lateana and Feldon like this.
  4. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Feldon and his sites are awesome sources of information...the time and effort he puts into consolidating news from the various outlets SOE uses to communicate are invaluable, and the data he and Dethdlr make accessible through EQ2U is crazy useful. It's very cool to see it being recognized...thanks Feldon!
    Prissetta, Dethdlr and Feldon like this.
  5. Ratza Well-Known Member

Congrats Feldon....EQ2Wire and EQ2U are both my go-to sites for info. Thank you for all that you do!
  6. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Feldon!

Yes, use your sites all the time!
    Feldon likes this.
  7. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Many thanks Feldon and Dethdlr for the excellent websites !!!!
    Feldon and Dethdlr like this.
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

Thank you all so much for the kind words. It's an honor to contribute to the EQ2 community and I wish I had even more time to do everything I'd like to do. I have some pretty lofty ideas. ;)

It's still amazing to think about running around Vegas catching all these panels for the last 7 years while trying to visit with players, chat with EQ2 devs, and maybe stop and have something to drink or eat once in a while! SOE Live is the hardest work I do each year, but also the most fun. I could not do it without my partner (who got me into EQ2 in the first place!) or the support of friends and guildmates who visit Vegas year after year. We were very fortunate to have 7 members of our guild at SOE Live last year!

EQ2U has been a team effort from day one. Dethdlr and I talk almost every day about things we'd like to add, concepts for improvements, or just what's going on in the EQ2 world. At first I didn't know a whole lot about databases and the MVC/OOP programming required, so I focused on the visuals, the concept of each page, the HTML and CSS necessary to display everything. I still mostly do that, but sometimes I tinker with the trickier stuff. I don't break stuff nearly as often as I used to! Dethdlr and I have interesting discussions and debates but have become good friends, and the end result is we've got the kind of EQ2 Players type site we are extremely proud of.

I hope I've got the energy and desire to be covering EQ2 news and supporting EQ2U for another 7 years!
    Prissetta, Afista_DG and Dethdlr like this.
  9. Arcos Active Member

So do we :)
    Ratza and Feldon like this.
  10. Sharann Well-Known Member

At last!

Feldon, EQ2Wire has been the first site I log into in the morning for years now. Your articles are spot-on and you ask the right questions. The tools are of great help as well. What you have been doing for the community is awesome. So a big thank you! :cool:

p.s. Thanks Afista for the great article!
  11. Dethdlr Active Member

I'd like to add my thanks to Feldon as well. The amount of time and effort he spends making sure the rest of us stay informed about the world of Norrath is truly amazing. I'm proud to have been able to contribute a small part myself. There have been over 3,000 articles published on EQ2Wire, only 150 of them are mine. It's hard to believe that this April marks 5 years since my first article. There has been a time or two when Feldon needed a break and I've been able to keep the lights on for him, but that's about all. I don't hold a candle to our editor in chief. He's always managed to come back re-energized and continued to provide the content we all enjoy reading.

As Feldon said, EQ2U has been a team effort. We often refer to my versions of pages as the "ransom note version". :) I can wire them up and get them functional, but you'd all be gouging your eyes out from looking at them if it weren't for Feldon. And as he mentioned, he's dabbling more and more into the back end programming parts these days as well in areas like recipes, gear report, etc.

It's been a pleasure working with Feldon these past years and I also hope I've got it in me to continue for years to come. :)
    Prissetta, Shmogre and Feldon like this.
  12. Heinzy Active Member

Well done Feldon.
    I use your resources frequently
    /salute
    Feldon likes this.
  13. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

Thank you Feldon and Dethdlr for all your hard work! I check EQ2U and EQ2Wire daily and can't imagine not having them around! EQ2U makes things much easier to keep track of for altoholics like me. ;)
    Dethdlr and Feldon like this.