Favor of Innovation not working above level 90

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina, Aug 24, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

The other day, I asked hubby to make me some spells for my defiler on his sage. I gave him 10 star sapphire and he set to work.
    First combine proced a Favor of Innovation. The recipe consumed the ingredients (afterwards he had only 9 star sapphires) and no rares at all was returned to the crafter, either T9 or T10.
    It looks like the Favor of Innovation wasn't coded above level 90 which is very disappointing to say the least :(
  2. ARCHIVED-bluja000 Guest

Did you /bug this? Perhaps /petition with a screenshot of the favor and resulting end result (through chat log)? Did you check to see if you had a different kind of rare that replaced the diamond?
  3. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

I happened to get one a day or 2 ago on my 92 provis, I got a T9 root.
  4. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

Zehl_Ice-Fire wrote:
    What level was the recipe you were working on? Favor of Innovation is tied to the level of the recipe, not crafter.
  5. ARCHIVED-Taladorm Guest

6. ARCHIVED-Kuulei Guest

did he counter it right? if you miss the counter, you use up the ingredients.
    Did he petition to have them check the that he actually got the that and countered it right?
  7. ARCHIVED-calcdivs Guest

Been this way since launch. In the sense that it does not return the "correct" rare for lvl 91+ recipes. I have bugged it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

long time without answering, but yes, we had countered the favor, there were no rares in inventory and it ate up the ressources used while handing back nothing at all. I had a screenshot but we didn't bother petitioning as I thought it was a "feature" and not a "bug" *cough* I'm not sure our GM would have done anything and pretty sure of the reverse.
  9. ARCHIVED-DasUberFuzzy Guest

Tiers are still messed up. Was making rhenium arrows last night, and got a FoI. Got a eucalyptus instead of a bubinga lumber. Was sad to get a outdated 3pp wood, rather then the 56pp #sadpanda

I think, because the items are L90 (both the internal item level, and the level to use), the "what tier is this item" math, is asssuming L90 is still part of the 80-89 tier, rather then 90-92
    This happens at every level cap increase. It took them how long after cap raise top fix the rare needed for L50, L60 and L70 spells/ca upgrades?
  10. ARCHIVED-Cloudrat Guest

I may be wrong, but I think Whilhelmina (the lady who writes a wonderful crafting website for the French speaking people, may be saying that they got no rare not the wrong tier.
    She and her husband have put in huge amounts of time into thorough testing of the game and probably don't need reminding of the common knowledge information. Watching carefully for what occurs as a level 91+ crafter though and reporting it here might be helpful:)
    There were lots of times during testing that the game didn't recognize crafters who were over level 90. I spent a lot of time getting the right toon who had compeleted cloak but not gone to Thurgadin at level 90 over to testcopy to get to 92 before going to Thurgadin to find out that Qho didn't send a letter to toons past level 90.
    If I misinterpreted sorry, just couldn't resist sticking in my two cents.
  11. ARCHIVED-DasUberFuzzy Guest

Yes, Cloutrat, I understand that. And its been a month since Wil originally posted. Pretty sure its been de-bugged since.
    I've since gotten FoI on sagecraft (and 5 other crafts), and have gotten *AH* rare, just not the right one.
    Was just updating/bumping the thread that it is still not working 100% correctly (in the hopes that the mythical tradeskill dev that may or may not exist will read their assigned forums and see this text)