Not A Bug [FEEDBACK] Make old collections more accessible

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Sigrdrifa, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

On one of my "big" toons, I have like 200 collections discovered but not finished. That's because of those pesky NO-TRADE items. I ran a LOT of instances in CD, and still never completed the CD collections on any toon, and all I'm missing is a handful of NO-TRADE items.

So, I have some proposals:

(1) Get rid of NO-TRADE tags on all collections prior to BoL. This will be good for the DBG bottom line, because a lot of us don't want to go run those instances, but we do want to get the collections out of our journal. If other people will find them and put them up for sale, we will buy the dratted things. Which means more Krono sales to support our shiny habits. Honestly, I wish you'd get rid of BoL NO-TRADE tags on shinies, too.

(2) My baby toons can add 120 collectibles to their collections, but they cannot add 110 CD collectibles. They should be able to add those things if they want to, especially if they are a 110 crafter who can go pick up the overland shinies on their own.

(3) Some old collections that rewarded currency package that currency in a box if the toon is lower level. Getting the coins OUT of the box is a carpal-tunnel-injury-inducing nightmare. Stop putting that ancient coinage in a box, it's not like anyone is gonna use that coinage much anymore. And for the people who are so unlucky as to have boxes of coins sitting in inventory, either unpack them automagically into the Currency window on a server update, or add an option to the box to remove all coins from the box at once. Or remove the currency reward component altogether from the old collections.

(4) Add all shinies up to and including CD to the Burynai, the Guildhall Gardener, and/or the Fathomlurker Shiny Seeker.

(5) Put fertilizer materials back into body loot tables for BoL. That helps us to get shinies to clean up some of those old collections!
    Carynn, Stibbie, Syrdeth and 8 others like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yes indeed ! Not all of us were here back in that time.
    Sigrdrifa and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

I really think No-Trade shinies are stupid. Make shinies super rare but notrade is a nogo
    Morrigu, Lateana, Geroblue and 4 others like this.
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I don't even like super rare. It takes all the fun out of it.
    Geroblue likes this.
  5. Alarra Well-Known Member

I don't mind the no-trade shinies as long as they are only no trade for the current expansion, previous expansions should all be tradeable.
    Beee, Geroblue and Sigrdrifa like this.
  6. Rashi New Member

Why is this in this subforum? There are real bugs going on that are getting ignored.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Notice that it IS titled [FEEEDBACK]. They triage bug reports and rank response priority on them, just like any other dev team. Bugs that cause crashes and/or data loss are always the highest priority. Next highest are things that break game progress, with things that are widespread and experience by many being addressed first. Cosmetic changes and minor changes get worked in when a dev is between big fixes waiting for something from another team member... you can make this sort of change quickly. And this may in fact be an art team thing, which means a dev working on bug fixes isn't even involved.
    Beee, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.