Discussion in 'Priests' started by Obzidian, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Obzidian Lore Lover & Innoruuk Enthusiast

Verdict has been, historically, a class defining ability. Its was definitely one of the unique flavor abilities of the class.
    Now, however, Verdict (raid version) is accessible to any class because its easy for people to get Thaumaturgy and the importance of particular ascension class is declining. (I actually really like this idea. I didn't like ascensions very much!)

However, Tainted Mutation is essentially a better verdict these days because it both reduces potency and lasts longer. Meanwhile, inquisitors have to put aas in to get a 15 second version that does the same thing. Can we please make the inquisitor aas make verdict last longer. It doesn't even have to be 6 minutes. 1 minute would be fine! Something that makes it more comparable to tainted mutation so that a class defining, flavor ability isn't available to everyone.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk!
    Obzidian
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Smashey, Kari, Miragian and 2 others like this.
  2. Obzidian Lore Lover & Innoruuk Enthusiast

As you increase Tainted Mutation, it continues to outperform verdict because you get 6 minutes of 16.8% potency reduction AND a higher % than verdict. Tune on Discord had this suggestion: Suggestion: with AA when a raid mob falls below 10% they receive a combat mit debuff quickening their descent to death and triple the duration.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Smashey and Bhayar like this.
  3. Miragian Well-Known Member

Verdict is way past ready for a Verdict II, I think its one of only a handful of spells that still are in full use without an upgrade from their 50-60 range original. Even if its 120, you could make it significantly stronger then Tainted Mutation, giving Inquisitors their class ability back. Maybe 5% health at max rank, longer duration, group/raid buffs, mob deffs of some kind thrown in?

Added bonus if you would teach the mercs to use it but, that's just a stretch goal.
    Bhayar likes this.
  4. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Agree to all of this. It's way over due. I really liked the idea Dune had on Verdict that Obzidian mentioned in her post.
  5. Obzidian Lore Lover & Innoruuk Enthusiast

Things I'd love:
    - A little more time on its duration. I understand verdict is better, but 6 minutes vs 10 seconds is a significant difference. Even 30 seconds would be nice. Just give us a little more time economy for the ability so we can pull the trigger just a little earlier and have room if we need to do other things.
    - Potentially when it kills a target it puts a short term buff or ward on the group. Not useful, sure, at the end of a single raid encounter but plenty useful in groups and solo. This is a core inquisitor ability and has a lot of flavor.
    - Please a higher level with less resistance.