February 2016 Producer's Letter

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Wezzelworm New Member

wow been away for a while and come back to some changes. my server no longer exists for the second time :(
    hope to find a home with some ex vox then naggy players
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Armageddoux Active Member

Other way to think is, that most people who are really opponents to the merging are because of the language frontier and THIS language frontier make it simply impossible to them saying they are are not OK with it ;)

In the in previous occasions to speak on the same subject I already told the best solution (my own opinion) was to have each player in his home language UI. So it's not the first time I say that.

And yes I am for the merging but only on this elementary condition
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The best place to find them these days--wait, did you mean the old players specifically, or PvP? For PvP, you need to go to the TLE server, Deathtoll. The players from Nagafen would be on...Skyfire? Not sure; never played on Nagafen. :-/

Uwk
  4. Poisonhawk Active Member

Great! More content with more bugs/LOS issues and lag! At least this one won't cost us!
  5. Adevil Well-Known Member

How is that even possible? /claim is disabled on both Stormhold and Deathtoll.

Loyalty tokens are displayed in the currency tab on those servers, but cannot be used. They're fully account wide, just the vendors that take them don't exist on the TLE servers, so you can't earn them on live and spend them on TLE :D
  6. Torvaldr Well-Known Member

Does this mean that the update will be for all access only or it will be B2P like other updates? I tried to find the answer through the thread, but if it's there I missed it.

I don't mind paying for expacs and updates. I don't want to, or rather, have no plans on playing subscription locked games again. I hope you're not going back to being sub-locked.
  7. Maergoth Well-Known Member

That's what I thought too, but I must have botched something. Either way, still not much more than even a krono worth of plat most likely.
  8. Anoxia Member

I'm not sure if this is related to the Feb newsletter ...

But I saw the MOTD talking about lowering strength of encounters? Is that in relation to what will be coming up? Or something entirely different?

If anyone has a link to the info, I'd appreciate it.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think that was for the TLE servers, since they were getting a bit ridiculous, from what I understand?

Uwk
    Ridolain_Kirkwall likes this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yea that problem was on TLS servers
    The mobs there drove players away because you needed a full party to do Fallen Gate and gray mobs would give a run for your money , it was pretty bad
    They told us that all mobs would reset once they were killed problem is on the PvP server Deathtoll so many players left that the remaining players cant kill all the ^^^ up heroics by themselves.
    and there are epic mobs all over the server that not even 3 T raids were able to kill.
  11. Anoxia Member

Ah, thanks for the information!
  12. Laiina Well-Known Member

I was thinking more along the lines of Zimbabwe, but yeah same idea.
  13. royalcheri New Member

I am wondering if there is going to be a "SOE Live" this year.. or whatever you want to call it. I know you are not SOE anymore, but I would like for you to bring back the convention. I am wondering when/if you are going to be bringing it back??
  14. Nockturnal Well-Known Member

Xiao and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. MissGreen Member

Seriously, this was my entire point..they DON'T MAKE ENOUGHT MONEY TO MAKE IT ALL ROUND, if they did well we would all be seeing better and new and fixed content...sorry...and also they have the cap on the broker/auction house ..still...so that says to me money...they need money...Im tired of it all, and NO advertising and marketing doesn't bring you **** if you don't know how to run a business. lmao..

I am sorry but the final frontier is what they let happen a new expansion isn't gonna fix anything...they are still operating under false pretenses...may the holy grail set these DEVOLOPERS FREE....
  16. MissGreen Member

Even their forums are jacked up...come on...and this is big news...pffft...it is very boring/yawn news...also those who were against what I said with ftp...this game is IT. You can't access the auction house broker unless ya pay for starters....do not feed into their ********..
    bring it on DEV's... one already addressed me and I don't care...Im not doing anything wrong, I just don't see how they are being right here ...or fair, they took away pvp which they never mastered anyways but still some of us liked that option, now they put two servers that TAKE NO MEMORY AT ALL ON ANY SERVERS because its cheap...so once again, think about what your doing here........
    This game WAS fun very fun until everyone started to tamper with it, that's one thing Ill never understand...why tamper with things if things are going okay..I understand they need to make money..but come on...really? a new skin for a npc half of us will never face ...that's just the lowest beyond low, sorry, if a game wants to make money you make a monthly event where everyone can benefit. This is how you bring new and old members back....DUH....you reward them...
    Armageddoux likes this.
  17. Paleale Member

it would have been nice to get the 88 slot bag for each char on the acct as Holly said during the original TLE stream.. (and I'll give up after this)..

It would be nice for Pali's to have a class hat that doesn't look like a Randy Johnson fast ball meeting a pigeon...
  18. Mancunian New Member

I agree, one per account just seems so mean minded and just petty. Unimpressed with this decision. Make's me wonder what will be promised on tomorrow's Twitch, then ultimately end up being broken. :mad:
  19. Livejazz Well-Known Member

Don't know about anyone else, I but I'd appreciate it if DBG would change its expac release dates. I say this because mid-November is too close to XMoose for me to buying stuff for myself, but by the time XMoose arrives, everything has already been done.

If you released in September I could get it as a BDay present, or if you released in January that would be awesome, but mid-November sucks. Any chance this could change?

& FWIW, I'm a F2P player who thinks the F2P model is even a bit TOO generous, & that subscribers deserve more benefits than they get. In fact, I'm a F2P player precisely because I think the subscription is not worth it, compared to the benefits received. I think that's wrong, & I think DBG should find ways to make subscriptions more enticing. I definitely think too many F2P players have an "entitlement" attitude going that they need to get rid of. Don't get me wrong, I really like the concept of free-to-play, but there needs to be something for subbies, too.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I completely agree. I personally want the exact helmet that Mithaniel Marr wears. Failing that, the one on the mercenary "Walkyria Edda".