Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mercychalice, May 20, 2020.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

For any overseer quest, and especially for the ones on the list in the city, can you please add identifiers as to what type of quest each one is? Common? Legendary? Mythical? I can't tell. I have to go off a list I found on EQ2 Wiki's page, which is nuts for me to remember where to find every time I want to buy more quest charges. A proposed color tint on the icon based on quest type (Cyan, Purple, Yellow, Green) with the addition of Quest Rarity: ____ in the information box would be fantastic. Thanks for reading!
  2. Yenk Active Member

Not really a disaster. Mouseover the quests shows two numbers at the top. 1 and 1 are blue quests, 1 and 2 are yellow quests, 1 and 3 are purple ones (only exception: the purple quest *Eliminate Venekor* shows 1 and 2).

There are more important things in life. For example more hotbars in the standard-UI, buyable for a lot of DB cash.
    I'm waiting for years for this!
    Xianthia likes this.
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

A workaround that's helping me with that issue - and, in no way meaning as your suggestion wouldn't be a good change to that merchant!

Maybe others can chime in with how they are dealing with it.

I buy multiple sets of the charged quests I'm going to be doing on an alt*. For example, five charges of Liberate Lady Laravale, five charges of Eliminate Warlord Ix Acon and then only launch one set of the quests at a time. The last set never gets used as a reminder of which ones to purchase from npc, rather than have to read the descriptors.
    Breanna and Yenk like this.
  4. Melkior Well-Known Member

I've thought a cleaner implementation would just to be to make each season it's own tab. Each tab would retain it's quests when you move to the next season. The limit on past seasons would just be that you can only have 10 active quests in the tab (running and on cooldown combine). It seems that would be much cleaner. You wouldn't have to buy 0c items or keep track of which ones you prefer to run.
    One other nice addition to the window might be a 'Hide Quest' option to reduce clutter.
    Mermut, Zynt, Xianthia and 1 other person like this.
  5. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

You'd seriously spend DB cash for more hotbars? I have 7 on my screen and that's with a big monitor - default UI goes up to 10, why would you need more?

If it's because you use different bars for different layouts, try creating a few macro's and using the slash commands (/savehotkeys <filename>; /loadhotkeys <filename>)

For example, I first used /savehotkeys Wulf_Etherealist_HK and /save_uisettings Wulf_Etherealist (have a couple things in slightly different spots, so this saves time).
    Then I created a two-line macro titled Etherealist and put that one my "button swap" hotbar:
    • /load_uisettings Wulf_Etherealist
    • /loadhotkeys Wulf_Etherealist_HK
    Create one for each Ascension you use - you can do similar things that will swap between your Solo, Heroic Group, Crafting, and Harvesting gear layouts, too.

Note: Remember to update your saved templates whenever you rearrange the bars, or when you switch to a different layout, it will revert; changes aren't "auto-saved."
  6. dorotea Well-Known Member

I agree with a separate tab per season.

Please, please get rid of the Kelethin-only "reward" of scores of harvestables, one unit each, many no longer even in the game. They are a huge annoyance to have to delete item by item and even with the store depot they fill it up fast.
    Zynt likes this.
  7. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

The tab idea is brilliant. Especially if they continue the trend and we get charged quests for each season.
    Breanna and Mermut like this.