Favorite Loyalty and City Token items

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Caela, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Caela Well-Known Member

I have an obscene number of loyalty and city tokens. What are some of your favorite items to buy?
    Soara2 and Saw-Lau like this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Caela Well-Known Member

Soara2, Dude and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Infusers! Instead of plat infusing, the infusers you can buy with Loyalty Tokens go to the same infusion layer as plat infusion.
    Siren, Soara2, Breanna and 3 others like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I like to buy the Kromzek Keep Prestige House and the Mistmoore Crags Prestige House (Blood Written Contract), then I like to buy the various house items. I know I can go and run the instance under Paineel to get the elaborate chocolate tray and the elaborate fruit tray, but if I don't feel like doing that, I can just snap them up from the loyalty merchant. I also like to get the Forgotten Pools Sproutlings.

I bought one Skyblade Skiff for 100 Loyalty Tokens and for me at least, that was a waste of 100 Loyalty Tokens.

Happy Shopping!!
    Soara2, Breanna and Dude like this.
  6. Caela Well-Known Member

Oooh, I didn't know there were food items. I'm slowly stocking up on items to put in a restaurant and bar I'm creating. So far, I haven't gotten very far - I'm not a very good decorator. But I got an uncanny estate (and am not convinced that is the best for the restaurant and bar) and I have set up a fairly nice looking bar. But I still need seating, tables, and to outfit the entire kitchen area.

Anyway - I'll check out the food house items - thanks!
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Holy cow! yes, lots of food! I highly recommend Lera's EQ2Furniture.com, it's like an illustrated catalog to let you "shop" for furnishings you need! Food, for example.
  8. Svenone Well-Known Member

I generally just buy the plat bags, though that becomes worth less as the inflation rises (IMO the plat bags value needs to be adjusted again). I am not one to betray just because the current mechanics favor the opposite class (brigand, when people seem to love the foppish swashbuckler; fury, when folks adore wardens; coercer, when weak-minded fools choose the illusionist; bruiser, when the cruel and heartless dev-gods clearly intend on their demise...)
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  9. Caela Well-Known Member

Oh thanks! I need to find whole plated meals, and other furnishing - this will be perfect to go shopping for the restaurant!
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  10. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Also, you can get table settings (plate, knife, fork, spoon etc) and other such things from doing the gathering quests given by the hungry halfling on TS docks.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Raff Well-Known Member

Infusers? Really...will need to look at that...obscene amount of loyalty tokens as well. Never spend them on anything.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

In EQ the plat bags give a random amount somewhere between 12k and 16k plat.

The ones in EQ II give 500 plat. So yes, the ones in EQ II need to be higher quantity of plat. For not much more loyalty tokens.
    Siren and Cyrrena like this.
  13. dorotea Well-Known Member

>I generally just buy the plat bags, though that becomes worth less as the inflation rises<

I had totally forgotten about those - thanks for the reminder. But the inflation you mention may indeed have made them meaningless. After many years away I started 4 new characters at level 1. By the time one of them hit level 20 I had gotten over 10,000 platinum. Wealth beyond the dreams of avarice at the time I left the game - doubtlessly less than pocket change to established players today.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Caela Well-Known Member

I am not seeing infusers for Loyalty tokens... I'm looking under Loyalty Tokens in the marketplace - is there another place to look?
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Loyalty Merchant in the city.
    Caela and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Raff Well-Known Member

I need to go look!
  17. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Plat bags, betrayal tokens and treasure hoards! Four treasure hoards in any city house means no rent (they do not reduce status, however - there are other ways to do that).
    Carynn and Breanna like this.
  18. Adept Active Member

• Box of Endless Loyalty
      Pick of the Underfoot sits above my crafting stations
      House Actor recipe crate
    • Sometimes a title - I am a Count 'respect me' flex
    • Various House items and pets

Plat bags .. well used to, but after selling a Krono for 12 million during the super krono inflation period my plat needs are met for now

• On my younger accounts - some of the items that are later veteran rewards
    • Hammer of adept hands
    • Orb of Concentrated Memories
    • Mystic Moppet Billy as shrink item
    • XP potion
    Cyrrena likes this.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Just what does Orb of Concentrated Memories do ? The wiki mentions it and shows the graphic. No details that I remember.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Bludd Well-Known Member

fills up your adventure vitality so you get double xp
    Breanna, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.