[Feedback] New Item Window and XP Potions

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, May 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Eek; that can be an issue, since we have a Collectible "a vampiric incisor" as well for the Nights of the Dead mega-collection. The main way I could tell the difference between the two is that one was definitely for Lore and Legend. :-/

Uwk
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I don't know if this is a new issue as the result of the labeling shake-up or not, but information for macros in our hot bars on Test doesn't show up when we mouse over them; I've always had to actually go into Edit them to remember which ones they are. Is that something I did in Options, or a glitch (before I do a /bug report on it that might not be the case ;->)?

Uwk
  3. Thart Developer

I do observe the behavior you're talking about. If we were writing it from scratch today it would be best to refine the layout heuristics to handle more icon position and comparison chaining cases, but changing those now runs the risk of turn into a whole 'nother big project :/ Good news is, moving the window with the item you're mousing over closer to the screen corner will give the tooltip layout routine a hint to scoot the tooltips windows elsewhere.

It's always useful to have specific items to verify with, thank you! :D

Were you using the "hold ctrl to compare" setting, perchance? If so, I think it's likely the next build should have this fixed.

I wasn't able to reproduce this, either on the latest or on a build with the fix for what Niami temporarily reverted. I'm seeing that the usual behavior, in both the socials window and on the hotbar, macros will list all their commands, unless there is a spell/ability cast in the macro (at which point the ability description takes over).

If you're still having problems with it on the next build, def worth reporting with some more detail :)

---

Thanks again, y'all!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Once I do the Examine bit with the macro, then yes, everything shows up, but not when I hover over it with the cursor; it's like the equivalent of a tooltip isn't showing up for it. Even just the name of the macro would be helpful, but it isn't even showing that. :-/

But for all I know, it might be an Option thing I'd done...

Uwk
  5. Thart Developer

I pulled some characters from live to see if there were some macro combinations I wasn't trying out, but no dice. I'm inclined to think that there is some option causing it since (aside from some knock-on affects which have since been fixed, like spell descriptions being truncated), the macro tooltips were left untouched.

Maybe a previously-active UI mod set a cvar that's causing this? Making a backup copy of your eq2_recent.ini from the install directory and then deleting eq2_recent.ini might be illuminating.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Interesting theory! Except the only change I've ever made to the default UI was to change it back from the new "wow, that looks like drying spilled blood! :D" back to the soothing original dark blue. ;->

But I'll give that a shot; it does seem to happen only on Test. :-/

Uwk
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Possibly rezzing a zombie post, but while we're fixing label problems, can we PLEASE BE HONEST about the Twelfth Anniversary Celebration Mount? The incorrect data (and yep, I've /bugged, /petitioned, etc. several times when it was first noticed) indicate that you only need to be 10th level, either adventuring or crafting, to be able to ride it, when in reality, it's up to level 35 in either instead. :-/

Thart, please, could you, or Kaitheel, or someone else who cares (gotta be more than two of you ;->), please correct this misinformation? :(

Uwk
    Juraiya likes this.
  8. Thart Developer

Is it that you can't ride it at all, or that you can't fly it with a level 10?

Maybe I'm not testing correctly or I'm misinterpreting what you're saying, but I gave it a spin and it doesn't seem like the labeling is incorrect. I was able to summon the Twelfth Anniversary Mount as a level 10 adventurer and ride, but not fly it. After bumping to level 35 I was able to fly as well.

Looking in the game data, I can see where the level 10 and the level 35 restrictions come from, and they're for different things that match what I observed: Level 35 being the general restriction on what level you have to be for flying mounts, and level 10 for being able to summon the Twelfth Anniversary Celebration Mount specifically.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Symona like this.
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Thart, level 10 characters are able to fly on Sunbrite Clothwork Pegasus. I'm pretty sure they used to be able to fly on the Twelfth Anniversary Celebration Mount as well.
  10. Thart Developer

Ah, that's something we'll have to look at then. Thank you for pointing it out!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Flatline Well-Known Member

Thart, can we get it - now that apparently we cant get rid of it :) - to show what youve actually reforged INTO.

Also, the order is just a pain, seriously. things needs to be in teh same spot, for quick inspection. I would be happy with blank spots for things that isnt present on an item, just to get them in the same order EVERY SINGLE time.
  12. Thart Developer

Hi Flatline, thanks for the feedback. I'm submitting a change in ordering/layout that should get picked up in the next patch.

For reforging, we did discuss this while going over feedback from the other thread and from PMs sent to Kander. In case you haven't had a chance to check it out in detail: As of the most recent patch you can now hover over the stats now, so it should tell you whether a stat was modified because of infusion, reforging, experimentation, or any combination thereof.

I also saw a bug report that mentioned experimentation needs to accomodate stat grouping. I did work on this which should have gone out a patch or two ago, so if you see it misbehaving definitely lmk!
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes, indeed, we did used to be able to fly at 10th on the Twelfth Anniversary Celebration Mount, be it adventurer or crafter level. When we suddenly weren't able to any more, we weren't even allowed to call it up AT ALL as even a ground mount until 35, and since there was no warning about this, there were quite a lot of /bug reports flying about. We can summon it now as a ground mount before level 35, but I still either want the flying functionality of it restored to that of the Sunbrite Clothwork Pegasus, or for truth in advertising in the labeling. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  14. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Additionally, while this IS on Test now, the examine for the mount still only lists the level 10 requirement. If it is truly being changed to 35 to fly, that should be mentioned somewhere in the item examine.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

This is definitely true. :-/

And I must apologize, Rosy; I never intended to muck things up for the Sunbrite riders. :(

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  17. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I thought I was the one who mucked it up by mentioning it... :eek:
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

One has to wonder if they offered the level 10 Leaper "mount" tuchis-kicker thing for Fallen Gate achievements as a response to the Sunbrite flyer at 10th, and that they never really intended us to fly that young. Sigh. :(

Still, they need to change the text on them both if they're going to change the feature(s) ("You removed the gravestones, but you didn't move the bodies?!"); just do something like "call it up at 10th, fly at 35th" or so, in proper dev-speak. ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  19. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm actually kind of ticked about it. Especially since we are now unable to use any appearance mount if that mount happens to be the one we're using.

The 12th anniversary mount had already been broken in this manner. @Thart, did you take Rosy's feedback, and assume both should now be level 35 to use? When RtT came out, we were actually promised a flying mount that we would be able to fly at level 10, if we got a character to level 20 within a specific period of time. Getting to level 20 on that server was HARD, and I wouldn't have bothered at all if not for that promised mount. Taking it away from it is like promising someone chocolate cake for dessert, then giving him oatmeal. (Not that I don't like oatmeal, but it doesn't compare to chocolate cake.) The fact is that it's a bait and switch, because the promise was that it would be flyable at level TEN, not level thirty five. Also, we have had that mount working CORRECTLY for years, and now it's broken, because we're stuck not being able to use an appearance mount, AND it no longer flies at level 10.

Can we please have it back the way it's supposed to be? I really don't care about the text on things, to be honest. But breaking the items that we've been using for a long time, and taking away functionality that we've had for so long, that's really not acceptable.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Absolutely. I, too, would appreciate those of us who were PROMISED flight with a special mount at 10th to get what we put in the effort for, which includes the 12th Anniversary mount. I'd heard that one dev didn't like the idea and yanked it from the 12th Ann., with no warning, no text changes, no nothing. "Fixing" the Sunbrite to be just as broken as the 12th Ann. isn't "fixing" anything. :mad:

Uwk
    Juraiya, Tkia and Rosyposy like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.