Feb's Spirit of Skyrim - Baubbleshire Portal Qeynos - Thurgadin Server

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Febrith, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Febrith Well-Known Member

Hi all, this home is my homage to Skyrim (please don't delete me, Devs - it is my second favourite fantasy world!)

I hope you find time to stop by and enjoy the dialogue of the city guards and the merchants and I hope it evokes some good memories for you as it did for me whilst I was making it. (If you don't know what Skyrim is then just please enjoy my Nordic home:p)

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Lainni Member

This is so cool! I hope you do a video on it as I do not have an open char slot to make a new baby on Thurgadin to come see it for myself!

~ L ~
    Febrith and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

Stunning!

I have almost came to the conclusion that a character is needed on pretty much every server just to see some of the amazing houses people do. LOL I know time for a meeting.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I HAVE characters on every server, and I still can't keep up... :-/

Thank the gods for spreadsheets! :D

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You used up all the slots available on Thurgadin? Wow...

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Febrith Well-Known Member

Thank you very much, that's sweet of you to say so:) I have a whole bunch of published properties that have never been video'd since Cupcake (Shanette:)) left us - I might do a few some time in the next few weeks and post on my channel. I've not done much decorating since this expansion arrived as I've been too busy with all the new fun content:)
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

This is amazing. I am still hoping for donations of talent from anyone? *waits patiently for the donations to roll in, so she can at least place a tree in a circle and get the tree in the center*
  8. Febrith Well-Known Member

lol /hug - that can actually be really hard to do! Every time you look at it from a different angle you realise it's slightly off! I adopt a "near enough" policy at times like those:)
  9. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Very nice! :eek:
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hence, my OCD about number-crunching... ;->

"Thank the gods for eight decimal places after the separator! If I scootch it from 89.80234582 to 89.80234580, it'll be perfect! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :confused:"

Uwk
    (who really can't tell things that fiddly, but 89.80235, now... ;->)
    Mercychalice and Breanna like this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have spent eons placing objects so they look perfect only to move by about .05 meters and look at it and its a shambled mess that looks nothing like it looks if you move back that .05 meters.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I love numbers, I am a math nerd. I am going to try your notepad method Uwk. I am just afraid I will screw something in the file up and then I will be borked.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, when in doubt...back in the old days, I used to save things like UwkLvnRm and UwkKtchn and things like that whenever I made a new room, regardless if it was in the same house or not. :-/

When in doubt, you could also save a file as Cyshouse.txt, just in case. That way, if you do mess something up, you can go back and see what it was, or maybe even rescue something from there if you're using the Notepad Method.

The one drawback with the ol' NM is that you can't quickly and easily sort things like you can in either JesDyr's Editor or Sennen's. They're not quite as good as Excel for that; you can't sort by different column criteria at the same time, for instance, but it's better than having to cut-n-paste throughout a Notepad file. ;->

Trust me on this one; the last one I did just using Notepad was the one on Public Test for Niboota's Punkocalypse contest: (TNPC) Not In Our Backyard (Qeynos, Researcher's Sanctum, Abrahm owner; not published, but if you have a Good character on Test, it's easy enough to get to). The item count includes 689/900 House Items, 173/900 Building Blocks, and 142 items in the Moving Crate.

All with Notepad... X-P

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Mirt Well-Known Member

Feb - Skyrim is my absolute favorite game of all time and I have spent hundreds of hours playing it since it came out in 2011. If you own a Switch, I highly recommend getting it for that platform as it is incredibly fun being able to play it when traveling on a handheld. They ported it over insanely well.

As far as the home, wonderful and a lovely tribute to Skyrim.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  15. Mirt Well-Known Member

I forgot to mention, that I wish I could tour it, but I don't have a toon on Thurgadin.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Febrith like this.
  16. Febrith Well-Known Member

Thank you for your kind words - I'm so happy to find a soul mate who loves it as much as I do. I don't have a switch, but I think I've played every major (and a lot of the minor) mods over the years and am literally quivering at the thought of Skyrim Beyond - having played their small Cyrodiil "expac" recently.
    I know it's a bother switching servers, I have a US and an EU copy of EQ installed so I can travel easily when doing videos for people. If you're a member I think you can create 7 characters over here if you could be bothered and were prepared to be very patient with the downloading when swapping servers. If so, then I have a hearth and home available to you in my guild to be a base for your travelling. There are some amazing houses to see over here and some brilliant decorators with waaaay more talent than me.
    The other day I did a small video of the house to save people the bother:-

I hope you like it - and at least I know you'll get where I'm coming from:)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, if you're based in the US, you can make 7 free toons in the EU (and vice versa if you start in Thurgadin, of course), and once you've done the extra downloading for a EU/US copy, you don't have to worry about it again until you download the next expac and try to install it (I had issues with that until I realized what the problem was [thanks all who helped with that! :D] and deleted one of the copies [no worries; once I'd downloaded and installed, I made my two separate copies again, and everyone was fine, character-wise]). :)

It's a little complicated, but better than over an hour each time you want to go from one to the other. :-/

Uwk
    Breanna and Febrith like this.
  18. Spirit Active Member

What a transformation , can't even recognize the babble hole (which i was totally disappointed in) wonderful work as usual Feb, you did yourself proud. For those of us that don't have toons on every server we appreciate your making the tour video.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Aw, Spirit! Seven more free toons! :D

It's easy, especially if all you do there is house visit... ;->

Uwk
    Breanna and Febrith like this.
  20. Febrith Well-Known Member

I know I've said it before in other posts but if anyone wants to make a character over here I'm always happy to give a guild invite/resources, pretty much anything you need to get you started or settled in on our very cosmopolitan server. I have been touched by so many lovely talented people from all over the world and it's always fun to make new friends:)
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.