Feasd's Excruciating Scream

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Tallest, Dec 5, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Tallest Guest

Does Lanet's Excruciating Scream actually do anything?

I'd read somewhere on these boards that it had been nerfed, but as I hadn't actually attained the spell at that stage it wasn't of any real concern to me. Now, however, I have it scribed and yet it doesn't appear to do anything whatsoever. I go through the casting time, I see the spell effect, but I see no damage numbers- either at the time of cast or as time goes on. Bugged for all? Just bugged for me? Just useless?

sidenote- isn't it a bit disappointing that it's the same effect as Piercing Shriek? Come to that, isn't it more than a bit disappointing that so many of our buffs trigger the same, bland and boring effects? Using my normal buffs of Merciless Melody, Songster's Luck and Rousing Tune just triggers 3 identical effects and is hardly inspiring. I often find myself dropping buffs in between encounters just so I can do the Bria's thing for some light musical entertainment. Out of interest, was anyone playing Rubies of Eventide about 15 months ago? Now THAT was how bard-like buffs should look, lol.
  2. ARCHIVED-iscariotVS Guest

when i first got this song i tried it out on a grey mob and it hardly did any damage whatsoever, at least no more than a melee hit woud have done. Also, what it actually does besides damage seems hard to notice, like many of our debuff songs. It says weaken but weaken what specificaly? Stats or health or damage or all of the above?

Shame really as i heard it was a pretty good song before it got nerfed. Oh well guess i jsut have to wait till lvl 24 for a song that might be worth waiting for, in the form of Harls quickening euphony.
  3. ARCHIVED-VelvetAcid13 Guest

It took me a while to notice what it did, when you cast it weakens the target, if you then look at the count down timer for it when that gets near to ending the spell will do damage, for me it seems always capped at 60 however it is quite hard to notice if your in a group as the damage shows as a grey number.

If it's not doing that then i guess it's bugged for you.
  4. ARCHIVED-Rungar Guest

this song needs to be completely revamped.. right now its basically useless.

heres what i would change it to:

lanets excruciating scream

mental dot+ str/int debuff

30 mental damage a tic for 6 tics+ 15str/int debuff ~ 1 minute

cast time 2.0 sec

recast time 1 minute.

at least then it would be useful imo.
  5. ARCHIVED-Priestbane Guest

So, when I did my run through with the spell, I started off with adept I (got the book before I got the spell, in fact). It does do damage, at about 66% of whatever Adept I of Piercing Scream is going to do (I do up to 140 with PS, I do around 90-100 with Lanet's). The damage comes when the debuff itself wears off. You will ONLY see it in blue damage text floaty above your head, it does not get written to your chat window. Seeing this number in groups is nigh impossible, unless you give up one of your other 6307 roles. =) I *always always* run my mental debuff attack (Sparkling Blade) on mobs after casting Lanet's and before Piercing Scream. That debuff seems to represent 15-20% of my damage.

I don't know how much the "weaken" portion of Lanet's does, that's very hard to quantify.
  6. ARCHIVED-Yolos Guest

DEVS, DO NOT, I REPEAT DO NOT do the above. Lanet's is too important to a Dirge to have at a 1 minute recast time. We get too many resists with it as it is.
    If you want to change something, put all the damage back and make it so you have to stand still to cast it(ie don't reduce the distance). Its hard to kite standing still and kitng was what ALL of the complaints were about.
    Message Edited by Yolos on 12-08-2004 01:04 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Coril Guest

How do you kite with it? As it does not slow down the mob, seems they are able to keep up with me unless I sprint. Even if I was to sprint away, damage from it is so small, that killing a mob while kitingthis way would take a year,
  8. ARCHIVED-gsn42 Guest

it was usually a 2 man operation... find the highest thing in the zone, 2nd person keeps it snared while the dirge lanet's it... run around, this may take a while, and the timebomb effect gently whittles it away... take into account that you can do this to any mob that doesnt resist (i never had lanet's resist) and you can get alot of exp really easily
  9. ARCHIVED-Salwena Guest

if i remember correctly, it had a minor agi debuff, and used to do 300-400 damage. that combined with a real snare. and the ability to sing it on the run. was allowing for dirges to whittle mobs that were group ^^ mobs of higher lvl down before their mana would run out. i agree, the damage should have remained the same, but make it have to cast while standing still. it would still be a good song. but would prevent kiting with it