[Feedback] Please Return Spotted Baby Bovoch Shrink

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chienne-Errante, Apr 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tabri Well-Known Member

I also purchased this for the shrink effect my fae looked so awesome being so tiny and I just got it this year not in 2017 :(

I dont understand what the problem is being tiny unless they are trying to bring pvp back maybe in the future? I see it only being an issue in a pvp environment I cant really fathom how it could be an exploit otherwise so maybe some clarification would be nice besides the excuse of "it wasnt intended".
    Robynous and Feldon like this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

And only now, 3 years later, decided it was 'wrong' as implimented? Despite the description matching the effect?
    Robynous, Rosyposy, Gillymann and 4 others like this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

Except that doesn't make sense to be a pet effect. It's an individual pet. They can make it as large or small as they like. They didn't need to assign it a default size and shrink it. Now if it shrinks other pets you have summoned by 90% that's a different story.
    Robynous, Chienne-Guk and Rosyposy like this.
  4. FracasKrusher Active Member

PLEASE RESET THIS AS IT WAS BEFORE BEING "fixed"

This is UTTERLY unbelievable
    Robynous, Chienne-Guk and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

[IMG]
    • Shrinks caster by 90%
    • Summons a Pet Spotted Baby Bovoch
    Important to note that that Effects are flavor text. They are not programmatic. A designer hand-wrote that descriptive text. The actual spell effect (which we can't see) would be some kind of scripting.
  6. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

The propensity of this company to needlessly p*** off customers is epic.

P.S. Also, please stop all the lying - Thanks.
  7. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I wonder if the change is due to some new exploit that they are not at liberty to reveal (for fear that others will learn about the jist). Perhaps, people are using the shrink to use zone geometry to avoid melee hits/spells or artificially lowering aggro range.

It's funny how certain negative Nancys (same people) quickly return to the forums with pitchforks for one issue after several positive changes in EQ2 (i.e. Diaku Corral, free Mendalah Hopewing mount, Overseer fixes, crates introduced in game).
  8. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

It's possible that the devs found a new exploit involving the shrink mechanism.
  9. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

I can tell you for my own experience that mobs aggro to me in my tiny form the same as they do in my regular form. Not a single bit of difference. I'd wondered the same thing; if I could sneak past a mob to get a shiny any better if I were smaller. Nope, mob still turned me into a crimson stain on the ground.

I understand you may be looking for a reason, but I honestly don't believe there is one. I believe they intended to fix the size of all of the bovoch pets, fixed one and did a copy paste on the others without looking at the Spotted pet effect. It got FUBAR'd and now it was "Never intended".

If there were an exploit, it would have been very easy to just say, there was an issue with the shrink, we're looking at alternatives. But, instead we get gaslighting and lies. I do not blame Dreamwaver because I'm sure his orders come from elsewhere, he's just the messenger so all he can do is pass along what was told to him. I just want to be sure that whoever does give those orders gets the idea that this is not the way to proceed in order to restore player faith.

I want to be clear on something else. I love this game. It's the only MMO I play and the only one I intend to play. I have purchased every expac and even got the lifetime membership. I don't want to step away from this game, but I have not enjoyed so many aspecs of Blood of Luclin (namely how crafters were shafted), but I was finding other ways to have fun in game. My little spark of enjoyment at seeing my tiny toon running around Norrath was just ripped away with zero warning and crappy explanations.
  10. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

My theory is people were using bovoch shrink to hide their avatars in zone geometry (rocks probably) to nullify fear or other effects.

It may not have been communicated clearly or they didn't want to give players ideas. Unfortunately, everyone is looking for an advantage in EQ2. There are strats that tell people to move to certain spots. lol.
  11. Chienne-Errante Well-Known Member

Yeah, I might put some stock in that if we weren't lied to from the start. Don't tell your players that an appearance was never intended if it was clearly written and has been in game for years. As I said, it would have been very easy to just say there were issues. But, they didn't do that, so there's no excuse for them now. No, I don't believe there was ever any exploit and I don't want to give them the excuse to use, because it's crap.

Mobs don't really need your geometry to aggro / stun / fear year. You're their hated target and that's pretty much it (in my own experience). If it was an issue in an instance, well that is easily solved. Just like in PQ's, your shrink / illusions don't work, so that could be solved the same way. Until a red named gives a real answer as to what happened, I absolutely refuse to believe this is anything more than just trying to cover for either laziness or incompetence.
  12. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

The exact mechanism is using your shrunken character to hide in a rock to really negate the "run" effect of fear.

It would be a repeatable tactic that is equivalent of pulling Oceanus the Titan into the water tunnel to negate the run effect of fear in Awuidor: The Nebulous Deep. (To players, this is fine. To devs, this may be unintended gameplay).
    Corydonn likes this.
  13. Ratala Active Member

I log for lunch and come back to see one of the most truthful posts has vanished.

It was a post from Feldon, the one above the picture of the spotted baby bovoch where it basically said that he and Massively Overpowered were burned and now it looks like it is Niami's turn.

Now truth can't be told?
    Robynous, Argosunited, Tkia and 3 others like this.
  14. Nawtey Active Member

You really don't play this game, or you would know it's perfectly legal to hide in a rock. There's even a piece of equipment that makes it easy.

\aITEM 681557833 166204943:Cloak of the Harvester\/a

[IMG]

Also if you played the game instead of created fantastical theories you would know there are adorns that negate Fear, Stun, Stifle, and other debilities that are trivial to get.
    Argosunited, Tkia, Feldon and 3 others like this.
  15. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

I have a whole entire red rune that negates Fear, also have one for stifle, stun, and mez. All I have to do is click an ability button, remove the rune currently equipped, and then pop in whichever rune I need. Or have 4 belts with each rune equipped into a separate belt.

"You have become better at straw grasping 589."
    Robynous, Jaeded and Rhodris like this.
  16. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Ah figures it had something to do with raiders~

I do know size change spells did affect AE auto attack in some capacity back in 2011 and I'm not sure if anything was ever changed. This came to mind after you said someone might be exploiting stuff with it and you weren't at liberty to say. When your model is bigger it seems to extend the reach of AE auto attack for both players and mobs attacking with it so while I was using a grow cloak my allies were much easier at getting in the arc of being hit by AE autos but when tanking as a smaller model AE autos were a lot more contained. I imagine a shrunken raid would make a memory wipe/AE auto attack far less dangerous if that is still a mechanic as well.

If anything they can just prevent size change abilities in raid/group zones like they did battlegrounds if people exploiting is a problem while letting the cosmetics run wild in overland/town areas.
    Jaeded, Chienne-Guk, Quillyne and 2 others like this.
  17. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

There's a difference. That cloak's illusion will "suspend during combat." Whereas, bovoch shrink maintains size through combat and utilizes zone geometry (walls).

Furthermore, devs have not clarified if that is intended gameplay - specifically, to use zone geometry to negate run effect of fear.

[IMG]

Says "Until Cancelled".
  18. Tegdaian Member

Ooooooh, careful Nawtey! they might "change" that one now if Benito starts ranting about that one being an exploit!
    Rhodris, Ratala and Rosyposy like this.
  19. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Your assessment seems like a game changer!
  20. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Except, like has been mentioned several times, you can still get to shrink cap with a multitude of other options. For Tunare's sake. SMH.
    Tkia, Feldon, Ratala and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.