Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Smallcorners, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

The VoV prelude event: There either needs to be more of the Mara Resin jars, or they need to be on a faster timer. It is near impossible on AB to find one and the spots are getting camped.
    Lateana likes this.
  2. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I have yet to see one on Skyfire either.
  3. Tkia Well-Known Member

You do have one of the crafting quests in your journal, don't you? I did this the other day with 27 people in the zone and had no issues finding resin.
  4. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Yes, I had the quests. And it matters what those 27 people are doing like shopping, hopping in an out of the instances, standing AFK, actually doing Mara stuff, or running around looking for resin.
  5. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I had the quests too. I wasn't able to get any jars until about 1 AM :(
  6. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I found it ultimately faster and less possible to consume rare mats by just running to the islands and doing the click box quest at the start of the zone. you get 6 coins with membership and they only take like a minute.
    Hartsmith likes this.
  7. Frubar Member

Have you tried looking in the village across the waterway? Near Qho Augren's house where you get the pack pony? I think there are only a couple of locations around the dock.
  8. Almee Well-Known Member

This would be a nice prelude if there were more pots of resin. I try to play during non-peak hours, usually from 7am to 9 or 10am, and I still have others getting the pots while I'm trying to collect them. I end up standing around waiting for people to finish and the pots to re-spawn. It is a total pain.

The other problem is trying to collect an ingredient or fuel in pots next to houses. It is far harder than collecting the strands like we did in Teren's Gap. I got so nauseous I had to log off. I know it seems like a good idea, but when there is only a pot in every four locations you search, due to other players collecting pots, going round and round the village is like trying to read while traveling in a car. Which is the next problem--the spawn rate.

The spawn rate is bad even if there is no competition for pots. I played a game of Freecell while waiting for a re-spawn. That totally ruins the immersion in the game. And if you are using Potions of Crafting Progress, you have to harvest at least 60 pots (180 resins) to make it worthwhile using the potion. I get so sick I have to collect one day and craft another. I never had that problem in Teren's Gap.
  9. Komatus Well-Known Member

Just read your post and immediately went over to Mara. Harvested 105 resin in 7 minutes flat. I am on Skyfire. If you are on Skyfire, I can give those to you. Let me know. :)
  10. Almee Well-Known Member

I'm on Maj 'Dul which is why I try to play during non-peak hours. The server can be a mad house at times.
  11. Komatus Well-Known Member

I have a toon there but he is a pitiful little level 12 guy. Don't know if he can even do those quests...lol.:)
  12. Komatus Well-Known Member

Just went to Maj'Dul with my 12th level guy(level 20 provisioner) and harvested 138 resin in 10 minutes. You can have them if you want them.
    Schmetterling and Breanna like this.
  13. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Komatus the resin is needed for a crafting quest .
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Komatus Well-Known Member

Yep, I know. Just trying to help out.;)
    Schmetterling likes this.