Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Estred, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Quabi Active Member

You did! You maybe also missed me mentioning the STA debuff fiasco.

The 90 minute lockout makes it hard to keep heroic zones relevant for any amount of time. Even if they have rare loot and/or 350 token grinds, people will just power through it super fast.
  2. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Actually I'd been thinking of places like Kedge Keep. I was a wizard.so I lived there for a rather long time. Pulling Phinny solo was a talent that I once had perfected.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think 90 minutes may be fine for a Solo Zone (if that) though I feel 3 hours is better. Maybe not 18 like it used to be but defenitly between 6-12 hours for a Heroic zone. Maybe a player can run one zone twice a day. That is my idea of a more lasting Heroic Content.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  4. Avianna Well-Known Member

Most of the people I have talked to that left were all one simple reason Station Cash. The idea of having a sub based game and then adding a store on top of it. They felt (as do I) that they pay for the game and should get ALL the game included and should not have to pay extra for the other stuff. Which (by the way) started out as fluff and now will be offering lvl 85 characters Oct 1st. I look back to my posts of when SC was first introduced and somehow I told you so just doesn't quite cut it......

The F2P Idea is good, copper and silver away...(or in SOE's case gold and platinum). The subscription idea is good Include the entire game into one monthly sub that includes EVERYTHING. The two ideas mixed together is a horrible idea and is the primary reason why most of my gold sub friends have left for other games.
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

WoW did the same...you could buy fluff pets and such. Never heard anyone there complaing "but but but HE got a panda pet and I didn't*. If you want something from the store so bad it makes you jealous...yeah, maybe you should be on a server that doesn't have the store.
  6. Ladymist Well-Known Member

Holy Buffrats Batman, that is a Very good point. SOE lost scores of players off that month+ shutdown. I know over half my guild then never returned
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

As did the one I was in lost members. Two full guilds at the time folded if my memory is right from the Guk Server. I still remember guilds like Has Gone Linkdead being around.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  8. Avianna Well-Known Member

Hmmm.... I think someone may be suffering from ID 10 T factor here, nowhere did I mention jealousy nor was jealousy a relevant part of my post yet you completely missed the entirety of the point which is: Either of the two methods for generating profits are good but both of them together are bad. I hope that is simple enough for you to comprehend and not misunderstand and misrepresent my point.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  9. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Exactly. And it will not stop at Heroic Characters, either.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  10. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Two things are good but together they are bad? Explain.

Personally I know vinegar and hydrogen peroxide are both good disinfectants. Put together...wash with vinegar then peroxide, they will even kill salmonella...much better together

Will patiently wait for explanation.
  11. Shadrac Well-Known Member

I don't know what you're talking about. Can you be more specific and quote me please?
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

Something should be said about how they chose to adopt EQ1 content was very lacking.

Example: TOFS in EQ1 was one of the best zones I ever played in an MMO. TOFS in EQ2 is about my least favorite zone I ever played and the damn game forces me to play it over and over. I'm still doing this aweful zone to get recruits debuffs cause of PoW still being relevant.

Kael is another fine example of not understanding what made the original content awesome and adopting a very pale imitation that came well short.

The game started out making good adaptations that captured the essence of what made EQ1 great. The original difficulty of heritage quests was great, but the meeting and what comes in as signature quests now are simply aweful in comparison.
    Wirewhisker and Kalika like this.
  13. Kalika Well-Known Member

Crit mitgation was not such an issue but what i disliked in DOV was the absurb stat inflation.
    The game really needs badly a gear reset. We are sitting now at 600% CB and 600% potency ?
    that's 36 times the usual damage ... madness.

The reason why new people do not stay is not the game quality, it's the fact that they are alone in an empty world.
    I guilded 3 people recently, to provide them with amenities and to show them than Eq2 is more than trivial soloing (solo mob are so easy that you can level to 90 using auto attack ad a mage). All 3 liked the game, but they won't stay since they don't want to play alone.
  14. Ladymist Well-Known Member

Point them to a populated server then
  15. Gilasil Active Member

Actually in EQ1 if you knew what you were doing and were careful, you could usually avoid aggroing other rooms. It was one thing which seperated the good players (not just those with good gear) from the bad players (even if they had good gear).

I also missed that in EQ1 there was real skill involved in pulling. Much more so then in EQ2. Basically, in EQ1 there was another role which doesen't exist in EQ2 -- the puller. Nowadays the tank is expected to do that along with everything else, presumably because it doesn't take much.
  16. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

17. Raff Well-Known Member

We left for nearly a year to go play GW2. Same for TERA, DDO and Rift, though those only lasted a month or so. Came back though. No game to date is the equal to EQ2, IMO.

Will probably give TESO a try if it ever comes out. In the meantime, there is still new content in EQ2.

EQ2 is like...home base for a bunch of wanderers. We may leave for a bit, but we'll be back.
    Wirewhisker, Kuulei and Deveryn like this.
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

Just a thought.

IF Gold Sub was say $20 (I know it's an increase) but covered all expansions ever released, both current and those to come would you buy it?
    If Silver Sub was only Fabled and Master Spell restricted instead of Leg+ would it be worth it to save the sub cost even if you had to buy the most recent expansions?

SOE has said they want to offer all Expansions at no cost, however as it stands I feel the sub would have to go up to cover that cost, however it means that a Gold Sub gets it all, no restrictions and no further purchase needed, they get 500 SC a month so even the Cash Shop is free for them.
  19. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I think most people that blame the SC store for making them leave were just looking for an excuse to leave. I followed a couple of friends around, hopping from game to game after EQ2. They've never since found anything that was as interesting to them. I didn't care much for anything else out there either.

Even with the introduction of these heroic characters, I still don't believe we're on any kind of slippery slope. The store is still mostly full of fluff and optional goodies to move things along, but not to win the game. Money still can't buy the skill and patience needed to get through that endgame content. One shot at bypassing the boring part of the game to get to 10 levels below cap is not the end of the world and I believe it would be better if it included at least one free month of gold time. All the evil of SOE is in people's heads. It's this attitude being spread around that brings about the end of the game. If people stop worrying about all these changes and simply accept them for what they are, they might enjoy the game again.
    Raff likes this.
  20. Estal Well-Known Member

Its just the latest step in a repeating pattern,

Crafting bots where rampant = SoE made crafting easier than setting up a bot to do it.
    3rd party sites selling plat where rampant = SoE introduced legalized RMT and started handing out "free" plat.
    Pl'ing and ignoring low level content is rampant = SoE introduces heroic characters.
    And so on.
    Wirewhisker likes this.