Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mercychalice, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Please, PLEASE, don't put a gate on the entrance that makes everyone else have to wait for the ninja AFK person to click ok on choosing the difficulty of the zone. It's completely unfair to the rest of the group to make them waste their time waiting on the person to come back to accept. That's time that could be spent clearing the zone instead. Waiting on someone that goes to take their time with a smoke, or food, or whatever the reason, that makes the group wait for 3, 5, 10 minutes? It's obnoxious. Don't do this next expansion. I beg you.
    Hiza and Mermut like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Kick the laggard?
  3. Nuggetmachine Member

Think the point is to allow them to go in without kicking them and breaking the size/role requirements.

But seriously, get ya snacks, drinks, herbal leaf, and potty breaks outta the way. :D
  4. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Note sure why this expac that "feature" was adding inside the zone... maybe I just am not that insightful or cared enough to inquire, but I wouldn't mind going back to prior zone ins and would just run through zone trash while anyone had a random afk. Up to the Devs and their wisdom for BoL2.0.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

In the past, the difficulty of the zone was selected from the door at initial zone-in.
  6. Bludd Well-Known Member

i think they wanted to cut down on number of actual different zones and just differentiate them by having the script change when you selected difficulty on the shimmer

the zone-in dialog box can be super-cramped if there are a lot of versions and maps on the same zone-in
  7. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Correct, I recall how it used to be in CD and prior. The OP's issue did not happen then but yes the boxes were cramped... which is better??? Depends on who you group with I suppose.
  8. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Mostly point being that "Life Happens". Folks need to take a phone call, or go to the bathroom, or change a diaper, or help their spouse/child with something, or "___" insert reason here. And while it might take a minute or 5 to do, sometimes other folks are limited on time in the group, or just flat out impatient to stick their daggers in something or knock the mobs upside the head with their staffs. It's much simpler to let that person stand at the door and catch up, and let the rest of the group go ahead with what they've planned to do, than to stand around for what feels like forever some days, waiting on that ninja afk to come back for the rest of the group to proceed. It feels like a massive waste of the group's time, and depending on time zone, and time of day, energy level/patience of the rest of the group.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Chrol Developer

We’re not doing this again with the upcoming expansion.
    Snikkety, Anjel, Mercychalice and 3 others like this.
  10. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Good to know Chrol.